The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's surprising, if asked I would have said 6 or 7 wins. Come on the toffees.
It's a bizarre record. One win in 28 games, and for a long time Liverpool won most games home and away, but more recently it's draws galore.

The last bit sums it up for all 3 teams. I think one slip from any of them would likely prove fatal in winning the title.

I think both Arsenal and Liverpool will drop points in at least two from the last 7 games. Maybe we'll draw one game, too.

Truly an epic title race.

As much as people will say see at the end of the season, I actually think Arteta will feel vindicated today with his set up at City.

Knowing their GD is likely to end the best, getting a draw meant they just needed Liverpool to draw not lose.

They are now in the position to go all the way.

I think if they had gone for it against us, we’d have won so unfortunate for us they didn’t.

There defence has been the best, but I just have a sneaky feeling they will have 1 or 2 wasteful games where the lack of a WC striker will cost them.

Liverpool are better chasing then leading and I feel they will bounce back and go again.

Although, they are not the team of a few years ago and Salah always seem to struggle after African cup of Nations.

It feels if we get in front, the other 2 would be rightly worried.

I think both Arsenal and Liverpool will drop points in at least two from the last 7 games. Maybe we'll draw one game, too.
I tend to agree. I think it's highly unlikely all 3 teams win every game from here on in. You can look at certain fixtures where points may be dropped, but as we know it rarely works that way in reality. The European games may have a big say in what happens also.

Of course it has relevance. If you are saying (correctly) that dippers/tarquins are going to drop points based on the fact that they have done so in 9 games then it stands to reason by your logic that we are also going to drop points because we've already done so in 10 games. It's how we buck that trend that will be the winning, or losing of the league
It is irrelevant.

Truly an epic title race.

As much as people will say see at the end of the season, I actually think Arteta will feel vindicated today with his set up at City.

Knowing their GD is likely to end the best, getting a draw meant they just needed Liverpool to draw not lose.

They are now in the position to go all the way.

I think if they had gone for it against us, we’d have won so unfortunate for us they didn’t.

There defence has been the best, but I just have a sneaky feeling they will have 1 or 2 wasteful games where the lack of a WC striker will cost them.

Liverpool are better chasing then leading and I feel they will bounce back and go again.

Although, they are not the team of a few years ago and Salah always seem to struggle after African cup of Nations.

It feels if we get in front, the other 2 would be rightly worried.
Rubbish.
Arsenal blew their chance last week

Based on fixtures left the combined positions of the teams left to play (higher number indicates easier run in):
City - 69
Liverpool -54
Arsenal - 53

We each have 3 games at home and 3 games away…
City’s home/away is 35/34
Liverpools is 29/25
Arsenals is 32/21

City have the easier home and away games comparatively

Arsenals and Liverpools away games is where the title will be won/lost - especially after European games
We each have 7 games left. How can it be 3 at home and 3 away?

I tend to agree. I think it's highly unlikely all 3 teams win every game from here on in. You can look at certain fixtures where points may be dropped, but as we know it rarely works that way in reality. The European games may have a big say in what happens also.
There's only one that that could and that's us, we have the best set of fixtures

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.