The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've also lost Gundog, Laporte & Mahrez with Stones & De Bruyne out injured.
Not doing too bad but let's see where we are after Christmas.
Really looking forward to getting KDB back, may take him a good while to get up to speed but we really need him back in there. As good as Julian is, he's pretty non existent in that role just now.

The odds shortened a fair bit despite just the draw.
We had 5 draws last year and 5 losses. Through 12 games we have 1 draw and 2 losses

If we simply convert two of those draws from last year into wins, we would be at 93 points. I feel pretty good about where we stand after 12 games. We have weathered a good chunk of the Kevinless storm.

Interesting that the Liverpool fixture follows some intense WC Qualifiers in South America with Brazil v Argentina, Uruguay v Bolivia, and Paraguay v Columbia, all kicking off Tuesday Evening/ Wednesday Morning (UK Time)

Regardless of the eventual outcome (and ignoring that Ederson and Alvarez will also be involved) I fully expect a Klopp rant about long flights and 12:30 kick offs.

Interesting that the Liverpool fixture follows some intense WC Qualifiers in South America with Brazil v Argentina, Uruguay v Bolivia, and Paraguay v Columbia, all kicking off Tuesday Evening/ Wednesday Morning (UK Time)

Regardless of the eventual outcome (and ignoring that Ederson and Alvarez will also be involved) I fully expect a Klopp rant about long flights and 12:30 kick offs.
He already has

We had 5 draws last year and 5 losses. Through 12 games we have 1 draw and 2 losses

If we simply convert two of those draws from last year into wins, we would be at 93 points. I feel pretty good about where we stand after 12 games. We have weathered a good chunk of the Kevinless storm.
Remember that we dropped five points after the title had been clinched last season. I'd like to think we'd have won those two games had we needed to.

Next 3 games will tell us more I think. I personally don’t think we have been that great consistently and we are shipping too many soft goals, Dippers/Spurs and Villa are tough games. Get 7 points from them and I think we will be looking good.

Elo points gives us an idea as to how well we are playing versus the level we were at around the end of last season.

We started this season on 2077 and we are currently on 2068. Not bad given the players we have lost through sales and injury and that it’s very hard to maintain such a high level.

We were on 2093 at one point which is the 4th best of any team in history and the highest British club ever. Barca have the record at 2110 (See below)

We might not be playing at our best but the level is very high. To give you an idea Bayern are currently second on 1990.

It’s hard for us to appreciate how difficult it is to keep where we are let alone get there in the first place.

I think we can and will win the league again by around 7 points. It’s difficult not to expect us to carry on winning but we will realise how astonishing this all is when we are back in the pack winning the PL once every 5-10 years.

If we win the CWC I hope we have another picture taken but this time with FIVE trophies in front.

RankTeamPeak DateEloCoach
ESP
Barcelona '12
2012-04-152110Pep Guardiola
GER
Bayern '14
2014-03-262106Pep Guardiola
ESP
Real Madrid '14
2014-05-012099Carlo Ancelotti
ENG
Man City '23
2023-09-212093Pep Guardiola

When Kev is back we should give boulders the robocop treatment and operate all his problems away then he’s good for the run in! With Stones, Kev and Rodri in midfield another title will be on the mantle piece

I was half a sleep this morning when I heard opta stats have us at 87%(I think it said that) to win the PL this year. It was on the 7.00 news. That's about 1-8 in betting terms and seems far too high(or low).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.