The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
City will most likely win out from here. Our job is to take them to the last game of the season and after the 'bottling' of last season that will show great progress and demand respect. Then we can build from there.

Last season City were better in all departments (defence, midfield and attack). Now we have overtaken City in one (defence - albeit watch Gvardiol turn into an absolute monster in the years ahead) and have closed the gap in the others, although a gap does remain still.

We have a young nucleus of excellent players who aren't going anywhere and we can add to it. I suspect we will be City's main challengers for at least the next 4 or 5 seasons, possibly along with Chelsea. It's for sure a damn sight better than fighting for 4th place which is where we were up to a couple of seasons ago.

Fulham is tough but doable, i dont think Fulham would be bothered if Arsenal win the lg so no favors expected, the club is Mr nice in the footballing world unlike west ham and spurs where an Arsenal title wouldnt go down well, just watch there set pieces and play our game we should be ok
West Ham wouldn't mind an Arsenal title win, there's not huge animosity between the clubs and they are unified in hating Spurs.

But it doesn't matter what West Ham want or not, they're getting nothing at the Etihad!

City will most likely win out from here. Our job is to take them to the last game of the season and after the 'bottling' of last season that will show great progress and demand respect. Then we can build from there.

Last season City were better in all departments (defence, midfield and attack). Now we have overtaken City in one (defence - albeit watch Gvardiol turn into an absolute monster in the years ahead) and have closed the gap in the others, although a gap does remain still.

We have a young nucleus of excellent players who aren't going anywhere and we can add to it. I suspect we will be City's main challengers for at least the next 4 or 5 seasons, possibly along with Chelsea. It's for sure a damn sight better than fighting for 4th place which is where we were up to a couple of seasons ago.
Wouldn't give up hope just yet. We could blast through two out of the next three games but one draw and it's over for us. Two years ago we demolished Wolves 1-5 at Molineux with three games to go and everyone thought it would be a procession. We then went 2-0 down at West Ham and finished with a 2-2 draw, followed by us being 0-2 down at home to Villa on the last day of the season.

Wouldn't give up hope just yet. We could blast through two out of the next three games but one draw and it's over for us. Two years ago we demolished Wolves 1-5 at Molineux with three games to go and everyone thought it would be a procession. We then went 2-0 down at West Ham and finished with a 2-2 draw, followed by us being 0-2 down at home to Villa on the last day of the season.
I've not given up hope but I look at the control City exerted over that Wolves midfield today and it just struck home that actually this is the bit City love, the final straight and they've been waiting for it. It's what you guys do, finish it off.

Sure, you could get a red card in a game, you never know but actually I'm positive regardless as we have made progress and built a foundation. Arsenal aren't going anywhere any time soon. Neither are City, who remain the benchmark and I just don't think we are quite there yet. We may well get there in a season or two, but City will continue to improve as well. Interesting times!

Has a new barcelona manager been announced yet? Do you not think artera will jump given then chance?

I think united will be closer next season than Liverpool but i think Chelsea could be a dark horse if they avoid European football.

Arsenal's defence in solid and they're unreal from attacking set pieces. They need to get themselves a world class striker but is there anyone available?

someone posted arsenals percentage of winning it, think it was 25-30% which i think is very low, i'd have said 40% and city 60%, but remember its not over till the fat lady sings, look at us on the final day villa at home,went ot for a smoke gutted at 0-2 and came back in at 3-2,,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.