The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I'll just stick to the fact that our players won a treble last season, whilst Liverpools finished 5th, 22 points behind us, and have since lost Fabinho, Henderson and Milner who were all incredibly experienced.

Weird that we've started judging a teams quality/depth based on how many senior pros they have. How many senior pros do Luton and Sheffield United have? What is a senior pro?
Thats nothing to do with your original comment but ok!!

I also never commented on the quality of the respective squads, just the size. Have you been drinking?

It would be sad if there were no supporters around who are easy to enthuse and be overly optimistic at times :) Naturally, these may or may not be the same supporters that believe the ship is capsizing after one bad game or result.
Spot on mate.

Some of the non match going weirdos on here kind of view it as a badge of honour to be overly pessimistic but of course the vast majority of fans of any club are always optimistic about their teams’ prospects and City’s real life fans are no different.

Clearly hasn't worked out for Sheffield United, Chelsea and Burnley.

Every team the Premier League plays 38 times a season. The season is judged on 38 games. The easy games are not so easy because the rubbish teams have nothing to lose playing against us so they just hope and try and get a point off us.

Being Champions. The pressure is always on us to win it again and again. The year Liverpool won it. We probably got very tired and we had to get nearly 100pts in 2 seasons (We did get 100pts in 2018).

But we regrouped and didn't make a good start. Covid affected several teams that season. We lost 5-2 to Leicester, United lost 6-1 to Tottenham and Liverpool lost 7-2 to Villa. But Christmas was what got us to win the league by consistent good performances and wins.

I would say Liverpool have had harder games than us so far and are only 2pts back. The next 4 will give us a better picture both on how strong we are and how much we're going to get pushed by the rest. I still feel Liverpool are our biggest rivals this season. They've had a good start.

Next 4:

Liverpool - Spurs A, Brighton A, Everton H, Forest H
Arsenal - Bournemouth A, City H, Chelsea A, Sheffield United H
City - Wolves A, Arsenal A, Brighton H, Rags A

That will be 10 games done and we'll have had some tough ones in there which give us a better steer of where we, and the opposition are.
Absolutely the easiest start out of all the best teams we have had

Absolutely the easiest start out of all the best teams we have had out of all the top half teams. Newcastle didn't want to take any risks against us, we've played bottom clubs really. I think we may huff and puff this season and Liverpool will coast it

Liverpool will push us all the way....

Injuries will dictate our season - if we get some luck with the injuries we will be there or there abouts......if however the bad luck with injuries carries on then we will be in for a real fight.....some of our second string dont look up for it and we cannt play too many of them in one starting 11 or our standards fall too much.

Wonder if we may add someone in January transfer window???

Thats nothing to do with your original comment but ok!!

I also never commented on the quality of the respective squads, just the size. Have you been drinking?
What do you mean it's got nothing to do with my original comment? I said we've lost 2 or 3 senior players, as have Liverpool, and yet out team won a treble last season and finished 20 points clear of them!

How are you therefore possibly comparing their number of senior players to ours, as if that's some sort of metric to judge both sides by?

I'm just laughing that somehow we're judging squads on their number of senior players!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.