The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Massive few weeks ahead!! I know Chelsea won tonight and i might live to regret this but not sure they’ll beat us if we turn up. Spuds have also been decimated tonight with suspensions and injuries. Watched Liverpool yesterday and they were average at best. 7 points out of 9 and it will be very difficult for the rest,
4-1 flattered them mate, it was still anyone’s game at 1-1, that second red killed Spurs, I’m not worried about Chelsea, like you said, Spurs squad took a hit tonight and it was a paper thin squad anyway, Liverpool is the one but they can be absolutely bobbins at the back, I’d agree with 7 out of that potential 9, I’d even be happy with 6

Massive few weeks ahead!! I know Chelsea won tonight and i might live to regret this but not sure they’ll beat us if we turn up. Spuds have also been decimated tonight with suspensions and injuries. Watched Liverpool yesterday and they were average at best. 7 points out of 9 and it will be very difficult for the rest,
No one beats us if we turn up. The only side that could beat us on their own terms in recent years was that first great Klopp Liverpool side.

4-1 flattered them mate, it was still anyone’s game at 1-1, that second red killed Spurs, I’m not worried about Chelsea, like you said, Spurs squad took a hit tonight and it was a paper thin squad anyway, Liverpool is the one but they can be absolutely bobbins at the back, I’d agree with 7 out of that potential 9, I’d even be happy with 6
No way, that means we'd have to lose 1 (and give another side 3 points).

With the quality in our squad we should be taking 7 minimum. I personally would be disappointed if we didn't take the maximum 9. We've got the easiest side away, and Liverpool/Spurs at home.

Pep's not lost at home to Liverpool in the league in his 7 previous seasons, 4 wins 3 draws , and we've put some serious goals past them in those 7 games too (19 to 6!)

No one beats us if we turn up. The only side that could beat us on their own terms in recent years was that first great Klopp Liverpool side.
His only “great” side was merely really good.

Winning back to back titles and two trebles is the marker of a great team. Beating Spursy Spurs to win the CL and winning the league once when City have a year off puts them above say Leicester but below Wenger’s best Arsenal team.

Winning back to back titles and two trebles is the marker of a great team. Beating Spursy Spurs to win the CL and winning the league once when City have a year off puts them above say Leicester but below Wenger’s best Arsenal team.
Went very close to us on a few occasions, The Crystanbul year and particularly the Aston Villa Gundogan season.
We went on some brilliant runs and they were still very close to us at the end.
We didn't slip up when other teams would have.
They have ben in 2 champions league finals recently and, but for us, would have won a few Premier titles.
They have been our only consistent opposition and I think they will be this season again.

Went very close to us on a few occasions, The Crystanbul year and particularly the Aston Villa Gundogan season.
We went on some brilliant runs and they were still very close to us at the end.
We didn't slip up when other teams would have.
They have ben in 2 champions league finals recently and, but for us, would have won a few Premier titles.
They have been our only consistent opposition and I think they will be this season again.
Yep can’t argue with any of that - like I said they were a really good team but we were / are a great one.

Not sure about them this season, I don’t buy into all this hype that their midfield is suddenly super strong. Hendo and Fabinho were good midfielders who knew their way around the pitch and were totally au fait with what Klopp wanted, losing them both weakens their midfield.

Salah’s a year older and maybe casting his eyes to Saudi riches, Nunez is willing but he’s 2nd rate, their defence is iffy, they’ll greatly miss Andy Rob and perhaps most crucially of all we destroyed them mentally with the comeback against Villa to win the title. I think their whole club now from top to bottom has an inferiority complex when it comes to City

I think, to be fair to them (and I rarely am), that Liverpool side was a hell of a lot better than most of the Chelsea, United and Arsenal teams who won the Prem multiple times. To get 99 points in a season is no mean feat.

They are probably a top 5 all time team. It’s just a shame for them that ours was in the top 1 :)

I only watch home games, don't watch TV, but reckon our performances against Newcastle, Forest and Brighton were as good as I've seen us in terms of controlling a game.

But I was a bag of nerves in all three of those till the final whistle due to "events".

Anything can happen, which is why everyone watches the Premier League.

We have already lost 4 games. We can’t afford to lose more than one now otherwise it would be difficult to retain the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.