The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which level, they are hardly winning convincingly,despite our run of draws and losses we are potentially 2 points behind, their defence isn't great.They''ll drop points,if we do what we are capable of we'll win it.We might not win it but we are and should be favourites.

We favourites because of what we have done in the last 5/6 years but every year is different! We go to Anfield and don't lose go to spurs and win that's what we need to do in the next 19 games

Opta have it City 60% Liverpool 32% and 8% the rest so similar to the bookies.

We know we will hit the pedal now as that is what we are designed to do. Liverpool we will see.

What I would say is that Liverpool in general have been luckier than us and if you strip that out we should be 2 points clear of them plus a game in hand rather than 5 points behind plus a game in hand.

I think the fact we've been ahead late on against Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Palace yet drawn every one of those games and yet are 2pts off top if we win our game in hand shows that we shouldn't fear any of our rivals. The opening 6 games we won in a row is the best record so far in the league. Liverpool have managed 5 in a row and Arsenal just 4. It's crazy really that despite picking up 3pts from 12 in that frustrating run, after we'd had back-to-back losses to Wolves and Arsenal not long before we're that close still.

What do you lads recon of the following front 5 once Kevin comes back?

Doku with Grealish and Bernardo on the right would be another solution.
IMG_2223.jpeg

We favourites because of what we have done in the last 5/6 years but every year is different! We go to Anfield and don't lose go to spurs and win that's what we need to do in the next 19 games

We need 85 pts, max 87 pts. This means that even if we lose at Liverpool and Spurs, we can win the title as long as we win say 15 of the other 17 games. Of course, if we don't lose at Anfield, it would be easier to win the title.

Liverpool are not favourites for a reason. But it would be better for us if they were regarded as favourites. It's a lot easier to play the underdog role. Klopp loves it.

Which level, they are hardly winning convincingly,despite our run of draws and losses we are potentially 2 points behind, their defence isn't great.They''ll drop points,if we do what we are capable of we'll win it.We might not win it but we are and should be favourites.

Liverpool fan here :)

Very fair views here. I would say that I haven't seen enough from Liverpool to warrant being able to be confident in keeping the title race going, but if we can hit a level of consistency in front of goal then we stand a chance. The depth of the forwards has helped us.

Depsite that, no one (media aside) can kid themselves that you lot don't have several gears to go, and if you can refind those gears, while having been through a 'crisis' (yes, being sarcastic) and only being a few points behind.....you're in a great position, frankly.

Add to that our Europa league games and we could find ourselves with a burnt clutch in due course.

We need 85 pts, max 87 pts. This means that even if we lose at Liverpool and Spurs, we can win the title as long as we win say 15 of the other 17 games. Of course, if we don't lose at Anfield, it would be easier to win the title.

Liverpool are not favourites for a reason. But it would be better for us if they were regarded as favourites. It's a lot easier to play the underdog role. Klopp loves it.

Yeah see that am not sure if Kdb be back and be at his best plus not sure we can keep doing this 15 wins out of 17! Oh Klopps mention of Kdb being back is him taking pressure of his team because he knows he has a big chance of winning the league

Last season was the greatest in our history yet we actually dropped 11 points more than in 17/18. That's the contradiction which can't really be measured at this stage of the season as we've got no control over other team's results.
For example, Arsenal host Liverpool in a few weeks, and whilst a draw would be good for us, I'd probably prefer an Arsenal victory. Similarly, both these clubs have to visit Old Trafford, and whilst never wanting United to win, it might suit our needs.

Of course in an ideal world City would just blast everyone out of the water, but that would mean winning at Anfield which has only happened three times in my lifetime, and I'm 60 next August.

Yeah see that am not sure if Kdb be back and be at his best plus not sure we can keep doing this 15 wins out of 17! Oh Klopps mention of Kdb being back is him taking pressure of his team because he knows he has a big chance of winning the league

I think Klopp is mocking our fans and management. His message is Liverpool can cope no matter whether City are with or without KDB. Watch KDB scoring the winner at Anfield now :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.