The Title Race - 2024/25

How many points to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arsenal have had the tougher start, but we've also played three of the top 7, with two of those being away.

Arsenal also got very lucky with decisions against us. They had three attempts on target, two of which were the goals, which could easily have been ruled out.
Everyone says they are lucky every season, along with Liverpool when we are in a run in with them. You make your own luck at times. Arsenal have played 4 out of the top 9 if you want to stretch it further. Still a long way to go but we can' go another full season with a team matching us nearly every week and declare they are just lucky.

Everyone says they are lucky every season, along with Liverpool when we are in a run in with them. You make your own luck at times. Arsenal have played 4 out of the top 9 if you want to stretch it further. Still a long way to go but we can' go another full season with a team matching us nearly every week and declare they are just lucky.
they draw at home at Brighton that will cost them the title

they draw at home at Brighton that will cost them the title
I hope so, and that kind of result is what lost them the title last year. It still went to the last game of the season though so all this "they are lucky" is nonsense. "they can't win like they did on Saturday all season" Before you not it we are in May and in an exciting title run in.

I hope so, and that kind of result is what lost them the title last year. It still went to the last game of the season though so all this "they are lucky" is nonsense. "they can't win like they did on Saturday all season" Before you not it we are in May and in an exciting title run in.
yeah they're not lucky at all, they put in a shift and are a great team.

I agree with you, and I clearly didn't say they are always lucky. They deserve to be where they have been for the last two and a half years.

But that doesn't mean they weren't lucky against us. They created very, very little, and a different ref could easily have ruled out both their goals.

I understand we often see a team get a string of late winners, for example, and say they must be lucky - but when you watch the games, it's down to a huge build up of pressure, where they're pushing to win, rather than settling. That's a very different situation.

We are 2/1 second favourites now. The last time we were that price was after the 0-0 draw with Arsenal on Easter Sunday.

Long way to go, we're still unbeaten and have had a tricky enough start on paper.

I feel that its unlikely we win the league but can't rule out Pep coming up with something to compensate the loss of Rodri
I think it is very competitive this season with us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, and even Spurs all in the mix. Teams will take points of each other. That may help us. The PL is fantastic these days.

I agree with you, and I clearly didn't say they are always lucky. They deserve to be where they have been for the last two and a half years.

But that doesn't mean they weren't lucky against us. They created very, very little, and a different ref could easily have ruled out both their goals.

I understand we often see a team get a string of late winners, for example, and say they must be lucky - but when you watch the games, it's down to a huge build up of pressure, where they're pushing to win, rather than settling. That's a very different situation.

I agree and maybe it was wrongly aimed in your direction, this forum just has a habit of claiming our rivals are always lucky. They had luck against us with certainly the first goal. I thought first half they could have scored a couple more and second half you could argue we barely threatened? Standing on the edge of their box all game without creating isn't great.

City's usp has been stamina, for the grind that the Prem becomes. Down to squad rotation, game management, the depth of talent available, state of the art medical expertise for prevention and treatment of inevitable injuries, mental fatigue, and harmony. City have no control over something like the anomaly that was Leicester's triumph in the prem, the behaviour of refs, the opaque decisions that emanate from Var, and the influence of the "cartel" and it's cheerleaders in the msm. I am convinced that no other club, ever, has faced such a sustained and comprehensive assault on it's very existence. Well...fuck'em.

We are 2/1 second favourites now. The last time we were that price was after the 0-0 draw with Arsenal on Easter Sunday.

Long way to go, we're still unbeaten and have had a tricky enough start on paper.

I feel that its unlikely we win the league but can't rule out Pep coming up with something to compensate the loss of Rodri
Might be the time to bet on us….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.