The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Vexing result today, as we had the upper hand and could have easily come away from Anfield with all three points if it wasn't for some truly horrendous defensive errors.

No need to apportion blame - those who made the mistakes will be well aware of them and they will hopefully learn their lessons.

Big week ahead of us with a trip to the San Siro on Thursday followed by Fulham at the Lane on Sunday.

TBF the goals Spurs scored were down to poor defending by Liverpool. I too thought you could have snatched at least a point. Liverpool away is a tough game. I thought you did well. Although you lost, today's performance by Spurs convinced me they will finish top 4.

jimharri said:
supercrystal7 said:
AVB is doing a great job, but your squad really does lack depth. It's impressive how he is still fighting on in Europe. Next year without serious investment competing in the Champions League may cause you to drop out of the top 4 again. Chelsea and Liverpool have young squads, which should be a lot better.

Also is it just me or does Walker make a huge mistake resulting in a goal every other game? He really needs to improve his concentration and decision making.
Walker is, at best, an average player. How he won the PFA young player of the year last season is a mystery. And Assou-Ekotto would scare the shit out of me if (god forbid) I had the misfortune to be a Spurs fan.

Every time I've seen Walker play, it seems he's more interested in showing how quick and strong he is, it seems laying down those challenges mean more to him than actually concentrating on his role in the team.

Dirty Harry said:
jimharri said:
supercrystal7 said:
AVB is doing a great job, but your squad really does lack depth. It's impressive how he is still fighting on in Europe. Next year without serious investment competing in the Champions League may cause you to drop out of the top 4 again. Chelsea and Liverpool have young squads, which should be a lot better.

Also is it just me or does Walker make a huge mistake resulting in a goal every other game? He really needs to improve his concentration and decision making.
Walker is, at best, an average player. How he won the PFA young player of the year last season is a mystery. And Assou-Ekotto would scare the shit out of me if (god forbid) I had the misfortune to be a Spurs fan.

Every time I've seen Walker play, it seems he's more interested in showing how quick and strong he is, it seems laying down those challenges mean more to him than actually concentrating on his role in the team.

And people think he should play for England over Johnson.. he was poor today as well though lol

gaving673 said:
Dirty Harry said:
jimharri said:

And people think he should play for England over Johnson.. he was poor today as well though lol

Rather than play Johnson are Engerland allowed to start with 10 men?

mcmanus said:
gaving673 said:
Dirty Harry said:

Rather than play Johnson are Engerland allowed to start with 10 men?
I'd have Micah over either of them.

It's really about squad depth. They even had to use Livermore in XI and had only one useful player (Holtby) on the bench.

I actually fancy them for the Europa but fixture congestion could be a tad demanding, just hope their west London rivals do the honours in the cup replay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.