The Tottenham Thread 12/13

Van Persies left peg said:
Crouchinho said:
Van Persies left peg said:
Foys a corrupt bastard!! he was the guy who allowed spurs to get away with WWE and netball at OT in the same game go totally unpunished! :)

Bring back Webb! even when you had the ball 2 yards in the goal he told you to fuck off! thats what i call refereeing! (least i think it was webb?)

lol, that was Clatternwank. Or Gomes winning the ball against Carrick that being a penno, or Tarrico winning the ball outside the box and the ref giving a penno and sending him off. Or Ronaldo diving against Malbranqe for a penno. Shit I'm nitpicking again!!!

Howard Webb for an OBE!

Hahaha yeah weve had plenty go our way against you over the years, i think Chelsea have been getting your due decisions against us with some of the shit theyve had over us with atkinson at the bridge down the years!!, meh, swings and roundabouts....(dont you think ive forgotten Rafael getting sent off at white hart lane for not even touching Bale either! fucking Mike dean!

They always say the bigger the team the rub of the green you get. When we cracked the top 4 it seemed 50/50 decisions went our way for the first time in many years.

I think it's gone back to how it used to be now, not that I am complaining, I don't really blame the ref too often like I said before. It's just we have the luxury of a million Sky replays, refs aren't machines. Having reffed Sunday league it's very difficult and I found myself ball watching and making silly mistakes here and there. I feel a bit sorry for refs these days and it doesn't help with stupid pundits like Alan Hansen and armchair fans shouting "contact" when that isn't even in the FIFA rules book to justify a foul. A bit of common sense is needed when reffing.

I still don't trust Clatternburg and Foy at all, there is something very suspicous about these two.

bleed.blue said:
LedleyKing said:
CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!

You could replace Spurs with any team in the league, edit the list of events a bit, and concoct a post just like this. Every side in the league both benefit from and are hurt by refereeing mistakes....

Did I say anything about conspiracy/fixing??
Did I talk about last year anywhere in my post???

As for other teams, tell me one team that has had so much luck this year?

@crouchinho: Outplaying a team doesnt matter if you cant create genuine chances. Lennon running into blind alleys is not outplaying. The decisions I have picked are absolute stonewall, not the 50-50s which could have gone either way.
If we are nitpicking, then ManU also should have had a penalty at OT against you. This is a losing battle you are fighting.
A bit of sarcasm.

Your point was that Spurs get beneficial calls from referees. My point is that every side in the league do, meaning your're right but that it's completely irrelevant. Spurs get beneficial calls, City get beneficial calls, United get beneficial calls. Hopefully you see where I'm going here. Making the point is essentially beating the world's deadest horse.

Premier League referees can be absolute shit, it's sad but true.

Fair play to spurs, they have sneaked back up after that poor run.

To the resident spurs fans...

How are you shaping up now ? can you see some structure and plan from AVB starting to manifest it's self on the pitch or not yet ?

TCIB said:

How are you shaping up now ? can you see some structure and plan from AVB starting to manifest it's self on the pitch or not yet ?
Yeah I do think you can notice that AVB has settled in a bit and it seems the players have responded positively to the transition as well. I don't know that his overall plan or structure, as you say, are clear and well underway, but I think that takes a bit more time. We've been able to advance to the knockout stages of the EL and are also fourth, so we are right where we want to be in terms of the race for the Champions League places

Whether or not Spurs remain in contention for a top 4 finish will largely depend upon the outcome of your question. If AVB can further advance and manifest his plan, through continued positive results and a few pieces in January, I think we will be successful in our goals. It will also help as we get a bit more healthy. Obviously Bale's return is vital, but Parker, Assou-Ekotto, Dawson, and Kaboul (a bit longer term) are also important pieces slated to return.

As it stands I think Spurs are in good position to finish fourth, but there are still a lot of matches to be played.

LedleyKing said:
TCIB said:

Yeah I do think you can notice that AVB has settled in a bit and it seems the players have responded positively to the transition as well. I don't know that his overall plan or structure, as you say, are clear and well underway, but I think that takes a bit more time. We've been able to advance to the knockout stages of the EL and are also fourth, so we are right where we want to be in terms of the race for the Champions League places

Whether or not Spurs remain in contention for a top 4 finish will largely depend upon the outcome of your question. If AVB can further advance and manifest his plan, through continued positive results and a few pieces in January, I think we will be successful in our goals. It will also help as we get a bit more healthy. Obviously Bale's return is vital, but Parker, Assou-Ekotto, Dawson, and Kaboul (a bit longer term) are also important pieces slated to return.

As it stands I think Spurs are in good position to finish fourth, but there are still a lot of matches to be played.

Cheers for that bud.

From what i get exposed to AVB seems a good coach and seemingly now he has been given a chance in England is doing well.

How is it looking for ins and outs for you chaps this jan ?

Is that wage thief Bentley still with you ?

@King: the reason you have got that confidence and belief in your team is because of those helpful decisions from the refs. The minute they stop, you will be down in your rightful place, somewhere around the mid table.

THFC6061 said:
...and we've been without half our first choice defence (Younes Kaboul & Benoit Assou-Ekotto) and our player of the year from last season Scott Parker for almost the entire season so far.

Kaboul and Ekotto are not that good and in Kaboul’s case in particular, not much better than the players who have replaced them. As for Parker, would you honestly choose him above Sandro and Dembele? Parker would not get in West Ham or West Brom’s starting XI.

I have to say, having watched Dembele, I am still trying to work out what he actually does apart from dribble forward 15 yards, then pass it backwards 10 yards. It drove me mad watching him at the weekend. I wanted him to drive forward or make something happen with the ball but he didn’t. I can’t work out if he lacks the courage to pass forward and try something (a bit like Nasri in that respect), or if he simply doesn’t have the ability.

Most Spurs fans will tell you that we've only very rarely played to our full potential this season, yet here we are level on points with Chelsea in third place.

Do you think when you reach your potential, you will win the league and/or finish above us?

I forgot to ask you…. in the early part of last season you produced a few tables informing us that Spurs didn’t get beat when Ledley King played. Have you got an updated version of that table following all last season’s last results?

bleed.blue said:
@King: the reason you have got that confidence and belief in your team is because of those helpful decisions from the refs. The minute they stop, you will be down in your rightful place, somewhere around the mid table.
Your last post had a bit more thought, at least

gTVnk.gif

TCIB said:
LedleyKing said:
TCIB said:

Cheers for that bud.

From what i get exposed to AVB seems a good coach and seemingly now he has been given a chance in England is doing well.

How is it looking for ins and outs for you chaps this jan ?

Is that wage thief Bentley still with you ?
Oh you mean the next Beckham? Yeah he's still on our books. Any idea where he's on loan at the moment? It's a good one. Bentley, Jenas, Gomes even...we may be paying their wages forever. Getting rid of them has proven impossible. If we could get rid of them in January I'm sure we would. I wouldn't be surprised if either Huddlestone or Livermore were off as well, on loan at the very least.

Overall, I don't expect much action from Spurs in January. It's pretty clear AVB wants Moutinho, but getting a player of that quality doesn't really happen in January. Levy is also unlikely to sanction the fee required to bring in a player like that. Maybe somebody like Eriksen? Not that I'm sure we need him, But he'd be one for the future. A cheeky bid for Llorente possibly, but he will have other suitors who would be preferable to him I'd imagine.

Luckily now that Harry's gone we won't be bringing in Ryan Nelsen or Luis Saha, so at least that's a small step in the right direction...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.