The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok riddle me this batman,how do you explain the fact you've spent £100m(FORGET ABOUT THE PLAYERS YOU SOLD!) Have had 117 shots but have only scored 9 goals?
Could you do me a graph or pie chart to pointout the difference in points/price/goals scored ratio for negrado and soldado??
And thats for the graphman tottenham fan who's name i can't remember...

Not sure why these threads turn into a 10 page argument every week but it gets a bit tedious for genuine posters in the thread.

First half I thought we played very well, but as usual not testing the opposition goalie enough. Soldado must be pulling his hair out half the time at the service.

Second half Everton had the half but didn't really test Lloris much either. I don't think Hugo should have stayed on the pitch either he was very dazed.

I'm not sure why AVB starts Lennon, I would have prefered Siggy in there who divides opinion. Holtby seems to be flavour of the month over Eriksen. He shows a lot of desire and commitment but isn't producing them nice through balls like he does in Europa.

Sandro was brilliant, Vertonghen done well as well. All in all a draw at their place is a good result.

At the moment we're above City and United and level with Pool and Chelsea, so in someways that makes me happy, but there is still a lot of work to be done. At least we're sitting pretty despite being toothless

For the money spurs spent they should be top of the league a la arsenal..
Well,that has been rammed down our throats for the last few years,spurs fans saying they're happy in fourth is complete bollocks...

Steviesleftpeg said:
I know the performance wasn't great but any point at Everton is a good point. We'll probably get done over there.

They normally play with more attacking threat but maybe we kept them at bay. That'll maybe a good thing for city if they open up. I think moyes made more of an effort against City because of he lescott drama.

Crouchinho said:
Not sure why these threads turn into a 10 page argument every week but it gets a bit tedious for genuine posters in the thread.

First half I thought we played very well, but as usual not testing the opposition goalie enough. Soldado must be pulling his hair out half the time at the service.

Second half Everton had the half but didn't really test Lloris much either. I don't think Hugo should have stayed on the pitch either he was very dazed.

I'm not sure why AVB starts Lennon, I would have prefered Siggy in there who divides opinion. Holtby seems to be flavour of the month over Eriksen. He shows a lot of desire and commitment but isn't producing them nice through balls like he does in Europa.

Sandro was brilliant, Vertonghen done well as well. All in all a draw at their place is a good result.

At the moment we're above City and United and level with Pool and Chelsea, so in someways that makes me happy, but there is still a lot of work to be done. At least we're sitting pretty despite being toothless

Agreed about having to sift through the nonsense. Less said, the better about that. I get wanting to start Lennon to provide some width, BUT it has been proven time and again that he just doesn't produce from the left. And I know Townsend has had a good month, but honestly I don't think he picks himself the way AVB seems to think. If there is a value in Lennon on the right (which I actually think there is), then I would like to see either Sigurdsson on the left cutting in where he has produced goals this year. Or stick Townsend out there and tell him to whip in some crosses w/ his left foot. I think that despite his potential, right now Townsend isn't doing much for us on the right when the game gets congested. I think the reason he has so many shots is b/c he doesn't have the nous to get those around him involved.

Somebody needs to create a thread for people to have there arguments on and have the people who want to be involved stay on there, every single thread on this site turns into an irrelevant and pointless argument between 2/3 people, have to search through 6 pages of shit just to find out how spurs played

Crouchinho said:

But with the managerial changes, the Hart crisis, and injuries to City's central defenders, you might look back on the 1st quarter of the season as a period squandered. City and Utd should improve, that means Spurs will have to do so too.

The mystery for me is why Eriksen is not playing. He's the creative player but AVB seems reluctant to play him

Spurs were better side first half but a lot of it was huff and puff but no end result.

The kid soldado was very isolated and is to static for the way spurs were playing.

They are very solid though and are a twat to score against.

2nd half Everton were much the better side. Baines was outstanding as were pienaar and jagielka.

First time I've ever watched lukaku in a full game. Reminds me of Dzeko. Scores goals but his general play today was utter shit. Touch of a buffalo and very 'slow' thought wise.

A draw was a fair result IMO.

Both good, top 6 sides.

Spurs get ready for their latest training session under AVB

[bigimg]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2060/2703709212_b7b1bd07e1_z.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://www.michaelbales.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/banjo.jpg[/bigimg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.