The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham are without a doubt one of the most boring teams, they play with such a poor Tempo, and have no flair whatsoever, They are missing Gareth Bale who carried them last season, and despite the fact they got 85 Million, they haven't bought top top quality.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Tottenham are without a doubt one of the most boring teams, they play with such a poor Tempo, and have no flair whatsoever, They are missing Gareth Bale who carried them last season, and despite the fact they got 85 Million, they haven't bought top top quality.

I wouldn't equate our lack of attacking flair with the quality of the attacking players we bought this summer. To me it is pretty clear that it is AVB's system that both has made us extremely solid defensively, and pretty poor in an attacking sense.

But it can work because if we learn to score 2 goals a game (which should be doable with the players we have), then we will win most games because our defense is very strong. And we'll be stronger defensively when Kaboul, Rose, and Capoue return to the team on a regular basis.

GHoddle said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:

I wouldn't equate our lack of attacking flair with the quality of the attacking players we bought this summer. To me it is pretty clear that it is AVB's system that both has made us extremely solid defensively, and pretty poor in an attacking sense.

But it can work because if we learn to score 2 goals a game (which should be doable with the players we have), then we will win most games because our defense is very strong. And we'll be stronger defensively when Kaboul, Rose, and Capoue return to the team on a regular basis.

Although it could be argued that sometimes (not always) that successful teams are built from the back, but by the looks of it Spuds really need to find someone who knows where the back of the net is

I take it Spurs are trying to do an Arsenal.

By winning 1-0 as often as possible, and in the process winning the title.

Not going to happen in this league.

jrb said:

Thought it was Chelsea who were notorious for the recent 1-0's to the title??

BlueTG said:
jrb said:

Thought it was Chelsea who were notorious for the recent 1-0's to the title??
Arsenal under George ''brown envelope'' Graham wrote the book on boring the way to 1-0 wins.

See the problem with this theory on a strong defense is who have you played that has really given you defense a stern test, chelski and arsenal both of which scored upon and got results apart from that no one has given you admittedly good defence a real stern test

Credit where it's due to spurs defence. But how they are sitting so how up in the table is a joke, played very poorly in most of there games this season just scraping 1-0 wins by penalties or holding on for a goalless draw like today. Soldado and Paulinho will be this years premiership flops.

Markt85 said:
Credit where it's due to spurs defence. But how they are sitting so how up in the table is a joke, played very poorly in most of there games this season just scraping 1-0 wins by penalties or holding on for a goalless draw like today. Soldado and Paulinho will be this years premiership flops.

playing all these bruisers is rather un-Spud like I must say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.