The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crouchinho said:
fac63 said:
jimharri said:
You are one thick twat. You even give 6061 a run for his money.

I thought that guy was faking. Is he really real?

Anyway, if both Manchester teams win today, we will sit 8th in the table. Shit really. Your Goal Difference is almost twice the total number of goals that we've scored.

The league is still very tight, we are only 3 points off Liverpool.

While I'm angry we haven't got 1 or 3 points, our second half performance was very good

It's time to get Adebayor back in and start playing Lamela

I agree 1000% with your last sentence. Lamela's only fault to me is that maybe he wouldn't keep up in a wide-open fast paced affair. But we have GOT to get some creativity and guile in there. And I'm not saying Soldado's attitude is shit, but his work rate mirrors Ade's when he's in a sulk.

fac63 said:
Crouchinho said:
fac63 said:
I thought that guy was faking. Is he really real?

Anyway, if both Manchester teams win today, we will sit 8th in the table. Shit really. Your Goal Difference is almost twice the total number of goals that we've scored.

While I'm angry we haven't got 1 or 3 points, our second half performance was very good

I agree 1000% with your last sentence. Lamela's only fault to me is that maybe he wouldn't keep up in a wide-open fast paced affair. But we have GOT to get some creativity and guile in there. And I'm not saying Soldado's attitude is shit, but his work rate mirrors Ade's when he's in a sulk.

Soldado's movement wasn't bad for me, he got no service from the wings whatsoever. Townsend had 2-3 men closing him down time and time again, showing him the outside, when he went he still didn't cross the ball. When he did cut inside he either shot at the defenders or a slow ball out to Paulinho who was easily closed down by then. Soldado almost scored today but Krul was excellent.

Time to either drop Townsend or replace him with the anonymous Siggy. Get Lamela on the other flank. After we just got Lamela full of confidence he brings on Defoe who does nothing to warrant a start in the league.

Still a lot of work to do as I've said time and time again but I'm shocked we're only 3 points off second

Crouchinho said:
fac63 said:
Crouchinho said:

Soldado's movement wasn't bad for me, he got no service from the wings whatsoever. Townsend had 2-3 men closing him down time and time again, showing him the outside, when he went he still didn't cross the ball. When he did cut inside he either shot at the defenders or a slow ball out to Paulinho who was easily closed down by then. Soldado almost scored today but Krul was excellent.

Time to either drop Townsend or replace him with the anonymous Siggy. Get Lamela on the other flank. After we just got Lamela full of confidence he brings on Defoe who does nothing to warrant a start in the league.

Still a lot of work to do as I've said time and time again but I'm shocked we're only 3 points off second

Did we even have a cross from the left today? And, yes, I've been saying to drop Townsend for awhile now. I just don't think he does much for the side. At best, I think that he could feature as an impact substitution when the game gets stretched, but now he's just running up blind alleys.

Edit: as you say, though, the table is congested and a good run of results is all it will take to make a move. Seems noone (but the arse) has been able to string a long winning streak together just yet. You have to feel that it's coming with City and Chelsea, but then again, it hasn't. I guess it's still early days. Less worried about the table than our form right now.

fac63 said:
Crouchinho said:
fac63 said:

Did we even have a cross from the left today? And, yes, I've been saying to drop Townsend for awhile now. I just don't think he does much for the side. At best, I think that he could feature as an impact substitution when the game gets stretched, but now he's just running up blind alleys.

Edit: as you say, though, the table is congested and a good run of results is all it will take to make a move. Seems noone (but the arse) has been able to string a long winning streak together just yet. You have to feel that it's coming with City and Chelsea, but then again, it hasn't. I guess it's still early days. Less worried about the table than our form right now.

I think Vertonghen was the only one crossing from the left flank second half. That's why I'd get Townsend there or bring in Ade for some sort of 3-5-2 formation. Sandro could effectively be a sweeper and Llrois can still protect the defence if we get hit on the counter. We'd have a different dimension to the team then, Adebayor on his day is very good and would work well with Soldado I think.

Soldado gets it in the neck around the media and neutrals but there is huge issues with our play and he isn't the problem. There have actually been some great reports by the BBC on our play

Wouldn't worry about the Sunderland game, you've got an easy 3 points coming up next ;)

Wouldn't even bother playing defenders, we wouldn't be able to score if your players sat down for 90 minutes.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:08 pm --<br /><br />
Crouchinho said:
fac63 said:
Crouchinho said:

I think Vertonghen was the only one crossing from the left flank second half. That's why I'd get Townsend there or bring in Ade for some sort of 3-5-2 formation. Sandro could effectively be a sweeper and Llrois can still protect the defence if we get hit on the counter. We'd have a different dimension to the team then, Adebayor on his day is very good and would work well with Soldado I think.

Soldado gets it in the neck around the media and neutrals but there is huge issues with our play and he isn't the problem. There have actually been some great reports by the BBC on our play

It's not that Soldado is a bad player (his team at Valencia proves that he isn't), it's that Soldado was a bad purchase. He will never suit our style of play. It really was the worst mistake we made in the summer.

Crouchinho said:
fac63 said:
Crouchinho said:

I like the 3-5-2 idea a bit and was screaming for it actually when Chiriches went off at the half. At least as a game changer. Despite how highly I rate him, Vertongen is NOT the solution at LB. A game or 2 here and there he can do, but I think it neuters us and him. Could use BAE at the moment. I could see JV, MD/Walker/Kaboul in a back 3 when needed.

taconinja said:
Skashion said:
taconinja said:
Glory-Glory has collapsed. Odd.
I think Bluemoon has witnessed a meltdown or two...
Indeed we have... Indeed we have. Sets why it's fun to watch others do it! ;)
How prescient this post turned out to be. About twenty posters want Pellegrini sacked! This place sometimes.

Skashion said:
taconinja said:
Skashion said:
I think Bluemoon has witnessed a meltdown or two...
Indeed we have... Indeed we have. Sets why it's fun to watch others do it! ;)
How prescient this post turned out to be. About twenty posters want Pellegrini sacked! This place sometimes.

That happened quite a lot last season too! Whenever Spurs seemed to lose on a Sunday City would lose their fixture later on in the day. Cue some knee-jerk reactions from all forums!!

Southampton and Liverpool must be having a fun time tonight, and maybe Arsenal if they win. Not checked the score yet

AVB's fault today for getting the team wrong. Sandro and Lamela should have started. Very annoying that he made the mistake of going with the Paulinho-Dembele midfield which made us way too porous against West Ham and it was the same in the first half. Massively improved 2nd half but again made a stupid decision by bringing Defoe on who was of course a passenger and just found himself offside a few times, when Lamela could have actually won us the game.

At least we created chances today though, how none of them found the net I don't know.

I have been reliably informed that Tim Krul made more saves today than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League for the last six seasons.

Why is it keepers always play out of their skins against Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.