The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilboblue said:
gooner2 said:
MJepsenJensen said:
Who ever loses on the 24th is out of the title race.

Huge game.

Spurs are not title contenders. they are in the race for the top four but they got to buy a striker in jan as the two they have are not good enough. city have to win next few games to stay in the race. can,t afford any more drop points before they play us in december.

Rubbish.

You can say rubbish but you can.t deny your away record has to improve if your going to have any chance to stay in title race. we only going to get stronger with players to return and more money to spend in jan.

you have underachived big time this season and should be nowhere near behind teams like united or everton.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:34 pm --<br /><br />
Crouchinho said:
THFC6061 said:
I have been reliably informed that Tim Krul made more saves today than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League for the last six seasons.

Why is it keepers always play out of their skins against Spurs?

I think they were full of confidence too with their Chelsea result. They played well in the first half. They were threading through balls for fun but luckily for us most were offside

I can't put my finger on why Newcastle are always low down. They have some excellent players. Joe Kinnear gets a lot of stick but Remy was a great loan job

Redknapp always wanted Remy at Spurs, he bigged him up all the time. Levy didn't fancy it I don't think, but Redknapp took him to QPR. Bit of a poor decision not to take a gamble

spurs were very unlucky to lose today and newcastle keeper had a amazing game . you played worser and won. still though today show issue been haunting spurs all season. lack of width and no world class player. they miss bale so much its untrue.

MJepsenJensen said:
Our world class player was sat on the sidelines despite being fit, Lloris would have saved Remys goal 100%.

But even so you should have won with all your chances and nowhere near lost. the promblem you have is you have to many midfielders and not enough playmakers and strikers of high quality. Nine goals in 11 games is not good enough for a club that spend 110 million and your board have to be blamed for that.

I think Hugo would have saved it too, but that's the sort of keeper he is as he's quick off the line. Brad had a very good game though so I have no blame on him.

The only fortunate thing to happen this week is Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Everton all dropped points too.

Crouchinho said:
I think Hugo would have saved it too, but that's the sort of keeper he is as he's quick off the line. Brad had a very good game though so I have no blame on him.

The only fortunate thing to happen this week is Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Everton all dropped points too.

Big missed chance for you today though. You now got city and united and liverpool in three of your next five games. So not going to get any easier for you.

You manager needs to stop changing the team so often and get some width into the team. townsend to much needed to do everything outwide and your strikers don,t do enough for you. your far to narrow and don,t have a bale to come up with something speical.

big few weeks after international break for spurs. their going to have to show if they can respond or now. in big games so far they not been great.

gooner2 said:
MJepsenJensen said:
Our world class player was sat on the sidelines despite being fit, Lloris would have saved Remys goal 100%.

But even so you should have won with all your chances and nowhere near lost. the promblem you have is you have to many midfielders and not enough playmakers and strikers of high quality. Nine goals in 11 games is not good enough for a club that spend 110 million and your board have to be blamed for that.

The board are the least culpable this season. The manager/head coach asked for a Director of Football - he got one. The board invested in players that AVB wanted (or at least approved). The problem this season is that we are trying to play a style of football that I simply don't think we have the right personnel for. I still have faith in AVB, very much so, but he has to recognise soon that something is not right/not working. We might be dominating games in respect of possession, but we are not creating loads and failing to score - we are failing to create. The stat about Krul today is, in my opinion, misleading. He made one, maybe two, impressive saves. The rest were routine. We had maybe 3/4 occasions where we really looked like scoring, and that is just not good enough. I'd expect more than that home against anyone, never mind a team with a very poor away record.

AVB has got a lot right this season, but he's got (and is still getting) a few things wrong. I've been the first to criticise the board in the past, and rightly so, but this season we cannot lay any blame with them I don't think.

FrostyNRG said:
gooner2 said:
MJepsenJensen said:

The board are the least culpable this season. The manager/head coach asked for a Director of Football - he got one. The board invested in players that AVB wanted (or at least approved). The problem this season is that we are trying to play a style of football that I simply don't think we have the right personnel for. I still have faith in AVB, very much so, but he has to recognise soon that something is not right/not working. We might be dominating games in respect of possession, but we are not creating loads and failing to score - we are failing to create. The stat about Krul today is, in my opinion, misleading. He made one, maybe two, impressive saves. The rest were routine. We had maybe 3/4 occasions where we really looked like scoring, and that is just not good enough. I'd expect more than that home against anyone, never mind a team with a very poor away record.

AVB has got a lot right this season, but he's got (and is still getting) a few things wrong. I've been the first to criticise the board in the past, and rightly so, but this season we cannot lay any blame with them I don't think.

I think you all make good points. Your manager plays to many central midfielders. you need another winger and striker on the pitch. your remind me of liverpool early part of last season who were too narrow with suarez on his own front and struggled to score.

Why not lose lennon more or play both defoe and new striker up front. You don,t have the personal for me to play such a narrow and predictable game in my view.

gooner2 said:
I think you all make good points. Your manager plays to many central midfielders. you need another winger and striker on the pitch. your remind me of liverpool early part of last season who were too narrow with suarez on his own front and struggled to score.

Why not lose lennon more or play both defoe and new striker up front. You don,t have the personal for me to play such a narrow and predictable game in my view.

I don't personally think we play too many central midfielders. It is our set up in the middle that helps us maintain possession so well. I see the problem as the inverted wingers AVB insists on playing. We have Soldado as a lone striker who, I think, largely relies on crosses and balls played in front of him. We play Townsend on the right who is performing very well at beating his man, but then constantly has to cut inside and invariably ends up shooting. And he has only scored once this season, and that was actually a cross. We had the same problem on the other side when Lennon came back into the side. Lennon always needing to cut inside to use his right, or just putting in an awful cross.

If we are going to play narrow then that's fine, but then we need to adjust the way our attacking trident plays. Alternatively, be revolutionary and play a left footed winger on the left and a right footed winger on the right and start getting balls into the box for the top class striker we finally signed about 4 years too late.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:38 pm --<br /><br />
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Perhaps even more annoying for MJepsenJensen is that Remy could have been a spurs player :)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...hen-i-was-at-spurs-now-im-at-qpr-8448786.html

To be fair, pretty much every professional footballer (and probably several amateurs) to ever lace a pair of boots could have been a Spurs player if Harry had got his way every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.