The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
Yet they're still a point ahead of City and 10 points ahead of West Ham. It's probably time we all stopped mocking Spurs and realised that we've our own issues to deal with.

We don't have the luxury of spending 100 + mill on new players. Which makes Spurs crap football and flop signings even funnier, least they have had some dodgy penalty's to get that gap in the prem. Also spurs fans are the ones booing and moaning at every opportunity so is it only them that's allowed to slag there team off ? because AVB is getting upset with that aswell.

They have City, Liverpool and Man U coming up - lets see if there ahead of City after that

Markt85 said:
Matty said:
Yet they're still a point ahead of City and 10 points ahead of West Ham. It's probably time we all stopped mocking Spurs and realised that we've our own issues to deal with.

We don't have the luxury of spending 100 + mill on new players.

Come on Mark, you know the rules.

Spurs have never, ever spent money on players.

The reason you don't have the luxury of spendin £100 million is because your club is short-minded and signs OAP's rather than giving youngsters a chance, Spurs gave Bale the chance to carry on playing and we were loyal to him, We could have easily tried to ship him off.

MJepsenJensen said:
The reason you don't have the luxury of spendin £100 million is because your club is short-minded and signs OAP's rather than giving youngsters a chance, Spurs gave Bale the chance to carry on playing and we were loyal to him, We could have easily tried to ship him off.

WTF is "short-minded"?

And whilst you can point at Bale and say, "we gave him a chance", well you had to, having paid £5m to Southampton, who's academy Bale is a product of.

I can see the la la la fingers in ears not listening to you heading towards this thread...
You all know tottingham fans always take the moral high ground and bring into the conversation that they didn't really spend £100m on players and that this season is about consolidation...
I'd say only 9 goals scored and not being in the top 2 tells it's own story...

manimanc said:
I can see the la la la fingers in ears not listening to you heading towards this thread...
You all know tottingham fans always take the moral high ground and bring into the conversation that they didn't really spend £100m on players and that this season is about consolidation...

When you run a business, You look at in-comings and outgoings.
If you judge a business on just what they have spent then Apple is a shit business.

MJepsenJensen said:

You have a billionaire owner thats the reason you can afford to keep hold of players until there desperate to jump ship

As for youngsters not given a chance - Noble, Collinson, Ravel Morrison ? - Pelly Ruddock, Chambers, Danny Potts all featured in the cup and coming through

Our team that beat you 3-0 cost less than half of what you paid for Soldado

MJepsenJensen said:
manimanc said:

When you run a business, You look at in-comings and outgoings.
If you judge a business on just what they have spent then Apple is a shit business.

Yeah, but Apple have market-leading products.

Just sayin'...

Markt85 said:
You have a billionaire owner thats the reason you can afford to keep hold of players until there desperate to jump ship

Assuming you are referring to Joe Lewis - who doesn't actually directly own the club - his wealth has absolutely nothing to do with keeping our players. Or otherwise. He doesn't fund the club at all.

Our good players stay with us because there aren't that many clubs they can go to which are much better. When we occasionally have an absolute super-star destined for greater things, we do of course lose them. Isn't that what's happened in football pretty much forever, apart from a few exceptions? The very best players usually end up at the very best clubs. The players a level down end up at clubs a level down, and so on.

Ignore the fact that you clearly hate Spurs (which is fair enough), I just don't understand quite what point you are trying to make here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.