The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJepsenJensen said:
The reason you don't have the luxury of spendin £100 million is because your club is short-minded and signs OAP's rather than giving youngsters a chance, Spurs gave Bale the chance to carry on playing and we were loyal to him, We could have easily tried to ship him off.

After raiding Southhampton's academy for Bale, they did give him a chance. Then they spent about 18 months trying to flog him to anyone who'd take him off their hands. They couldn't get rid so they stuck with him and then he started performing.
Typical revisionist history from Spurs fans. You tried and failed to sell him. You kept with him because you didn't have a choice.

Gareth bale was never going to be loaned or sold. Levy knew too well he was a good player with his former under jol. It wasn't until Ekotto got injured to redknapp played him again then tried to take all the credit.

As for west ham they were paying higher wages than Spurs a few years ago. Modric was on half he likes of dyer and ljungberg. It's been mismanaged for years. Kumb moderators stopped anti spurs threads a few years back as it become ridiculous. They are so obsessed and irrational and it's plain to see here. Still shocked they banned bobby Moore from the stadium. I'm sure they'd be happy getting relegated knowing they beat spurs

GornikDaze said:
I presume you are joking?

Not at all joking. Why do you think that?<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:11 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:
MJepsenJensen said:
The reason you don't have the luxury of spendin £100 million is because your club is short-minded and signs OAP's rather than giving youngsters a chance, Spurs gave Bale the chance to carry on playing and we were loyal to him, We could have easily tried to ship him off.

After raiding Southhampton's academy for Bale, they did give him a chance. Then they spent about 18 months trying to flog him to anyone who'd take him off their hands. They couldn't get rid so they stuck with him and then he started performing.
Typical revisionist history from Spurs fans. You tried and failed to sell him. You kept with him because you didn't have a choice.

As is usually the case in these type of arguments, the truth is somewhere in the middle. We did not spend 18 months trying to flog him at all. There was certainly a point where it was thought he might benefit from a loan somewhere else, and I believe there was a point when we considered trying to sell him. To the best of my knowledge, nothing was ever actioned though.

FrostyNRG said:
GornikDaze said:
I presume you are joking?

Not at all joking. Why do you think that?

-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:11 pm --

stony said:
MJepsenJensen said:

As is usually the case in these type of arguments, the truth is somewhere in the middle. We did not spend 18 months trying to flog him at all. There was certainly a point where it was thought he might benefit from a loan somewhere else, and I believe there was a point when we considered trying to sell him. To the best of my knowledge, nothing was ever actioned though.
Just seems funny to call your record signing The Cock but each to their own I guess. If it was Kyle Walker I could understand it but then I guess it would be something stronger like El C*nto

GornikDaze said:
Just seems funny to call your record signing The Cock but each to their own I guess. If it was Kyle Walker I could understand it but then I guess it would be something stronger like El C*nto

Not sure if you are serious or trying to be funny. But it's not what we decided to call him. It's a nickname he's had since he played in Argentina.

FrostyNRG said:
GornikDaze said:

Not sure if you are serious or trying to be funny. But it's not what we decided to call him. It's a nickname he's had since he played in Argentina.
Sorry I thought it was just THFC with the sense of humour by pass - I will try to be more serious in future

GornikDaze said:
Sorry I thought it was just THFC with the sense of humour by pass - I will try to be more serious in future

Nope, it's all of us I'm afraid. We have to have them removed when we apply for season tickets. For my part, I will try to interpret your attempts at humour much better, and try to remember that you're not very good at the jokes. ;-)

To be fair, in the first instance I thought you were genuinely asking if I was serious about Lamela not playing in our game.

FrostyNRG said:
GornikDaze said:

Nope, it's all of us I'm afraid. We have to have them removed when we apply for season tickets. For my part, I will try to interpret your attempts at humour much better, and try to remember that you're not very good at the jokes. ;-)

To be fair, in the first instance I thought you were genuinely asking if I was serious about Lamela not playing in our game.
I've never managed a ;-) out of your mate!!
So why won't Lamela be playing then?

GornikDaze said:
I've never managed a ;-) out of your mate!!
So why won't Lamela be playing then?

I think AVB is trying to ease in him to the Premier League pretty slowly. He's had a few appearances but not really got up to speed yet. I actually thought he would get a run out yesterday - he played midweek in the Europa and finally showed signs of what he can do (he was MOTM). If the manager isn't going to pick him for one of the (supposedly) easier home games, I really can't see him throwing him in for the trip to your gaff. I could be wrong of course, but I really don't see him playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.