The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
manimanc said:
FrostyNRG said:
manimanc said:
I think the way the league is shaping up anybody in the top 8 could get beat 7 or 8 times and still win the league....
I'm loving the way the season is going,teams beating teams they shouldn't be,even if spurs get beat by us and the woodworms they won't be out of it as everybody up there isn't showing any great form...
Lots of twists and turns this season...

Fabulous isn't it. I'm really enjoying this season. It helps that it's working out brilliantly for me from a business perspective too, but it's just that much more interesting than it has been for a long time.

Unless one or teams really get a grip of things, I can see there being multiple teams still in with a realistic shout of the title with only a few games to go. That would be great for the league.
Give me that scenario any day of the week...
Fuck one team having it sewn up by the middle of april,let's have 4 or 5 teams with a couple of points between them going into the last day needing a win....
Imagine the viewing figures and the publicity....wow!!!

Don't be telling that lot on the Clueless manager thread. they'll lynch you. For what it's worth i'm looking forward to a truly
competitive league. The winners this season will certainly deserve it. It's gonna be a long hard grind.

spurs have a lot more problems than us. our problem is mistakes which can be avoided. spurs need to find the right balance which avb doesnt know.

IH8MUFC said:
spurs have a lot more problems than us. our problem is mistakes which can be avoided. spurs need to find the right balance which avb doesnt know.

I'd say both clubs are under-performing this season.

But as City have the home advantage and they've been pretty solid this season at the Etihad, I'd expect them to win against Spurs.

THFC6061 said:
IH8MUFC said:

I'd say both clubs are under-performing this season.

But as City have the home advantage and they've been pretty solid this season at the Etihad, I'd expect them to win against Spurs.

Spurs have underperformed, City have underperformed AND underachieved.

If someone had said, after 12 league games, you'd have 20 points, I don't think you could have asked for too much more as a Spurs fan. As a City fan, 19 points from 12 games is nowhere near a good enough return, I for one thought we'd have 24 points at this stage.

Your concern must be that, eventually, if Spurs continue to underperform, that underachievement is the inevitable outcome.

Matty said:

If someone had said, after 12 league games, you'd have 20 points, I don't think you could have asked for too much more as a Spurs fan. As a City fan, 19 points from 12 games is nowhere near a good enough return, I for one thought we'd have 24 points at this stage.

Your concern must be that, eventually, if Spurs continue to underperform, that underachievement is the inevitable outcome.

I'd say we have underachieved given our fixtures so far. We haven't won any games that I wouldn't have "expected" us to win, while we have dropped 6 points at home against teams I'd have expected better results against. You could argue that a point against Chelsea is a bonus (not that I see it that way) as is a point at Goodison.

It's the nature of most of the wins that we have had that concerns me, along with our performance in our two home defeats. Still reasonably confident we'll improve, but we do look somewhat bereft of attacking ideas at the moment.

FrostyNRG said:
Matty said:

I'd say we have underachieved given our fixtures so far. We haven't won any games that I wouldn't have "expected" us to win, while we have dropped 6 points at home against teams I'd have expected better results against. You could argue that a point against Chelsea is a bonus (not that I see it that way) as is a point at Goodison.

It's the nature of most of the wins that we have had that concerns me, along with our performance in our two home defeats. Still reasonably confident we'll improve, but we do look somewhat bereft of attacking ideas at the moment.
Whilst I can understand your viewpoint you bought so many new players it was always going to take time to gel, to have started that process and still have 20 points I'd say you haven't really underachieved at all.

Matty said:
FrostyNRG said:
Matty said:

Whilst I can understand your viewpoint you bought so many new players it was always going to take time to gel, to have started that process and still have 20 points I'd say you haven't really underachieved at all.

before you scare everyone we've both only played 11.

I'd say Spurs would want 25/26 out of 11 games and we'd want similar or closer to 27/28 sort of ball park.

FrostyNRG said:
AwayDay said:
Spurs have 2 huge games coming up, city away then utd at home, if they lose both I think a top 4 finish will already be out of the question.

I don't think that would be true this early in any season, and definitely not in a season like this which is throwing up so many unexpected results. Even if we lose them both and everyone currently above us gets maximum points in their next two fixtures we'd only be 7 points off 4th. That's not insurmountable with 25 games to go.

More of an issue is whether we can start clicking as an attacking force. If we don't do that within the next few games then we may well have to start thinking about writing this season off.

That can't happen anyway because Liverpool play Everton and Chelsea and Arsenal play Southampton, so some of the teams above us are guaranteed to drop points.

Capoue,Sandro and Paulinho will dominate Citys midfield. If Pellegrini goes 4-4-2, It will complete domination.

Looking forward to the 24th.

MJepsenJensen said:
Capoue,Sandro and Paulinho will dominate Citys midfield. If Pellegrini goes 4-4-2, It will complete domination.

Looking forward to the 24th.
I didn't think it was possible but you are more annoying than
Graphboy GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.