The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs have 2 huge games coming up, city away then utd at home, if they lose both I think a top 4 finish will already be out of the question.

AwayDay said:
Spurs have 2 huge games coming up, city away then utd at home, if they lose both I think a top 4 finish will already be out of the question.

I don't think that would be true this early in any season, and definitely not in a season like this which is throwing up so many unexpected results. Even if we lose them both and everyone currently above us gets maximum points in their next two fixtures we'd only be 7 points off 4th. That's not insurmountable with 25 games to go.

More of an issue is whether we can start clicking as an attacking force. If we don't do that within the next few games then we may well have to start thinking about writing this season off.

Nice job by the Spurs medical staff - now both sides of the concussion scandal think the team physios are terrible, just for different reasons...

FrostyNRG said:
AwayDay said:

I don't think that would be true this early in any season, and definitely not in a season like this which is throwing up so many unexpected results. Even if we lose them both and everyone currently above us gets maximum points in their next two fixtures we'd only be 7 points off 4th. That's not insurmountable with 25 games to go.

More of an issue is whether we can start clicking as an attacking force. If we don't do that within the next few games then we may well have to start thinking about writing this season off.

Agree that mathematically it would be still possible, but confidence doesn't seem to be too high there especially with the fans, I think if spurs lose the next 2 things could turn ugly, and the pressure could be too much on the players. There are more rivals than ever this season for the top 4 places, cant really drop too far behind them....About the goals, they will come I am sure, you are creating chances, might need a tactical tweak though, like playing with just 1 defensive midfielder.

AwayDay said:
Agree that mathematically it would be still possible, but confidence doesn't seem to be too high there especially with the fans, I think if spurs lose the next 2 things could turn ugly, and the pressure could be too much on the players. There are more rivals than ever this season for the top 4 places, cant really drop too far behind them....About the goals, they will come I am sure, you are creating chances, might need a tactical tweak though, like playing with just 1 defensive midfielder.

Definitely feels like there's not much confidence around the place. Which is surprising in some respects and not so much in others. Not the best of times to have two tough games as 0 points from them will certainly see some dropped heads. I don't expect much at City but fancy our chances against United. Whatever happens I still don't think our season will be over, but we'll certainly need to step it from that point if we lose them both.

Kun Aguero said:
How AVB can rate Sigurdsson and Lennon above Lamela is beyond me. Would love to see him at City.

I don't necessarily think he does really. I think he's just being cautious (perhaps overly) and easing him into English football gently. I'm sure he'll be a regular long before the season is out.

I think the way the league is shaping up anybody in the top 8 could get beat 7 or 8 times and still win the league....
I'm loving the way the season is going,teams beating teams they shouldn't be,even if spurs get beat by us and the woodworms they won't be out of it as everybody up there isn't showing any great form...
Lots of twists and turns this season...

manimanc said:
I think the way the league is shaping up anybody in the top 8 could get beat 7 or 8 times and still win the league....
I'm loving the way the season is going,teams beating teams they shouldn't be,even if spurs get beat by us and the woodworms they won't be out of it as everybody up there isn't showing any great form...

Fabulous isn't it. I'm really enjoying this season. It helps that it's working out brilliantly for me from a business perspective too, but it's just that much more interesting than it has been for a long time.

Unless one or teams really get a grip of things, I can see there being multiple teams still in with a realistic shout of the title with only a few games to go. That would be great for the league.

FrostyNRG said:
manimanc said:

Fabulous isn't it. I'm really enjoying this season. It helps that it's working out brilliantly for me from a business perspective too, but it's just that much more interesting than it has been for a long time.

Unless one or teams really get a grip of things, I can see there being multiple teams still in with a realistic shout of the title with only a few games to go. That would be great for the league.
Give me that scenario any day of the week...
Fuck one team having it sewn up by the middle of april,let's have 4 or 5 teams with a couple of points between them going into the last day needing a win....
Imagine the viewing figures and the publicity....wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.