The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs' problem is not the manager or the players. It is both. I quite like the way AVB comes across but he's a fraud as a manager.

The new signings, on the whole, are average-poor. Paulihno has looked awful. I remember Tim Vickery claiming that Paulinho is much better than Fernandinho!

Midtable for Spurs this season.

Manc in London said:
Spurs' problem is not the manager or the players. It is both. I quite like the way AVB comes across but he's a fraud as a manager.

The new signings, on the whole, are average-poor. Paulihno has looked awful. I remember Tim Vickery claiming that Paulinho is much better than Fernandinho!

How many of your spurs supporting family/mates have been dodging you since Sunday ?

Manc in London said:

As usual, you are spouting utter nonsense on the subject of Spurs. AVB certainly has a lot still to prove but to call him a fraud is ridiculous. As is calling our signings average to poor. As is calling Paulinho awful.

Most of our signings have not lived up to their expectations by any means, and even taking into account the "need time to settle" argument I am disappointed and think we should have seen more from them. It is just silly to put forward your clearly irrational opinion as any kind of fact.

If you are that confident that Spurs will finish mid table I will give you 3/1 on any five figure bet and cover the necessary escrow fees. We'll need to define what mid-table means exactly of course.

stony said:
Manc in London said:

How many of your spurs supporting family/mates have been dodging you since Sunday ?

All of them, bar the missus who has little choice :) However, I have taken it easy with her, for obvious reasons.

The few Spurs fans I have spoken to have only mentioned how poor they were for 60 mins but where the better team for most of the first half. No credit given to City. No surprise really. Spurs fans have never been the most gracious of fans.

Must admit, I have spent a lot of time on Glory Glory and the Fighting Cocks forums. I am genuinely enjoying the despair they are expressing. It makes me feel warm inside.

Manc in London said:
s of fans.

Must admit, I have spent a lot of time on Glory Glory and the Fighting Cocks forums. I am genuinely enjoying the despair they are expressing. It makes me feel warm inside.

Haha, I've been doing that myself. I was hoping to spot Steffi, but just like the Spurs forwards, he appears to have gone missing.

stony said:
Manc in London said:
s of fans.

Haha, I've been doing that myself. I was hoping to spot Steffi, but just like the Spurs forwards, he appears to have gone missing.

'Steffi' hahaha

I felt a bad for my missus. I have never seen her so deflated after a loss. She was never giddy after the startthey had this season but I think the boring football Spurs are dishing up and the unconvincing displays have got to her.

When I read Spurs forums at the moment I cannot help but remember Spurs fans mocking us for not winning trophies when Hughes and Mancini (first year) were managing us, and they would (some of them still do) claim we are boring to watch. They claimed they would win the league if they spent £100m and play great football. Not as easy as some of them thought.

FrostyNRG said:
Manc in London said:

As usual, you are spouting utter nonsense on the subject of Spurs. AVB certainly has a lot still to prove but to call him a fraud is ridiculous. As is calling our signings average to poor. As is calling Paulinho awful.

Most of our signings have not lived up to their expectations by any means, and even taking into account the "need time to settle" argument I am disappointed and think we should have seen more from them. It is just silly to put forward your clearly irrational opinion as any kind of fact.

If you are that confident that Spurs will finish mid table I will give you 3/1 on any five figure bet and cover the necessary escrow fees. We'll need to define what mid-table means exactly of course.

You state I talk utter nonsense and say I don't use facts. Where are your 'facts'? If you are going to rubbish my opinion, then at least back up your claim with something that resembles a reasoned argument.

I am basing my opinion on what I see. Spurs are predictable, pedestrian, toothless and disjointed. You don't have the players to play AVBs way. He only appears to have a plan A. That's not just my opinion but those of Chelsea and Spurs supporters I know, as well as what is spewed out on Chelsea and Spurs forums.

Paulinho is average. He did well in the Confed Cup against European based players who had played solidly for 9 months, while he was 2 months or so into a season. What are his attributes, and where has he displayed these in a quality league, week in, week out?

I'll make a bet with you face to face. I go to the occasional Spurs game and I live in Southgate (near the tube). PM me on here and we'll meet up and shake on it. I look forward to telling you what I think of Spurs and fans of the club. Deal?

FrostyNRG said:
Manc in London said:

Only a spurs fan could put the words escrow fees in a thread about football. Nothing more needs to be said about that silly club. Spunked 100m on dross. Shove your escrow fees up your arse!!

Manc in London said:
You state I talk utter nonsense and say I don't use facts. Where are your 'facts'? If you are going to rubbish my opinion, then at least back up your claim with something that resembles a reasoned argument.

I am basing my opinion on what I see. Spurs are predictable, pedestrian, toothless and disjointed. You don't have the players to play AVBs way. He only appears to have a plan A. That's not just my opinion but those of Chelsea and Spurs supporters I know, as well as what is spewed out on Chelsea and Spurs forums.

Paulinho is average. He did well in the Confed Cup against European based players who had played solidly for 9 months, while he was 2 months or so into a season. What are his attributes, and where has he displayed these in a quality league, week in, week out?

I'll make a bet with you face to face. I go to the occasional Spurs game and I live in Southgate (near the tube). PM me on here and we'll meet up and shake on it. I look forward to telling you what I think of Spurs and fans of the club. Deal?

I made no claim that needed backing up with facts. You just made silly comments that were based on nothing other than your dislike of Spurs and fans. Binary statements such as "AVB is a fraud" and "Spurs will finish midtable" just make my head itch because they are completely baseless. To be fair the stating of opinion as fact is something that loads of fans do on virtually every single football forum on the web. It's why this forum has actually appealed to me a bit because it happens less than on most.

Your comments in your last post are far more tangible, and for what it's worth I agree with some of them. We are certainly predictable and pedestrian a lot of the time. I don't agree that we don't have the players to play AVB's way, but I would absolutely say that things are not working out at this moment. I just also think it's far too early to judge how our season will work out. We still have a reasonable amount of points on the board and it's hardly ridiculous to think we will improve as the season goes on. The apparent lack of a Plan B is a concern though.

Again, though, what is calling Paulinho average all about? 50% of all professional footballers are better than him? He is an established Brazilian international playing regularly in arguably the best league in the world. Absolutely nothing about that is "average". Is he world class? No. Is he worth his price tag? Remains to be seen. He actually played better earlier on the season I thought and showed several strong qualities. He's gone off the boil more recently but there is a very decent player in there in my opinion.

And I'm all for meeting up. In fact, if you are prepared to back up your bold prediction that we will finish mid-table with a decent sized bet then I will invite you and your Spurs supporting wife (or girlfriend, I don't remember sorry) into my box for the City game. Then you can tell me all about how you hate Spurs and Spurs fans while we hopefully get some sort of revenge for Sunday!

FrostyNRG said:
Manc in London said:

I made no claim that needed backing up with facts. You just made silly comments that were based on nothing other than your dislike of Spurs and fans. Binary statements such as "AVB is a fraud" and "Spurs will finish midtable" just make my head itch because they are completely baseless. To be fair the stating of opinion as fact is something that loads of fans do on virtually every single football forum on the web. It's why this forum has actually appealed to me a bit because it happens less than on most.

Your comments in your last post are far more tangible, and for what it's worth I agree with some of them. We are certainly predictable and pedestrian a lot of the time. I don't agree that we don't have the players to play AVB's way, but I would absolutely say that things are not working out at this moment. I just also think it's far too early to judge how our season will work out. We still have a reasonable amount of points on the board and it's hardly ridiculous to think we will improve as the season goes on. The apparent lack of a Plan B is a concern though.

Again, though, what is calling Paulinho average all about? 50% of all professional footballers are better than him? He is an established Brazilian international playing regularly in arguably the best league in the world. Absolutely nothing about that is "average". Is he world class? No. Is he worth his price tag? Remains to be seen. He actually played better earlier on the season I thought and showed several strong qualities. He's gone off the boil more recently but there is a very decent player in there in my opinion.

And I'm all for meeting up. In fact, if you are prepared to back up your bold prediction that we will finish mid-table with a decent sized bet then I will invite you and your Spurs supporting wife (or girlfriend, I don't remember sorry) into my box for the City game. Then you can tell me all about how you hate Spurs and Spurs fans while we hopefully get some sort of revenge for Sunday!

Into my box!!! This fucker gets more funny by the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.