The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
worsleyweb said:
Only a spurs fan could put the words escrow fees in a thread about football. Nothing more needs to be said about that silly club. Spunked 100m on dross. Shove your escrow fees up your arse!!

Haha, I really don't know what to make of that. How those words equate to being a Spurs fan in any way is a mystery to me. Thanks for conversing so eloquently with me though.

FrostyNRG said:
Manc in London said:
You state I talk utter nonsense and say I don't use facts. Where are your 'facts'? If you are going to rubbish my opinion, then at least back up your claim with something that resembles a reasoned argument.

I am basing my opinion on what I see. Spurs are predictable, pedestrian, toothless and disjointed. You don't have the players to play AVBs way. He only appears to have a plan A. That's not just my opinion but those of Chelsea and Spurs supporters I know, as well as what is spewed out on Chelsea and Spurs forums.

Paulinho is average. He did well in the Confed Cup against European based players who had played solidly for 9 months, while he was 2 months or so into a season. What are his attributes, and where has he displayed these in a quality league, week in, week out?

I'll make a bet with you face to face. I go to the occasional Spurs game and I live in Southgate (near the tube). PM me on here and we'll meet up and shake on it. I look forward to telling you what I think of Spurs and fans of the club. Deal?

I made no claim that needed backing up with facts. You just made silly comments that were based on nothing other than your dislike of Spurs and fans. Binary statements such as "AVB is a fraud" and "Spurs will finish midtable" just make my head itch because they are completely baseless. To be fair the stating of opinion as fact is something that loads of fans do on virtually every single football forum on the web. It's why this forum has actually appealed to me a bit because it happens less than on most.

Your comments in your last post are far more tangible, and for what it's worth I agree with some of them. We are certainly predictable and pedestrian a lot of the time. I don't agree that we don't have the players to play AVB's way, but I would absolutely say that things are not working out at this moment. I just also think it's far too early to judge how our season will work out. We still have a reasonable amount of points on the board and it's hardly ridiculous to think we will improve as the season goes on. The apparent lack of a Plan B is a concern though.

Again, though, what is calling Paulinho average all about? 50% of all professional footballers are better than him? He is an established Brazilian international playing regularly in arguably the best league in the world. Absolutely nothing about that is "average". Is he world class? No. Is he worth his price tag? Remains to be seen. He actually played better earlier on the season I thought and showed several strong qualities. He's gone off the boil more recently but there is a very decent player in there in my opinion.

And I'm all for meeting up. In fact, if you are prepared to back up your bold prediction that we will finish mid-table with a decent sized bet then I will invite you and your Spurs supporting wife (or girlfriend, I don't remember sorry) into my box for the City game. Then you can tell me all about how you hate Spurs and Spurs fans while we hopefully get some sort of revenge for Sunday!

I'd be prepared to come in your box for a ticket to Spurs v City.

worsleyweb said:
FrostyNRG said:
Manc in London said:
You state I talk utter nonsense and say I don't use facts. Where are your 'facts'? If you are going to rubbish my opinion, then at least back up your claim with something that resembles a reasoned argument.

I am basing my opinion on what I see. Spurs are predictable, pedestrian, toothless and disjointed. You don't have the players to play AVBs way. He only appears to have a plan A. That's not just my opinion but those of Chelsea and Spurs supporters I know, as well as what is spewed out on Chelsea and Spurs forums.

Paulinho is average. He did well in the Confed Cup against European based players who had played solidly for 9 months, while he was 2 months or so into a season. What are his attributes, and where has he displayed these in a quality league, week in, week out?

I'll make a bet with you face to face. I go to the occasional Spurs game and I live in Southgate (near the tube). PM me on here and we'll meet up and shake on it. I look forward to telling you what I think of Spurs and fans of the club. Deal?

I made no claim that needed backing up with facts. You just made silly comments that were based on nothing other than your dislike of Spurs and fans. Binary statements such as "AVB is a fraud" and "Spurs will finish midtable" just make my head itch because they are completely baseless. To be fair the stating of opinion as fact is something that loads of fans do on virtually every single football forum on the web. It's why this forum has actually appealed to me a bit because it happens less than on most.

Your comments in your last post are far more tangible, and for what it's worth I agree with some of them. We are certainly predictable and pedestrian a lot of the time. I don't agree that we don't have the players to play AVB's way, but I would absolutely say that things are not working out at this moment. I just also think it's far too early to judge how our season will work out. We still have a reasonable amount of points on the board and it's hardly ridiculous to think we will improve as the season goes on. The apparent lack of a Plan B is a concern though.

Again, though, what is calling Paulinho average all about? 50% of all professional footballers are better than him? He is an established Brazilian international playing regularly in arguably the best league in the world. Absolutely nothing about that is "average". Is he world class? No. Is he worth his price tag? Remains to be seen. He actually played better earlier on the season I thought and showed several strong qualities. He's gone off the boil more recently but there is a very decent player in there in my opinion.

And I'm all for meeting up. In fact, if you are prepared to back up your bold prediction that we will finish mid-table with a decent sized bet then I will invite you and your Spurs supporting wife (or girlfriend, I don't remember sorry) into my box for the City game. Then you can tell me all about how you hate Spurs and Spurs fans while we hopefully get some sort of revenge for Sunday!

Into my box!!! This fucker get funnier by the minute.

Your not Daniel levy are you???

Is that your comeback?

As for your response to my fellow Blue, what contribution have you made with your last few posts?

Ah well, watching your team play boring football and rarely score, I can understand why you are so grumpy and argumentative.

citykev28 said:

Would you be awfully upset if I declined your kind proposal?<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:46 pm --<br /><br />
Manc in London said:
Is that your comeback?

What do you mean? I'm not sure what "comeback" was required.

FrostyNRG said:
citykev28 said:

Would you be awfully upset if I declined your kind proposal?

I'd be a match ticket down and would have to watch that **** Jamie Redknapp on sky instead so it wouldn't be the best thing that's ever happened.

FrostyNRG said:
worsleyweb said:
Into my box!!! This fucker gets more funny by the minute.

Well, aren't you a pleasant chap. And adding so much to the conversation too. A real winner.

No I'm a spurs hating wanker!! It all stems from the 4-2 game when terry phelan scored. I have never got over it. Then you beat us a few times in the league cup and I associate you with Liz cundy and now escrow accounts. Ps your boxes are a bit shit aren't they. I.e 1980s style trapped behind the glass. Still it probably costs you about a million a season or 100k a goal!!!

FrostyNRG said:
citykev28 said:
I'd be a match ticket down and would have to watch that **** Jamie Redknapp on sky instead so it wouldn't be the best thing that's ever happened.

Sorry!

Why don't you just let me have a ticket anyway? Well, three. I've got my two sons to think of you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.