The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercrystal7 said:
citykev28 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Turned on to watch the analysis from Gary Neville and Caragher. They basically highlight a lot of key points. When you consider that AVB most likely asked for certain players, but was bought the wrong type you can see why he is struggling. He is also trying to change the style of play. I think they are a bit harsh on the defence, because that has actually been working well for Tottenham especially when you consider the personnel. The City game was a horrow show though.

How on earth would you know what type of players AVB asked for?

It's a guess, but it is a fairly educated guess I believe based on the formations he has tried and where he has played certain people. Also looks at the players he was supposed to have wanted at Chelsea and Tottenham were linked with in the early days. As expected he was linked with Portuguese/Brazilian players. The three he was particularly keen on were Oscar, Moutinho and Leandro are the same he seemed to be after at Tottenham as well. None of the players he has brought in resemble the type of player AVB wanted in the past. AVB is not a fool either. Very rarely do managers buy players that don't fit into a hypothetical formation.
Your chairman and getmeawayfromhere bought an entire team that don't fit.so it must be a landan thing

IH8MUFC said:
for me spurs are the worst team i have seen play this season. their attacking play looks so mediocre. they don't create any space in behind and look so predicible. only townsend has looked capable of doing anything going forward.

Aye, at least he hits the seats behind the goal.

Re: The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 2.

FrostyNRG said:
Markt85 said:
A5113_zps91f84c98.jpg

Chiriches - 9.5 million, Just 4 games looks average ...injured with a fractured nose. Gets in the West Ham team blindfolded.

Chadli - £7 million, Just 3 games..No goals or assists in prem... out injured with a hamstring problem. Gets in the West Ham team blindfolded.

Soldado - £26 million !!! One goal in open play in 12 games haha. absolute flop. Gets in the West Ham team blindfolded.

Eriksen - £11 million , 7 games no goals 1 assist ... ankle injury rules him out for up to 4 weeks. Gets in the West Ham team blindfolded.

Paulinho - £17 million , 12 games 1 goal..runs around like a headless chicken. Gets in the West Ham team blindfolded.

Capoue - £9.3m , just 3 games, got injured when Arsenal just about managed to beat Spurs ... not featured since, apart from when he did of course. Gets in the West Ham team blindfolded.

THE SHIT SEVEN
[/quote]
Didn't they beat you 3-0 not so long ago?

IH8MUFC said:
for me spurs are the worst team i have seen play this season. their attacking play looks so mediocre. they don't create any space in behind and look so predicible. only townsend has looked capable of doing anything going forward.
That's your opinion but I can't agree, Norwich were the worst side I've seen us play in a long, long time. We could, and probably should, have scored double figures that day.

It's too early to be talking about sacking AVB, you can't spend £100m+ in the summer on so many new players then sack the manager before Christmas! He needs to turn things around offensively though, and quickly. 9 from 12 isn't Champion's League level, it's not even mid table level. If Spurs finish outside the top 4 then I think AVB will, and probably should, be sacked. He's been backed financially to a level no other Spurs manager has been, and with United struggling, and last years "top 3" all bringing in a new manager, Spurs will likely never have a better opportunity to get a top 4 spot.

Matty said:
It's too early to be talking about sacking AVB, you can't spend £100m+ in the summer on so many new players then sack the manager before Christmas! He needs to turn things around offensively though, and quickly. 9 from 12 isn't Champion's League level, it's not even mid table level. If Spurs finish outside the top 4 then I think AVB will, and probably should, be sacked. He's been backed financially to a level no other Spurs manager has been, and with United struggling, and last years "top 3" all bringing in a new manager, Spurs will likely never have a better opportunity to get a top 4 spot.

I agree, I'm just re-posting what Ladbroke had placed on Twatter.

They have a tough run of games.

Matty said:

Quite right on all counts. I'm trying to stay positive about it all but I do just have this niggling fear that AVB hasn't got a solution to our problem. I've largely had complete confidence in him so far and just accepted that it's going to take time to get us playing how he wants. Sunday obviously chipped into that confidence somewhat, as it showed up so many weaknesses. It also proved that having plenty of possession counts for precisely zero if you can't do anything with it - which at the moment we can't.

Can't make too many judgements on Sunday alone. It's the hardest fixture in the league this year and conceding a goal so quickly ruined any kind of game plan we had I think. However we really need to see some kind of progression, and soon, if we are going to achieve anything like we should with the squad of players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.