The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrt4919 said:
FrostyNRG said:
Manc in London said:
FrostyNRG
You know what I mean by 'average'. An average PL footballer. After all, that is the level he plays at.

I really didn't. That's why I asked! I do try to engage you in reasoned debate but you just don't seem capable of it. I get that you hate Spurs and Spurs fans but I don't see why you can't have a normal discussion. I'd understand you may want to bring me down to earth if I was claiming I thought we were currently a team of world-beaters but I'm not. I just don't agree with the strength of your criticisms.

Anyway I'm clearly riling people which is not my intention so I'll bow out of this forum with as much grace as I can muster. My offer stands though, so send me a message (I assume I'll get emailed?) if you would like to accept.

I was in a pub a while back after a match with some friends. A clown came over we did not know and introduced himself as a rag fan.
WTF ?
Told him I did not give a toss about him or his football club so Feck off
Feel the same about this Spurs fool
Good riddance
You seem like a friendly sort of chap.

Marvin said:
AVB "on the brink".

Not a fan, but this is ridiculous if true. Sounds true as I think this journalist is a London journalist for the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/26/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-manager

lewispa_2018311i_zps0c1575c0.jpg

"The embarrassment at the Etihad Stadium was keenly felt by the club's chairman, Daniel Levy, and the owner, Joe Lewis, "

shame

Christ there was some shite talked about Spurs signings and their squad at the start of this thread. From City fans too.

Marvin said:
AVB "on the brink".

Not a fan, but this is ridiculous if true. Sounds true as I think this journalist is a London journalist for the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/26/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-manager

I don't think it's ridiculous, to be honest I expect much better than what we have done this season.

I'm not buying the argument that the new players need time to gel. We could put out a team of players who have been here since last season or earlier (Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Kaboul/Dawson, Ekotto, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Defoe/Adebayor) and it would be worse than what we've seen so far. Problem is the system and tactics imo (and AVB's rigid insistence on a certain style of play that our players aren't suited for imho). As long as that won't change (which it doesn't seem to be - in fact it is getting worse not better), then I hope we get rid of him and bring someone in who can create a counterattacking style that suits our players. We don't have the players to play this possession-based football with such slow build up play. It won't work.

I don't mind avb but why he sees defoe as surplus to requirements is totally beyond me. its hardly like his other strikers are ripping up trees.

I expect mancini to rock up there any time soon.

So AVB is favourite to be sacked? They may be able to replace him with Martin Jol or Clipboard Chris as they are allegedly close to being sacked too. Martin Jol would do more with that Spurs squad. Any manager in the PL would be an improvement on AVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.