The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are still gelling, and are 2 points off 4th place. Hardly in free fall.

The problem they have is adapting the new players to a working system. What they need to do is play Erikssen off of Soldado to link up play from midfield. Townsend on the left and Lennon or Lamela on the right. Play a midfield two of Dembele and Sandro imo.

I think that's their strongest line up at the moment, I rate Defoe and would drop give him more time. He makes more runs than Soldado and still has pace.

Spurs just need to click, still a long time to go yet. Calls for him to be sacked are out of order imo.

GHoddle said:
charliebigspuds said:
GHoddle said:
I don't think it's ridiculous, to be honest I expect much better than what we have done this season.

I'm not buying the argument that the new players need time to gel. We could put out a team of players who have been here since last season or earlier (Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Kaboul/Dawson, Ekotto, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Defoe/Adebayor) and it would be worse than what we've seen so far. Problem is the system and tactics imo (and AVB's rigid insistence on a certain style of play that our players aren't suited for imho). As long as that won't change (which it doesn't seem to be - in fact it is getting worse not better), then I hope we get rid of him and bring someone in who can create a counterattacking style that suits our players. We don't have the players to play this possession-based football with such slow build up play. It won't work.

would you have 'Arry back and would he do better with your current squad?

If not 'Arry then who would you like out of the people available?

No Harry was basically the opposite of AVB.

Harry = no tactics whatsoever
AVB = tactics that totally suffocate the players' abilities.

We need something in the middle. No idea who is realistic but I'd like Cesare Prandelli after the world cup. Pochetinno's impressed me most out of the managers in the Premier league that we could possibly get (though I doubt he would leave Southampton at the moment). Hiddink might be available, idk.

As for whether Harry would do better, I doubt it. We would probably be more entertaining but still a shambles. We'd definitely need to be looking higher.

You can blame the manager all you like. Looks like you Spurs fans are suddenly waking up to the fact you have some
totally belowaverage players. BALE DID carry you last season.

Oh yeah and which managers are looking for short term contracts, because that'll be what it looks like,
if you get rid of AVB.

marco said:
the guy will be a hero when they stick 3 past united lets just hope they dont let in 4

We just have to hope the players actually like AVB and aren't about to put in a 'this will get him sacked' performance. Once the dust had settled on our win I was thinking how it could be great in ensuring a bounce back statement against the rags, but from a bit I've read this morning I'm a little concerned it's more likely to be the former scenario playing out. Hopefully the players have enough professional pride to not be schooled by the north twice in a week.

adrianr said:
marco said:
the guy will be a hero when they stick 3 past united lets just hope they dont let in 4

We just have to hope the players actually like AVB and aren't about to put in a 'this will get him sacked' performance. Once the dust had settled on our win I was thinking how it could be great in ensuring a bounce back statement against the rags, but from a bit I've read this morning I'm a little concerned it's more likely to be the former scenario playing out. Hopefully the players have enough professional pride to not be schooled by the north twice in a week.
Actually Sandro and Paulinho can't afford to, Scolari will be watching that game or one of his coaches, and even though they're not as good as our 'dinho, they've got enough about them to hand out some schooling of their own to cleverly and fellaini, besides, we gave the rags just as much of a hiding as we gave spurs, we never let up against spurs that's all.

All Spurs really need is a better defense. Kaboul, Dawson and Walker are not champions league quality, Vertonghan is wasted at LB. Instead of spending £28m on Soldado, they should of spent less on a younger striker and invested into a world class CB and bought a LB. Mancini started from the back with us and look where it got us.

Also what happened to that Olivier Capoue, is he injured?

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
All Spurs really need is a better defense. Kaboul, Dawson and Walker are not champions league quality, Vertonghan is wasted at LB. Instead of spending £28m on Soldado, they should of spent less on a younger striker and invested into a world class CB and bought a LB. Mancini started from the back with us and look where it got us.

They have needed a proper striker for about 3 years. It was okay when they had Bale but once he was going they needed a goalscorer. Infact that all they needed last season and they probably would of finished 4th

NipHolmes said:
They are still gelling, and are 2 points off 4th place. Hardly in free fall.

The problem they have is adapting the new players to a working system. What they need to do is play Erikssen off of Soldado to link up play from midfield. Townsend on the left and Lennon or Lamela on the right. Play a midfield two of Dembele and Sandro imo.

I think that's their strongest line up at the moment, I rate Defoe and would drop give him more time. He makes more runs than Soldado and still has pace.

Spurs just need to click, still a long time to go yet. Calls for him to be sacked are out of order imo.
He wont see the season out
And spurs are a long way off a top 4 side.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

World Class FullBacks are at a premium, there's not a lot of them that you can just pry from their clubs and would take a hefty transfer fee for a maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.