The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
Christ there was some shite talked about Spurs signings and their squad at the start of this thread. From City fans too.
There was a hell of a lot of blues saying they were the real deal your right
Still a few of us who said they would fail.

GHoddle said:
Marvin said:
AVB "on the brink".

Not a fan, but this is ridiculous if true. Sounds true as I think this journalist is a London journalist for the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/26/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-manager

I don't think it's ridiculous, to be honest I expect much better than what we have done this season.

I'm not buying the argument that the new players need time to gel. We could put out a team of players who have been here since last season or earlier (Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Kaboul/Dawson, Ekotto, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Defoe/Adebayor) and it would be worse than what we've seen so far. Problem is the system and tactics imo (and AVB's rigid insistence on a certain style of play that our players aren't suited for imho). As long as that won't change (which it doesn't seem to be - in fact it is getting worse not better), then I hope we get rid of him and bring someone in who can create a counterattacking style that suits our players. We don't have the players to play this possession-based football with such slow build up play. It won't work.

would you have 'Arry back and would he do better with your current squad?

If not 'Arry then who would you like out of the people available?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenhams-jermain-defoe-agrees-transfer-2854640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-2854640</a>

Tottenham's Jermain Defoe agrees transfer to Toronto of MLS in January window

They seem pretty certain this is happening, I'm not surprised he is leaving Spurs, but going to Canada to play in the MLS is a bit of a shock given the number of clubs here who would love to have him.
Why are Spurs getting rid of him when they are struggling to score goals

Spurs fans seem to think Laudrup would come running if they clicked their fingers.

charliebigspuds said:
GHoddle said:
Marvin said:
AVB "on the brink".

Not a fan, but this is ridiculous if true. Sounds true as I think this journalist is a London journalist for the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/26/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-manager

I don't think it's ridiculous, to be honest I expect much better than what we have done this season.

I'm not buying the argument that the new players need time to gel. We could put out a team of players who have been here since last season or earlier (Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Kaboul/Dawson, Ekotto, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Defoe/Adebayor) and it would be worse than what we've seen so far. Problem is the system and tactics imo (and AVB's rigid insistence on a certain style of play that our players aren't suited for imho). As long as that won't change (which it doesn't seem to be - in fact it is getting worse not better), then I hope we get rid of him and bring someone in who can create a counterattacking style that suits our players. We don't have the players to play this possession-based football with such slow build up play. It won't work.

would you have 'Arry back and would he do better with your current squad?

If not 'Arry then who would you like out of the people available?

No Harry was basically the opposite of AVB.

Harry = no tactics whatsoever
AVB = tactics that totally suffocate the players' abilities.

We need something in the middle. No idea who is realistic but I'd like Cesare Prandelli after the world cup. Pochetinno's impressed me most out of the managers in the Premier league that we could possibly get (though I doubt he would leave Southampton at the moment). Hiddink might be available, idk.

As for whether Harry would do better, I doubt it. We would probably be more entertaining but still a shambles. We'd definitely need to be looking higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.