The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Re: if Mourinho goes to Spurs in the summer...

It isn't out of all possibities and it would be interesting. I think there are some great rivalries in England that aren't derby games; Liverpool-Chelsea being the best example. They've had some great battles over the last 15 years. City lack a rival outside the Rags. Mourinho going to Tottenham could stoke up a fresh English rivalry that could be very interesting and entertaining.

The seeds are in the ground for City and Tottenham to become great rivals: two league titles each, a few historic games (the Balet on Ice of the 1960's, 1981 FAC finals, 2004 FAC 3-4, 2010 Spurs win to get into the CL, 2011 City win to get into the CL, arguably the greatest City performance I've EVER seen in the 1-5 at WHL earlier this season, and a bit of a cracker with a lot of controversy just recently), overall two very similar sized clubs (right throughout history). Add a Mancini-Mourinho face-up to the mix and City and Spurs challenging for the title for a few seasons and you've got a full blown rivalry. It would be great! Bring it on!

won't make any difference to us

bad news for the arsenilbandits though

no way he go to spurs, levy couldnt afford his transfer kitty and wouldnt anyway imo

welsh_andy said:
no way he go to spurs, levy couldnt afford his transfer kitty and wouldnt anyway imo
Isn't Levy just the chairman? Doesn't their money come from a silent backer who, by all accounts, is a multi-billionaire? In the last five years only Liverpool and City have spent more money than Spurs.

danburge82 said:
welsh_andy said:
Isn't Levy just the chairman? Doesn't their money come from a silent backer who, by all accounts, is a multi-billionaire? In the last five years only Liverpool and City have spent more money than Spurs.

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssssssssssssss your going to upset the spurs followers

Thought I'd revive this with some cheeky mid season transfer news...

Brazil Under-20 international Bruno Uvini has joined the Club for a two-month trial period.

The 20-year-old central defender, who has won 13 Under-20 caps for his country and made eight league appearances for his club side Sao Paulo, will train and play friendly fixtures with our Development Squad with a view to a permanent transfer.

Rumoured fee is about 3.4m, which seems fair for someone who's captained the U20's for Brazil.

Makes sense to get him in for a couple of months to help him adapt before he makes the move permanently.

We struck gold with Sandro and I believe it is the same scout (Broomfield) that has put the groundwork in on this one, as it's no secret that our CB position will need refreshing in a year or two hopefully Uvini will have the same kind of impact, but it's a big ask.

spurspinter1 said:
Thought I'd revive this with some cheeky mid season transfer news...

Brazil Under-20 international Bruno Uvini has joined the Club for a two-month trial period.

The 20-year-old central defender, who has won 13 Under-20 caps for his country and made eight league appearances for his club side Sao Paulo, will train and play friendly fixtures with our Development Squad with a view to a permanent transfer.

Rumoured fee is about 3.4m, which seems fair for someone who's captained the U20's for Brazil.

Makes sense to get him in for a couple of months to help him adapt before he makes the move permanently.

We struck gold with Sandro and I believe it is the same scout (Broomfield) that has put the groundwork in on this one, as it's no secret that our CB position will need refreshing in a year or two hopefully Uvini will have the same kind of impact, but it's a big ask.

He is the u20 captain of brazils u21 world cup winning squad, but i swear someone translated some brazilian forums where he was widely described as "mediocre".

Perhaps but there were the same premonitions of Sandro when his signing was announced on various forums and whatnot, the scouts must have seen some potential in him and it's these kind of signings that arguably have worked best for us in recent times, Lennon Bale Sandro Dawson Huddlestone etc, getting in talent whilst young and working them in to the team...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.