The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:
We struck gold with Sandro

Did you really?

Decent talent and all that, but he seems to be getting better and better with every game he doesn't play.

Hasn't done all that much for Spurs yet.

He's had an injury ravaged season in all fairness. He was an absolute revelation in the champions league last season. He's quick, strong, great in the tackle, reads the game exceptionally well (intercepts an insane amount of passes), good on the ball (what would you expect, he's brazilian), and he's not bad at all going forward, his screamer against Chelsea was one of the highlights of our season last year.

He has all the makings, and is well on his way, to becoming a fantastic defensive midfielder. If you ask me he's a better player than Parker already, and I know that I am not alone in that assertion.

Speaker said:
moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:

Did you really?

Decent talent and all that, but he seems to be getting better and better with every game he doesn't play.

He's had an injury ravaged season in all fairness. He was an absolute revelation in the champions league last season. He's quick, strong, great in the tackle, reads the game exceptionally well (intercepts an insane amount of passes), good on the ball (what would you expect, he's brazilian), and he's not bad at all going forward, his screamer against Chelsea was one of the highlights of our season last year.

He has all the makings, and is well on his way, to becoming a fantastic defensive midfielder. If you ask me he's a better player than Parker already, and I know that I am not alone in that assertion.

He's quick, he's fast and he's got pace. Good player.

Speaker said:
moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:

Did you really?

He has hardly played. He has played 28 games with a significant number of those being substitute appearances. I expect by next month he will be a cross between Zidane , Redondo and Xavi. If he ends up as good as you currently describe him he will end up joining a big club.

I cannot agree that he reads the game well. His positioning at times is poor. He's still, based on watching him a smal number of times (like yourself), very raw and appears to be a bit of a headless chicken. That's not a criticism as it takes a few years for DMs to learn their trade. His passing is a bit iffy too.

moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:

Did you really?

If you have the time watch the away game at San Siro last season against Milan, it was probably one of my favourite midfield performances by Spurs. Sandro as well as Palacios were ruthless, stomping out fires all over the place and recycling possession, exactly what you need a defensive midfielder to do. Obviously Arsenal didn't need more than one defensive midfielder as Milan are old and shit therefore easy to beat as Italian football is finished. hahahahahahaha lolz stupid spudz lolz. Arsenal have given me great joy recently as I'm sure you can guess....

He's been injured a fair bit unfortunately, so he's been struggling to get to full fitness but he'll be back soon enough hopefully to take the reigns from parker for a bit as he does look tired.

To suggest his positioning is off is a funny one (not you, the bloke who did), the amount of interceptions he makes and the amount of tacklings he makes leaving the opposition player simply confused as to how he lost the ball is great to watch.

He is one of my favourite players to watch, Spurs or not. We have struck gold as he'll either become a mainstay in our squad and Brazil's or will bring in three times what we paid for him in a season or two to a top european club.

spurspinter1 said:
moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:

Did you really?

If you have the time watch the away game at San Siro last season against Milan, it was probably one of my favourite midfield performances by Spurs. Sandro as well as Palacios were ruthless, stomping out fires all over the place and recycling possession, exactly what you need a defensive midfielder to do. Obviously Arsenal didn't need more than one defensive midfielder as Milan are old and shit therefore easy to beat as Italian football is finished. hahahahahahaha lolz stupid spudz lolz. Arsenal have given me great joy recently as I'm sure you can guess....

He's been injured a fair bit unfortunately, so he's been struggling to get to full fitness but he'll be back soon enough hopefully to take the reigns from parker for a bit as he does look tired.

To suggest his positioning is off is a funny one (not you, the bloke who did), the amount of interceptions he makes and the amount of tacklings he makes leaving the opposition player simply confused as to how he lost the ball is great to watch.

He is one of my favourite players to watch, Spurs or not. We have struck gold as he'll either become a mainstay in our squad and Brazil's or will bring in three times what we paid for him in a season or two to a top european club.

ac milan - Abbiati (Amelia 18) v spurs
13 Nesta
33 Thiago Silva
76 Yepesyellow card
08 Gattusoyellow card
10 Seedorf (Alexandre Pato 46)
16 Flaminiyellow card
20 Abate
77 Antonini
11 Ibrahimovic
70 Robinho

ac milan v arsenal
Abbiati
05 Mexes Booked
33 Thiago Silva
04 Van Bommel
10 Seedorf (Emanuelson - 12' )
20 Abate
22 Nocerino
27 Boateng (Ambrosini - 69' Booked )
77 Antonini Booked
11 Ibrahimovic
70 Robinho (Alexandre Pato - 84' )

Just the addition of Nocerino and van bommel would of seen you dicked - gattuso and flamini were/are a liability!!

You sound like an Arsenal fan.

I'd say there is more of a difference in quality between Seedorf and Emmanuelson than there is between Flamini and Van Bommel but it's up for debate.

spurspinter1 said:

I'd say there is more of a difference in quality between Seedorf and Emmanuelson than there is between Flamini and Van Bommel but it's up for debate.

No no no fagan -

simply another spurs fan over hyping a good player, you do the same with Modric, tom 'socrates' huddlestone, gareth 'maradona' bale and my personal favourite ledley 'baresi' king, you've even just done it with fucking flamini!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
spurspinter1 said:

No no no fagan -

simply another spurs fan over hyping a good player, you do the same with Modric, tom 'socrates' huddlestone, gareth 'maradona' bale and my personal favourite ledley 'baresi' king, you've even just done it with fucking flamini!

I'm unsure of what you mean by the term Fagan, an admittedly rather shallow google search points me to the term villainous jew, would you perhaps care to clarify what you mean by this word?

Flamini's a **** but he's a solid shitkicker if needed, I'm not saying he is as good as Van Bommel. I'm saying the difference in quality between him and Flamini is smaller than the difference between Seedorf and Emmanualson, don't think that's really debatable.

Spurs allegiances aside I genuinely love watching Sandro play and will continue to do so even if he leaves for pastures new.

If you really think Modric and King are simply good players then so be it, not much I can do to change that.

spurspinter1 said:
spurspinter1 said:

No no no fagan -

I'm unsure of what you mean by the term Fagan, an admittedly rather shallow google search points me to the term villainous jew, would you perhaps care to clarify what you mean by this word?

Flamini's a **** but he's a solid shitkicker if needed, I'm not saying he is as good as Van Bommel. I'm saying the difference in quality between him and Flamini is smaller than the difference between Seedorf and Emmanualson, don't think that's really debatable.

Spurs allegiances aside I genuinely love watching Sandro play and will continue to do so even if he leaves for pastures new.

If you really think Modric and King are simply good players then so be it, not much I can do to change that.

I suppose 'fagan' was a little crass but not intended as an insult, just a term used up here north for the yid army, don't get me started on that nonsense about some bloody holocaust that 'allegedly' happened(O:

And modric is for me totally overrated, a good player but world class? not on your sphincter, king again a good player, would he get in a top european team? NA

spurspinter1 said:
No no no fagan -

I suppose 'fagan' was a little crass but not intended as an insult, just a term used up here north for the yid army, don't get me started on that nonsense about some bloody holocaust that 'allegedly' happened(O:

And modric is for me totally overrated, a good player but world class? not on your sphincter, king again a good player, would he get in a top european team? NA

I am honestly struggling to think of a top club side anywhere that King would not get into in the world when fit.

I'd have him over Smalling at Utd
I'd have him over Lescott at City
I'd have him over anyone at Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea
I'd have him over anyone at Inter, Napoli, Lazio, Juventus, and Roma. He would probably struggle to get in to Milan's team as I rate Silva more highly, and obviously Nesta is a legend.
I'd say that Barca (Pique + Puyol), and Madrid (Pepe + Carvalho) would be a struggle too, even though I personally rate him higher than Puyol and Pepe, that may be my own bias. Apart from that he would get into any team in Spain and France.
I like the Dortmund CB pairing but he would walk in to Bayern's shaky defence.

So to say that King wouldn't get into any top european club is a joke really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.