The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Manc in London said:
Crouchinho said:
I didn't hear anything of Rodgers going to Spurs either. Nothing official from Swansea then or now.

Maybe some random fans have inside knowledge of other clubs

As you are on a City forum, may be it would be advisable to treat us with respect rather than making snide comments.

Spurs fans are always telling us that our club and my fellow Blues lack 'class'. Yet yesterday, your manager tries to exert pressure on your Chairman on the day Levy is burying his mother. Classy.

I've been here a long time mate and treat everyone with respect. I'm just saying he's talking out his arsenal like most ITK.

You're the one who paints every spurs fan with the same brush and deliberately bumps the spurs thread every now and then to throw fuel on the fire.

It's pretty difficult to post when there is only 3 or 4 of us who get accused of having no class just because some folk quote users from cack forums like glory Glory or some random fella off talksport

Crouchinho said:
I've been here a long time mate and treat everyone with respect. I'm just saying he's talking out his arsenal like most ITK.

I certainly don't speak on behalf of others on here but Danamy does, IMO, know his onions, and this is reflected in the posts made by several posters on here.

You're the one who paints every spurs fan with the same brush and deliberately bumps the spurs thread every now and then to throw fuel on the fire.

I do not bump the threads. If you can spot a gap of a couple of days or more between one of my posts and the post immediately preceeding mine, then I would hold my hands up. I don't think you will have such luck though.

It's pretty difficult to post when there is only 3 or 4 of us who get accused of having no class just because some folk quote users from cack forums like glory Glory or some random fella off talksport

My mistake. I apologise. I was lazy in what I posted. I should have said 'some City fans' and 'some Spurs fans'.

I can honestly say that in my expereince, I have met as many idiotic Spurs fans as I have idiotic supporters of City. I know an awful lot of Spurs fans. One of them is my partner and the mother of my child. Another is my step-father. Not to mention several colleagues and friends.

However, based on the postings on forums and blogs, the club with the highest number of bitter fans are those who support Spurs. The pernicious attacks and vitriol aimed at the club I support and my fellow Blues, is vast and wide-ranging. Of course, this does not apply to all Spurs fans. I certainly wouldn't say that Ghoddle, Spurspinter1, JimmyB and yourself are bitter towards us (based on your postings). In fact, I miss JimmyB/JimB. he's a good poster whose opinion is always worth listening to.

Of the first four people who sent me congratulatory texts on the day we won the league, three of them were from Spurs fans, the other from a Rag. Each one was sincerely happy City won.

Manc in London said:
However, based on the postings on forums and blogs, the club with the highest number of bitter fans are those who support Spurs. The pernicious attacks and vitriol aimed at the club I support and my fellow Blues, is vast and wide-ranging.

If Oxford University can find the time to do conduct a study to determine that lemon fresh scent can induce erections in monkeys; I'm sure they can get to work on ranking clubs by relative bitterness so we can stop dancing around semantics and nail down some facts!

Manc in London said:
In fact, I miss JimmyB/JimB. he's a good poster whose opinion is always worth listening to.

Very good poster, haven't seen him post in ages, he's still knocking around on GG apparently though.

Manc in London said:
However, based on the postings on forums and blogs, the club with the highest number of bitter fans are those who support Spurs. The pernicious attacks and vitriol aimed at the club I support and my fellow Blues, is vast and wide-ranging.

I've had a similar experience although I wouldn't be entirely confident enough to apply a label.

Our abnormal rivalry with Spurs is strange but I've been conscious of it since the disastrous FA match in '93, at least. I remember well passing the fans as I left the Kippax and there seemed such malice in their abuse. Obviously the circumstances didn't help the atmosphere so there's mitigation there...

Anyway, I wonder (if abnormal rivalry actually exists) whether it's because of our similarities: that we've existed together in a similar bracket albeit with Spurs having more cup success over the years. Certainly two Spurs mates argued bitterly about how we're the smaller (lesser supported) club - this was maybe 5 years ago.

And then of course, just as we invested so did they and there was the whole two season fight for 4th business.

GHoddle said:
Manc in London said:
Yet yesterday, your manager tries to exert pressure on your Chairman on the day Levy is burying his mother. Classy.

That's one reason why many of us want him gone. Man lacks class imo, only cares about his own publicity.

I've never said that City fans lack class, but don't mistake Spurs for our manager!

Is this the general feeling amongst your fellow Spuds? I think you're right to want to see the back of him but it seems a bit sudden, this conclusion. I haven't heard many people saying it before this week.

Pam said:
GHoddle said:
Manc in London said:
Yet yesterday, your manager tries to exert pressure on your Chairman on the day Levy is burying his mother. Classy.

That's one reason why many of us want him gone. Man lacks class imo, only cares about his own publicity.

I've never said that City fans lack class, but don't mistake Spurs for our manager!

Is this the general feeling amongst your fellow Spuds? I think you're right to want to see the back of him but it seems a bit sudden, this conclusion. I haven't heard many people saying it before this week.
I've heard it, but online at least until recently those voices got shouted down pretty hard. Now they have some traction because 'Arry's turning his "lovable rogue" act against the club wanting another payday after dropping trousers in hopes of the England job.

“I don’t speak to anybody else — I’m under contract at Tottenham. I keep seeing something about Qatar — I’ve never even been to Qatar in my life,” Redknapp said.

“[But] you don’t let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they’re any good, and you don’t let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they’re any good.

“It’s up to Tottenham. If they think I’m okay and I’ve done a decent job and deserve an extension, they’ll give it to me.

“If Daniel doesn’t think I’m worth it, that’s up to him, that’s up to the club. There’s nothing I can do about it.”
I heard this interview yesterday and the tone in his voice seemed quite vicious, as if to fire a shot across Levy's bow. Levy was looking at getting a few million from the FA, now he's left with Redknapp gobbing off to his media brood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.