The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

spurspinter1 said:
Jol situation could have been handled better for sure. But that strengthens my point about having a replacement lined up straight away, even if it didn't work out too well with Ramos.

I don't particularly want anyone to replace Harry, but if needs must then I think Capello could be a good move as an experienced head coming in, or if we were after the young coach to instill his philosophy in to the club and all that, then AVB could be a good shout, think he'd be given enough time here.

I don't tend to be to judgemental of a manager until his first 6 months or so, I was ever so wrong about Harry so now I tend to reserve my judgement.
So am I in any danger of losing that £20 I put on Mourinho absolutely not joining you?

I think AVB would do well there. Provided he doesn't start alienating people.

Re: Ledley King

madblue said:
id go for saha if we need another forward be a good free transfer as back up i know some will say he was at the swamp but everywhere he been he has always scored goals when fit
Has a posters user name ever been more apt.

spurspinter1 said:
de niro said:
if i were spurs i'd be shitting it for the forthcoming season, i can just see them crumbling as player after player follows harry out the door.

Shitting it?

I'm well up for it, comfortable in the knowledge that if one of our big players leaves then it will be for serious money. And if Harry leaves we will have a replacement lined up as the possiblity of Harry leaving/being sacked has been floating about since January therefore we will have sorted out who we'd be able to get in or not as to not run around like Liverpool begging any big name coach to come and have a crack at it. Levy wouldn't be so ill advised.

Is that the same Levy that's been chasing Rodgers up to and even after Redknapp didn't get the England call?

I'll tell you this much, if Liverpool didn't approach Rodgers and offer him such a good deal he was going to be manager of Spuds next season.

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
spurspinter1 said:
Sometimes I wonder if there isn't just an general condescending or snobbish attitude towards northerners from many Spurs fans. Why live up there, it's grim, it's poor, it rains all the time, it's nowhere near London. So there must be something wrong with fans of that Manchester club, and a vile intention from anyone wanting to be connected to it. We should just know our place.

It's not just them either, some Mancs I know have developed this attitude after spending too much time down there.

I may be way off the mark, but I just don't get the aggression from Spurs fans when it comes to City, and yet MU get love and respect. Plenty of Arse fans are the same, Charlton, West Ham fans are fine though, no problems.

Just my own observation, been getting a lot of grief recently so thought I'd vent.

I know plenty of Spurs that live up north for varying reasons, myself being one of them. To suggest that Spurs fans have ill feelings towards the north more so than other London club's fans is a bit of a bizarre suggestion in my opinion. Have you met two or three Yiddo's that were perhaps a bit overzealous with banter and you've taken that on board as Spurs fans are racist against northerners?

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your post here

Apology accepted, you complete weirdo!

If I've misunderstood it, would you care to clarify what you mean then? It isn't clear.

Still recovering from the disappointment of Chelsea's UEFA Champions League victory, Tottenham Hotspur have been left with effectively worthless mugs celebrating their 'qualification' for the 2012-13 tournament.
Spurs qualified for the world's biggest club competition after finishing fourth in the Barclays Premier League last season.
But Chelsea's historic Champions League success in Munich two weeks ago saw the Blues advance to next year's competition as England's fourth representative, relegating Spurs to the second-tier Europa League.
So what are Spurs to do with their Champions League paraphernalia?
Undeterred by their misfortune, they've decided to sell their Champions League mugs anyway, at a discounted price.
The mugs are available to purchase for the bargain basement price for £1, down from the original price of £5.
Rather than be embarrassed by the sale, Spurs seem to be having a joke at their own expense.

"Great for use at home or for starting banter at work," the club's website says.
So if any Arsenal fans want another way to celebrate the misfortune of their neighbours, or if any Spurs supporters want to ponder what could have been as they sip their morning cuppa, head to Tottenham's website to snap up a bargain.

Castiel said:
spurspinter1 said:
Jol situation could have been handled better for sure. But that strengthens my point about having a replacement lined up straight away, even if it didn't work out too well with Ramos.

I don't particularly want anyone to replace Harry, but if needs must then I think Capello could be a good move as an experienced head coming in, or if we were after the young coach to instill his philosophy in to the club and all that, then AVB could be a good shout, think he'd be given enough time here.

I don't tend to be to judgemental of a manager until his first 6 months or so, I was ever so wrong about Harry so now I tend to reserve my judgement.
So am I in any danger of losing that £20 I put on Mourinho absolutely not joining you?

I think AVB would do well there. Provided he doesn't start alienating people.

What kind of odds did you get for Jose not joining us?! Can't imagine you'd have earnt more than 20p to be honest.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:32 pm --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
Is that the same Levy that's been chasing Rodgers up to and even after Redknapp didn't get the England call?

I'll tell you this much, if Liverpool didn't approach Rodgers and offer him such a good deal he was going to be manager of Spuds next season.

I do love a good "if" ITK'er, they're the best kind.

spurspinter1 said:
What kind of odds did you get for Jose not joining us?! Can't imagine you'd have earnt more than 20p to be honest.

You obviously don't remember but there was a thread in here somewhere about Mourinho going to Spurs and I pledged to donate £20 (or maybe £50 I forget) to a Spurs fan site if it ever happened - such was the ridiculousness of the idea.

spurspinter1 said:
spurspinter1 said:
I know plenty of Spurs that live up north for varying reasons, myself being one of them. To suggest that Spurs fans have ill feelings towards the north more so than other London club's fans is a bit of a bizarre suggestion in my opinion. Have you met two or three Yiddo's that were perhaps a bit overzealous with banter and you've taken that on board as Spurs fans are racist against northerners?

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your post here

Apology accepted, you complete weirdo!

If I've misunderstood it, would you care to clarify what you mean then? It isn't clear.

Simply put, if a player comes to City it can only be for money. If a player goes to sunny North London, it's to play for the greatest club in the greatest city. A certain obsession with money and a narrow perception of class and wealth. United fit that narrow perception perhaps more closely.

It's an observation from my own experience, as I made clear. If you think I'm utterly wrong to believe anyone is like this then fair enough. I wasn't accusing anyone of racism, bit weird that you went there frankly - do you believe northerners are a different race to southerners? Interesting point of view.

spurspinter1 said:
Danamy said:

I do love a good "if" ITK'er, they're the best kind.

Your blinded by your bitterness Spud..........to be honest and in your terms, you haven't got a Scooby!

I didn't hear anything of Rodgers going to Spurs either. Nothing official from Swansea then or now.

Maybe some random fans have inside knowledge of other clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.