The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

I find the notion of individual players doing it to be perfectly plausible, but a whole squad? That's got too many variables in it for things to almost inevitably unravel very quickly. Fall outs (over money or team selection) followed by blackmail and extortion and what about those players who simply said 'no'. It's hard to imagine a whole squad of 25 going along with something with serious question marks about its long term health effects, which would impact on their future earning potential and reputation in the likely event it was eventfully exposed. Like pretty much any conspiracy it would only be as strong as the weakest link.

I'm inclined, on balance, to say no, not because of any faith in human nature, or any lack of cynicism on my part, but because of the practicalities involved in such an arrangement and the overriding capacity for it to fuck up royally.

Some of their players are stronger and faster than they've ever been. Just seems suspicious.

I find the notion of individual players doing it to be perfectly plausible, but a whole squad? That's got too many variables in it for things to almost inevitably unravel very quickly. Fall outs (over money or team selection) followed by blackmail and extortion and what about those players who simply said 'no'. It's hard to imagine a whole squad of 25 going along with something with serious question marks about its long term health effects, which would impact on their future earning potential and reputation in the likely event it was eventfully exposed. Like pretty much any conspiracy it would only be as strong as the weakest link.

I'm inclined, on balance, to say no, not because of any faith in human nature, or any lack of cynicism on my part, but because of the practicalities involved in such an arrangement and the overriding capacity for it to fuck up royally.
Surely you wouldn't need the full squad to do it though? Just the ones that do the most running, the attack and creative midfield

It will only be about 10 though, cos they havent really used many players and the lkes of kante and okazaki are famed for their itness. Vardy, mahrez, drinkwater and albrighton v. suspicious imo

Surely you wouldn't need the full squad to do it though? Just the ones that do the most running, the attack and creative midfield
Even if that were the case, it is inconceivable that they other players in the squad aren't in on it if its a big enough group of players, like you suggest. Given the sums involved, the capacity for blackmail would be overwhelming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.