The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Not read the whole thread but perhaps if dodgy drugs have been on the menu then who's to say it wasn't from 2/3 the way through last season and brought about the run to stay up. A lot of people linking this season but could have been some of last season as well. Allegedly.

No way they're on drugs, well performance enhancing ones anyway. This is England, and performance enhancing drugs just ain't cricket.....

The difference in fitness between the fittest and least fit team in the league is probably much smaller than is generally thought. They are all basically elite level athletes after all. It is then perfectly conceivable that a change of regime ( manager) could tweak things enough to make the difference rather than ped's?

I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. Too much money at risk, particularly in light of the new deal for next season. No way will they want a tarnished product.

Yet the only way to have an untarnished product is to investigate. How does the league look if other athletes named by that doctor are investigated and found to be guilty?

The difference in fitness between the fittest and least fit team in the league is probably much smaller than is generally thought. They are all basically elite level athletes after all. It is then perfectly conceivable that a change of regime ( manager) could tweak things enough to make the difference rather than ped's?

Yes, very possible.

Not that fast. I'm in the process of training extremely hard/nutrition etc for a 20KM Spartan Race and the hardest part is recovery. If you take recovery time out of the equation via PED's, you could see huge improvement in performance over say 2 months. Without cheating, 3-5 months.

Not that fast. I'm in the process of training extremely hard/nutrition etc for a 20KM Spartan Race and the hardest part is recovery. If you take recovery time out of the equation via PED's, you could see huge improvement in performance over say 2 months. Without cheating, 3-5 months.
At this level a lot of the players will be genetically predisposed to running found like daft cunts and recovering quickly though, which is probably a reason they have made it to the top of the professional game. I worked with a bloke who had a trial/apprenticeship at Hereford who are obviously not at the top of the tree. Even in his thirties he was pretty much the fittest individual I knew in terms of aerobic capacity and sprint speed, but he was the first to admit that he didn't quite cut it due to fitness. Even in the lower divs the general level of fitness is incredible compared to most of us and at the top almost superhuman. I'm not saying this stops PEDs, it might even be what encourages them, but the margins are so tight its probably unfair to call out Leicester without proof. Are we just more cynical now - is what Leicester have done anywhere near what forest did with Clough? - no one accused them of doping

Not read the whole thread, but I'm not convinced about allegations of cheating. Whilst bottom of the table for most of last season they didn't take many beatings. So they've brought in an Italian manager, shored up the defence, and are now winning games 1-0 instead of losing 1-0 or 2-1. And the other sides that were mentioned? Arsenal seem to have more injuries than even us, Chelsea were fucking dire until fuckface fucked off, and if Birmingham are on drugs I'll show my arse in burtons window!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.