The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

What's all this "least fittest team last season" stuff actually based on? I keep seeing it mentioned but there are never any stats to support it, which automatically sets my bullshit detector off. What is it actually based on - the number of injuries they suffered or their stamina/running distances? Because it's quite an important distinction to make.

Not too young mate. I sat up all bloody night to watch "the race of the century" and I was supporting Ben Johnson! Ironic subsequently that Lewis, Christie etc were all convicted of drugs offences.

Ideally I'd prefer not to win it that way but I'd take it and celebrate it.
I agree with your sentiments and I did not say that I would not celebrate at all, that would be unfan-like. I just said that I would not being doing much celebrating, the whole thing would leave a bad taste in my mouth. What happened to the magic of the 100m men's final has never been recaptured, in fact I would say it is worst now. I love football and I love man city but I would find damaging the magic by winning the epl with drugs unforgivable.

Leceister's name coming up in the doping scandal really raised an eyebrow for me.

You always hear people citing their energy and work rate being pivotal to their success this season, and it is, their whole game is founded upon it.

But how can it be so far ahead of other clubs in the division?

All top flight clubs place importance on fitness, some more than others, but you'd imagine they all have a baseline that can't be too dissimilar and they all strive to have their players in peak physical condition.

What could Leceister possibly be doing during the week that other sides aren't that explains their physical and athletic edge?

The allegations about doping might well be untrue, but it would certainly help explain a lot. The very obvious fact that they've played less games however, is a clear benefit to them over the course of the season.

Leceister's name coming up in the doping scandal really raised an eyebrow for me.

You always hear people citing their energy and work rate being pivotal to their success this season, and it is, their whole game is founded upon it.

But how can it be so far ahead of other clubs in the division?

All top flight clubs place importance on fitness, some more than others, but you'd imagine they all have a baseline that can't be too dissimilar and they all strive to have their players in peak physical condition.

What could Leceister possibly be doing during the week that other sides aren't that explains their physical and athletic edge?

The allegations about doping might well be untrue, but it would certainly help explain a lot. The very obvious fact that they've played less games however, is a clear benefit to them over the course of the season.
The most easiest thing you can say is that they're doping. It makes sense and you can actually imagine it to be true. Whether or not it is true though is something we maybe will never find out. I do think though that in every sport at the highest level there's nobody that ain't on something of some sorts, just my opinion.

where is all this Leicester are the fittest team in the league coming from??
below are the top 10 players who have covered the most distance on average in the league this season....top Leicester player is Albrighton who is 19th

Dan Gosling
Dele Alli
James Milner
Christian Eriksen
Adam Lallana
James McClean
Erik Lamela
Jack Cork
James Ward-Prowse
Aaron Ramsey

more worrying is the workrate of are players......Sagna is highest city player and he is 67th on the list

if Pep gets are players fitter and working harder next season as expected would it be fair to say city players have been juiced??

This Leicester conspiracy goes all the way to Putin and the Panamanian files. Foxes my bollix.

If they've found a way to dope undetected then they won't be the only ones at it, the whole league will be. This doc has named two big London clubs, Leicester as it would make sense and fuck knows why Birmingham. Chelsea and Arsenal players would not risk doping, not a fucking chance. They are earning top money, why throw it all away. Too much of a risk.

Not football related, but if you think this isn't happening, have a look at this expose that catches a bunch of NFL,NBA players and top athletes. This was earlier this year and you can see how rampant it is in every other sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.