The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

I think the title of this thread is embarrassing and small minded. Assuming they carry on collecting points at the same rate they'll end up on 82 points which would only have won them the league once in the last 10 years and in most years they would have ended up 3rd or 4th. It's not their fault everyone else has dropped more points than usual. If they were in 4th place on 69 points at the moment would anyone be casting aspersions?

I think the title of this thread is embarrassing and small minded. Assuming they carry on collecting points at the same rate they'll end up on 82 points which would only have won them the league once in the last 10 years and in most years they would have ended up 3rd or 4th. It's not their fault everyone else has dropped more points than usual. If they were in 4th place on 69 points at the moment would anyone be casting aspersions?

Yes, because it's been rumoured and discussed in the press.

Exactly. I find it especially odd how people are getting all uptight and stating Leicester winning the league would be an embarrassment. Sure it puts the big spenders to shame but it isn't half as embarrassing as the bitter responses it's evoking from entitled fans of some of the big clubs (ourselves included). Spurs or Arsenal sneaking in to win it at this stage won't make our own poor showing any less of an embarrassment than it already is and tbh I don't think fans of other leagues give enough of a shit for anyone to feel embarrassed about how it makes English football look. If anything they'll probably feel briefly envious of the fact that the premier league can still spring a bit of a surprise.

rumored by jealous people. there is not a shred of proof on this and to take the shine of a extraordinary season for a club like Leicester is unfair.

Every case starts with allegations. Whether they are true or not remains to be seen until (if) they are investigate. Fuck me Lance Armstrong was at it for years and the allegations started back around 2000, he was banned and found guilty in what? 2013?

There is either some truth to it, or there isn't.
Stating its definitely the case hasn't been proved so is 'unfounded" and bleating "it's not fair on poor little Leicester" could well be naive for all we know so far.

Some have discussed why it is or why it's not plausible in discussion, but it's not just Leicester that have been implicated, and not just football, so let's not go down the 'picking on Leicester' route just yet.

Every case starts with allegations. Whether they are true or not remains to be seen until (if) they are investigate. Fuck me Lance Armstrong was at it for years and the allegations started back around 2000, he was banned and found guilty in what? 2013?

There is either some truth to it, or there isn't.
Stating its definitely the case hasn't been proved so is 'unfounded" and bleating "it's not fair on poor little Leicester" could well be naive for all we know so far.

Some have discussed why it is or why it's not plausible in discussion, but it's not just Leicester that have been implicated, and not just football, so let's not go down the 'picking on Leicester' route just yet.

Well until that day comes they deserve all the plaudits they get.

If we're talking about the doping allegations we could drop Leicester from the thread title, as it's more than just them being accused. The thread has a whiff of 'bitter' about it.

Exactly. I find it especially odd how people are getting all uptight and stating Leicester winning the league would be an embarrassment. Sure it puts the big spenders to shame but it isn't half as embarrassing as the bitter responses it's evoking from entitled fans of some of the big clubs (ourselves included). Spurs or Arsenal sneaking in to win it at this stage won't make our own poor showing any less of an embarrassment than it already is and tbh I don't think fans of other leagues give enough of a shit for anyone to feel embarrassed about how it makes English football look. If anything they'll probably feel briefly envious of the fact that the premier league can still spring a bit of a surprise.
You managed to get four derivatives of the word 'embarrass' into that post. That's high, even by Bluemoon standards. Congratulations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.