The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Last time I saw that sort of hard work was when a fast bowler bowled straight ten overs and got injured. Came back in two or three weeks, just before the start of the world cup and then got injured again. Turned out, ICC was just too smart, that rapid recovery was due to doping and he faked his injury before the world cup to evade doping test.
Lets not act like Leicester performing like this is just this season they are carrying on from last year where they were bottom and finished 14th

You're right, the bookie always wins if they can do their job.
The whole point being missed is that when crooks are involved in 'fixing' the market it's the millions of ordinary punters who bet on the realistic clubs that lose their money to a few who bet on the non-runners that suddenly win. The bookies are rarely arsed as they still make money, but the crooks make a lot more off the millions of punters who don't have the inside information.

I can assure you most bookies are facing horrendous payouts, as they would if any of the rags (underdogs) win the Premier league.

The manager of the bookmaker is only partially correct in his analysis, yes the percentage of slips on LCFC would probably by September 2015 be less than 1% of total slippage both in retail and digital, and about 90 percent of slippage would be split across the Big 6, with each bookmakers liabilities (on the big guns) dependent on where they were in the market on the big 6. However all of them would face horrendous liabilities on most if not all of the perceived bottom 12-13 clubs, it doesn't take a maths degree to work out that laying £100 @ 5000/1 faces the same liability as laying £300000 @ 13/8.

As someone that runs long term books, I know that various firms are going to do their bollocks, however to dispel the conspiracy theorists, it's to the "right customer" well at least the 500/1 plus prices are to the average joe. A lot of judges and restricted punters have got on them in the last few months where certain bookies have kept their price artificially low to rip off the people that want to cashout. But cashout is just another rip off tool for the great ripper offers

I believe that they have named the same starting 11 over 25 times, which is unheard of in the modern era I would imagine. They have been very lucky with injuries, a lack of European football and knocked out of the two cups early but I still have a feeling not everything is quite right

I believe that they have named the same starting 11 over 25 times, which is unheard of in the modern era I would imagine. They have been very lucky with injuries, a lack of European football and knocked out of the two cups early but I still have a feeling not everything is quite right

Yeah it's not bitiness to have questions especially how unheard of this achievement is.. They are winning every week virtually when the rest of the league are all taking points off each other

I don't really know what to think and don't want to think the worse case, but something doesn't ring true it's all to convenient

If there's any suspicion of doping at all, then it's really only going to affect energy levels/stamina etc. You can't take a drug that will suddenly make you score goals and play very good football - there are simply too many other elements involved - mistakes by defenders, luck, confidence, tactics etc etc etc.

If there is a tablet that can do this, Bony must have stopped taking them just before he came to the Etihad ;-)

They deserve it. They've worked bloody hard for it. Let's not live up to the 'Berties' tag that the rags give us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.