The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Worth noting Ranieri is Italian. And In his last job so is less likely to give a crap

But hopefully it's all legit as its a good story

Vardy returned from surgery after 9 days and if that was not enough, he gone from not in top 20 fastest to fastest player in EPL.
Is that true? Absolutely incredible if it is. I am sure there are legitimate ways of increasing your speed to some extent but you would think the potential would be fairly limited.

In other sports like Tennis, Cycling etc if someone was crap throughout their career and then suddenly one year they're faster, stronger and fitter than everyone else, questions and suspicions would arise.

In other sports like Tennis, Cycling etc if someone was crap throughout their career and then suddenly one year they're faster, stronger and fitter than everyone else, questions and suspicions would arise.

I agree. Football needs to toughen up and get a bit more cynical here.. or risk getting left behind in the times. Cycling experts would be laughing right now if this happened in cycling.

Thing is, would the FA and Premier League let people know if Leicester was doping? I mean it is a great story for the league, more money, advertisements etc.

It would be damaging if it came out they was doping. The long-term damage would rip football apart and make every team and player questionable. A scandal of epic proportions.

I always think it's amazing how rare top players like Messi and Ronaldo get injured.. I think Ronaldo has had like 0 hamstring injuries in his whole career.. that is bizarre for a high performance athlete who relies on his speed.

If there's any suspicion of doping at all, then it's really only going to affect energy levels/stamina etc. You can't take a drug that will suddenly make you score goals and play very good football - there are simply too many other elements involved - mistakes by defenders, luck, confidence, tactics etc etc etc.

If there is a tablet that can do this, Bony must have stopped taking them just before he came to the Etihad ;-)

Not only that, but a doping conspiracy at a football club would require a lot more people to be complicit than say, one cyclist and his inner circle. It's hard to believe that they would all be in on it, especially any players with ambitions to move onto bigger and better clubs.

Not only that, but a doping conspiracy at a football club would require a lot more people to be complicit than say, one cyclist and his inner circle. It's hard to believe that they would all be in on it, especially any players with ambitions to move onto bigger and better clubs.
They may not realise that they are doping i.e. drink this, eat that etc

I agree. Football needs to toughen up and get a bit more cynical here.. or risk getting left behind in the times. Cycling experts would be laughing right now if this happened in cycling.

Thing is, would the FA and Premier League let people know if Leicester was doping? I mean it is a great story for the league, more money, advertisements etc.

It would be damaging if it came out they was doping. The long-term damage would rip football apart and make every team and player questionable. A scandal of epic proportions.

I always think it's amazing how rare top players like Messi and Ronaldo get injured.. I think Ronaldo has had like 0 hamstring injuries in his whole career.. that is bizarre for a high performance athlete who relies on his speed.

If players like Ronaldo have never used PED's, steroids and EPO's I'd be pleasantly surprised. He went from a reasonably talented, scrawny 22 year old to a beefed up, shredded, machine in a couple of years.

Vardy - there's nothing of him, all skin & bone. He looks gaunt, haunted even. You wouldn't think he was tearing PL defences apart 4 years after playing non-league football. But there are comparable rises to the top. Stuart Pearce & Ian Wright for starters.

They may not realise that they are doping i.e. drink this, eat that etc

I can quite easily believe this. Every footballer will have different drinks for pre training, during training, after training, given to them by the sports scientists and fitness teams.... It's quite easy to think they'll happily sup what they are given by the experts....

Every player takes supplements. Just some are banned and some are not....

I can quite easily believe this. Every footballer will have different drinks for pre training, during training, after training, given to them by the sports scientists and fitness teams.... It's quite easy to think they'll happily sup what they are given by the experts....

Every player takes supplements. Just some are banned and some are not....

The Sunday one wants banning!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.