The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Lot of bitterness in this thread. Fair play to Leicester, it's a remarkable story what they did this year.

Bollox - vardy got 5 goals last year. They will be found guilty in time .

Cost of their first team is less than £25m!
Billionaire owner or not it doesn't matter, because they've spent fuck all!
Amazing story, even better then Forest
Isn't duck even better than Forest.

Forest did what Leicester look like doing this season and then won two European Cups in a row!

Fair enough with Europe, but Leicester are in a tougher league for sure. Better managers and players now as the borders have been taken down
Maybe, I do think the Premier League has a brainless element to it currently though which has allowed Leicester to take advantage without teams having the gumption to actually counter their fairly one dimensional approach. Comparing things from one era to another in sport tends to be a futile exercise though.

Maybe, I do think the Premier League has a brainless element to it currently though which has allowed Leicester to take advantage without teams having the gumption to actually counter their fairly one dimensional approach. Comparing things from one era to another in sport tends to be a futile exercise though.

All hypothetical, makes me smile when I see people get heated debating such.

Cmon, Leicester's entire team cost less than what we paid for Sterling. Less than what Arsenal paid for Ozil. Less than what Chelsea paid for Hazard. Less than what Untied paid for Martial. The traditional bigger clubs have one players that cost more than the ENTIRE amount of the Leicester City team.

Just admit it, we along with Arsenal, Chelsea, and United have had our pants pulled down, and been shown up.

Its without doubt the greatest club achievement in English football history.

Cmon, Leicester's entire team cost less than what we paid for Sterling. Less than what Arsenal paid for Ozil. Less than what Chelsea paid for Hazard. Less than what Untied paid for Martial. The traditional bigger clubs have one players that cost more than the ENTIRE amount of the Leicester City team.

Just admit it, we along with Arsenal, Chelsea, and United have had our pants pulled down, and been shown up.

On the face of it, I couldn't agree more and unless some concrete evidence comes out that proves there's something dodgy about it they'll deserve all the plaudits. Greatest club achievement in English football history is a fair shout if they do on to win it. I'd put it above Forest's achievements because the playing field was far more level in those days so it was always a lot more possible that a club could turn it's fortunes around and become the best in the country with a great manager and players that played as a team - Liverpool may have been the dominant force in the 70's and 80's but Forest, Villa, and Ipswich all came from practically nowhere to achieve success both in England and Europe. I honestly thought those days were gone forever but Leicester have proved it is still possible to do it while spending a fraction of what other clubs have laid out.

That said, they've benefitted from City forgetting how to perform consistently in the league while bizarrely discovering how to play in the CL, Chelsea falling off a cliff, United boring everyone to death and getting plenty of shit results, and Arsenal being Arsenal. There's not a chance that anyone would've predicted at the start of the season that all of last season's top 4 would be this bad and that has opened the door for other teams to take advantage. Quite simply, it's been a perfect storm for Leicester - one that comes around once every hundred-odd years.

I don't think many would disagree with the highlighted bit. This probably sounds bitter or even a bit "raggy" (I hope it doesn't because I certainly don't begrudge them their success) but personally I think it is a terrible indictment of the whole division and particularly certain clubs (us possibly being the biggest culprits) to have allowed them to do this. The utter lack of respect that we showed them tactically when they played at our place sums the whole thing up for me. But well done to them for taking advantage of the utter shitness of English football which is exciting but often has the tactical wherewithal of pub football. I wonder whether next year they will come up against the parked buses we tend to come up against and if so, how they will cope with that. And even if that happens why would it have taken so long for the penny to drop with teams? It'll be interesting to see how they get on in Europe and how they deal with their relentless 60 yard balls for Vardy to chase. My head tells me it will be a piece of piss for tactically astute teams to deal with but who knows, maybe Leicester are the real deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.