The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Cycling is so different to football though. Fitness might get you to a level above, but there's no drug that can give you technique etc. Leicester have been more than just added fitness. Mahrez has been class at times and they've had a simple MO which is to be compact and defend and hit teams on the counter attack. They've not scored in the dying minutes when other teams have been tired, they've generally taken the lead earlier.

It's odd how they've suddenly become the best team in the league, with so few defeats and so many wins... but it surely isn't because of drugs?! Is it!!!?
Possibly

Cycling is so different to football though. Fitness might get you to a level above, but there's no drug that can give you technique etc. Leicester have been more than just added fitness. Mahrez has been class at times and they've had a simple MO which is to be compact and defend and hit teams on the counter attack. They've not scored in the dying minutes when other teams have been tired, they've generally taken the lead earlier.

It's odd how they've suddenly become the best team in the league, with so few defeats and so many wins... but it surely isn't because of drugs?! Is it!!!?
Between August and Xmas, they developed an uncanny habit of snatching draws and victories from the jaws of defeat late on in matches. It happened soooo often. Admittedly they aren't necessarily getting more goals in the last quarter of games anymore, but their energy and stamina off the ball is helping them prevent the opposition from hauling back 1-0 leads etc.

Also, whilst football and cycling might not be directly comparable, wide scale blood doping (if this is what's happening at Leicester) would still represent an unfair advantage. It helps them plug the skill gap with tireless running and blocking and tackling. Shirley this would have a significant effect on outcome.

Someone on here the other day said that unexpected and dramatic sporting achievements are often followed by allegations, exposures and admissions of doping.

Last edited:
Was anything said about the possibility of Leicester doping prior to the dodgy Doctor's (overblown and overhyped) comments being published?

I don't recall seeing anything.

Ranieri hasn't clocked it. Here is what he recently said .....(apologise if already mentioned".

"Jamie Vardy, for example. This is not a footballer. This is a fantastic horse," Ranieri added. "He has a need to be free out there on the pitch. I say to him, 'You are free to move however you want, but you must help us when we lose the ball. That's all I ask of you. If you start to press the opposition, all of your teammates will follow you.'"

N'Golo Kante, who signed from Caen in August 2015, has also been a star and Ranieri revealed that the midfielder's stamina has impressed him most.

The former Chelsea and Juventus manager wrote: "This player Kante, he was running so hard that I thought he must have a pack full of batteries hidden in his shorts. He never stopped running in training.

"I had to tell him, 'Hey, N'Golo, slow down. Slow down. Don't run after the ball every time, okay?' He says to me, 'Yes, boss. Yes. Okay.' Ten seconds later, I look over and he's running again.
"

Very suspicious,i bet they hardly get tested

They can be tested all they want, but modern testing is always a step behind the latest PED's. In the 90's Balco ruined a decade of US sports by supplying to athletes in every major sport. These athletes tested negative time and time again. It takes time for the testing to catch up with the blood doping especially and I've heard the next generation is going to be next to impossible to catch as it involves human testosterone grown in pigs of all things.

I still think a key part of Leicester's success this season is their remarkable luck with injuries which has enabled them to play a settled side for almost the whole season. Donning my anorak I dug out their players' appearance stats.

Out of the 34 PL games so far this season 3 players (Schmeichel, Morgan & Vardy) have started 31, one (Albrighton) 30 and 3 (Drinkwater, Huth & Mahrez) 29. Of the rest Kante is on 26 (plus 4 subs), Simpson & Fuchs on 23 and Okazaki on 22 (plus 7 subs). That's their entire first XI. The next one is Schlupp way down on 12 starts. No-one else is even close to double figures. In comparison Hart is the only City player who's made enough starts (31) to match their top 7 players.

They may have team spirit, confidence, motivation and not a little skill but IMO a few injuries to first team regulars would have seriously disrupted their season and seen them battling with the likes of Chelsea and Everton in mid table. It remains to be seen next season how they'll handle the pressure, extra fixtures and the dreaded second season syndrome especially if their luck with injuries doesn't hold even if, as they must, make some serious signings in the summer.

They can be tested all they want, but modern testing is always a step behind the latest PED's. In the 90's Balco ruined a decade of US sports by supplying to athletes in every major sport. These athletes tested negative time and time again. It takes time for the testing to catch up with the blood doping especially and I've heard the next generation is going to be next to impossible to catch as it involves human testosterone grown in pigs of all things.
Thats interesting,no wonder it takes years to discover cheating.Idon't know if leicester are up to something this season,if they keep it up next year i will be inclined to think something is up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.