The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Pretty bitter tinge to this thread. They've been crap of late, outplayed by every team I've seen them play recently bar Sunderland, just very lucky.

They've been lucky all season, from refereeing decisions (e.g. Aguero penalty), to injuries to just plain game play (e.g. Kouyate hitting both posts & rolling across line, people missing sitters against them).

Having no injuries is so important, last season Chelsea did it, this season Spurs & Leicester have done it - consistency in team availability is a massive boost. I'd argue if we'd been able to keep our players fit like Spurs/Leicester then we'd be far far closer if not at the top.

Another one misses the point. If you check back plenty of people have said they aren't the only team at it. I've also said(and it's a fairly educated opinion when it comes to drug testing as I've helped implement it into another sport when I sat on it's board of directors) that we would also look close to home too. However, Leicester look to have a team wide "advantage". It's not just one or two of them look like they are using.

In summation, Leicester look to have taken it to a new level. But I believe it is rife across each and every team in the league.

From the detailed information here http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/leicester-city-need-for-speed/ Leicester appear to have been more effective at attacking this season, however their average pace of play has hardly changed since last season. Their fast=paced attacks this season have actually been in decline since an early season peak. These are certainly not the stats you'd expect to see from a team that has allegedly taken the use of PEDs to a whole new level. Perhaps the Doc bummed them all off with placebos?

This whole thing is just fucking strange. Seriously, are they blood doping?. Some of the comments being made about the physical stamina of a lot of their players is reminiscent of cheating Lance Armstrong and the US postal cycling team. There are a couple of documentaries on You Tube that are well worth a watch regarding that. It was easy for them to get away with it. And Armstrong took 7 Tour De France wins out of nowhere thanks to these regular blood transfusions etc. He went from being average on the hills to dominating the field and looking fresh as a daisy into the bargain. It was virtually impossible to detect and it was so effective in terms of stamina that Armstrong was using his brakes as he climbed the mountains.

We shouldn't sign anyone from Leicester under any circumstances.
correct.

Between August and Xmas, they developed an uncanny habit of snatching draws and victories from the jaws of defeat late on in matches. It happened soooo often. Admittedly they aren't necessarily getting more goals in the last quarter of games anymore, but their energy and stamina off the ball is helping them prevent the opposition from hauling back 1-0 leads etc.

Also, whilst football and cycling might not be directly comparable, wide scale blood doping (if this is what's happening at Leicester) would still represent an unfair advantage. It helps them plug the skill gap with tireless running and blocking and tackling. Shirley this would have a significant effect on outcome.

Someone on here the other day said that unexpected and dramatic sporting achievements are often followed by allegations, exposures and admissions of doping.

the non stop blocking and tackling of Wes Morgan for example has amazed football fans in Nottingham.This is a lad who couldn,t get a game for Notts County for a whole year and was no more than a competent oath at Forest.looking at him now he looks as tho he is carved out of marble,looks 5 years younger, and snaps into tackles with such great efficiency and confidence he has become pretty much the most commanding centre back in english football..an incredible rise from the substitutes bench at lowly notts county.like his team mate vardy who was playing for stalybride or somebody non league a few years ago, the transformation has been incredible...simply incredible.

Yes, the more I read this thread and hear about the dramatic, even unbelievable stories of the players last season and their improvement this season is too good to be true! Last year I kind of recall Leicester being overrun all over their team and to see this years performance from them is out of this world!

It will no doubt go unnoticed by the authorities.

What are you suggesting? He had one good season for us where everything he touched turned to gold and has done nothing since...
No, he had a good half a season, then after the scare, packed "it" in, and his performances went back to being entirely bang average.

I don't go on Twitter or Facebook do other fans think it's very strange or just on bluemoon , I personally don't believe there is a doping issue with a whole team,but I'm sure the odd few are at it and not just Leicester

Might do when it comes out though, eh?
This thread strikes me as very bitter and a little desperate. Its a shame, cos Ive always had a soft spot for Man City. A couple of coach loads usually rock up to The Union in Aylestone when you play down our place. Good lads, still have the Citeh, gallows humour. I doubt that many of them are posting on here. They all remember the days before the Sheik arrived, sprinkling the moon dust.
I should be carefull what you wish for with your little witch hunt. I cant catagorically say that no LCFC players are doping, I just stronhly doubt it. But, say it were proved to be the case, there will be more than one dodgy quack pedaling the chemicals, and its a fair bet that the practice wil be endemic across the board, including Manchester.

This thread strikes me as very bitter and a little desperate. Its a shame, cos Ive always had a soft spot for Man City. A couple of coach loads usually rock up to The Union in Aylestone when you play down our place. Good lads, still have the Citeh, gallows humour. I doubt that many of them are posting on here. They all remember the days before the Sheik arrived, sprinkling the moon dust.
I should be carefull what you wish for with your little witch hunt. I cant catagorically say that no LCFC players are doping, I just stronhly doubt it. But, say it were proved to be the case, there will be more than one dodgy quack pedaling the chemicals, and its a fair bet that the practice wil be endemic across the board, including Manchester.
If you have a look at the original post the allegations were made by footballisfecked blog and the comments in here followed from that, in fact many posts have been in support of LCFC
Perhaps you should vent your pathetic ire at him and the Times newspaper group?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.