The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

They're just a throwback to when football was played differently. Defend well, be physical, close the ball down, get it forward quickly and support the bloke(s) up front.
These last few years possession and trying to walk the ball into the net has become all the rage. Meaningless stats are displayed every game. Possession, number of passes, passing accuracy, shots, shots on target, corners, touches in opponents half, touches in opponents box, action areas(?). People are being seduced by this meaningless bollocks. I don't need stats to tell me what I can see in front of me! On Tuesday, we had more possession, more shots on and off target but never really looked in the game. There was no stat to say Newcastle wanted it a bit more and, as they've far more to lose than we have currently, why it's such a huge shock is beyond me). At the risk of sounding very old school, the only stat that matters is how many goals you've got in relation to how many they've got. Always has been and always will be.

They're just a throwback to when football was played differently. Defend well, be physical, close the ball down, get it forward quickly and support the bloke(s) up front.
These last few years possession and trying to walk the ball into the net has become all the rage. Meaningless stats are displayed every game. Possession, number of passes, passing accuracy, shots, shots on target, corners, touches in opponents half, touches in opponents box, action areas(?). People are being seduced by this meaningless bollocks. I don't need stats to tell me what I can see in front of me! On Tuesday, we had more possession, more shots on and off target but never really looked in the game. There was no stat to say Newcastle wanted it a bit more and, as they've far more to lose than we have currently, why it's such a huge shock is beyond me). At the risk of sounding very old school, the only stat that matters is how many goals you've got in relation to how many they've got. Always has been and always will be.

Mate, I think that is the best piece I have read on the subject, ANYWHERE!
Absolutely back of the net.

Yes, the more I read this thread and hear about the dramatic, even unbelievable stories of the players last season and their improvement this season is too good to be true! Last year I kind of recall Leicester being overrun all over their team and to see this years performance from them is out of this world!

It will no doubt go unnoticed by the authorities.
They will turn a blind eye.way too much money to be lost in claim and counter claim if the allegations prove to be true..that the pinnacle of english football has just been duped into believing a fairytale.
that pre season training camp at Austria( the one that new manager raineri joined half way thru ..) must have been a fantastic breeding ground for high level football coaching and training,not to mention the really challenging pre season friendlies against lincoln mansfield and birmingham..i mean the other local midlands teams fans must have been bowled over by the brilliant football they saw from leicester...its probably these canny midlanders who all rushed to put their hard earned dough on the foxes for the title at 5000/1.

I wonder when the film will be rushed out?
Does anybody know who vardy scored his 5 league goals against last season,just out of interest?

And the simplistic but blinding tatical approach was down to..
1.nigel pearson..who discovered them, suddenly,in April 2015 before he was sacked,or
2.ranieri who joined the club on the 13th july 2015..or
3.the immensley talented leicester city players themselves,who didn,t really need coaching,just a bit of direction from the new manager,whose playing style was of course exactly the same as pearson.two peas in a pod.

1.nigel pearson..who discovered them, suddenly,in April 2015 before he was sacked,or
3.the immensley talented leicester city players themselves,who didn,t really need coaching,just a bit of direction from the new manager,whose playing style was of course exactly the same as pearson.two peas in a pod.
Cynical!

Pearson was a strange one. Some, or many insist thst he was a smaller part of the great escape thx. Is popularly claimed. He was, tactically, very naieve. It is also, common knowledge, that at the depth of last seasons slump, when we were rock bottom, but never getting tonked,(bad luck?), a players meeting was called by Esteban Cambiasso. They thrashed out the problems, and took them to Pearson. Subsequently', we we t to three at the back, and began to press the ball mu h more.
For whatever reasons, Pearson was binned, and The Don brought in. This man is on a far higher plane than Nige, and possibly most prem coaches. He has brought a proper gane plan, a simple one, but one that is difficult to do anything about if your players are not as mentally and physically strong. He and his team know what they want from a player, and are patiently building a squad of like minded, young mads. Demarai Grey, and Daniei Amartey being good examples.
So , I dont go with the drugs, bent refs/ FA officials, dodgy betting syndicates theory. I reckon it is down to focused recruitment, good coaching, and people pulling thrir heads out of their arses and approaching the game in a less fashion led manner.

Pearson was a strange one. Some, or many insist thst he was a smaller part of the great escape thx. Is popularly claimed. He was, tactically, very naieve. It is also, common knowledge, that at the depth of last seasons slump, when we were rock bottom, but never getting tonked,(bad luck?), a players meeting was called by Esteban Cambiasso. They thrashed out the problems, and took them to Pearson. Subsequently', we we t to three at the back, and began to press the ball mu h more.
For whatever reasons, Pearson was binned, and The Don brought in. This man is on a far higher plane than Nige, and possibly most prem coaches. He has brought a proper gane plan, a simple one, but one that is difficult to do anything about if your players are not as mentally and physically strong. He and his team know what they want from a player, and are patiently building a squad of like minded, young mads. Demarai Grey, and Daniei Amartey being good examples.
So , I dont go with the drugs, bent refs/ FA officials, dodgy betting syndicates theory. I reckon it is down to focused recruitment, good coaching, and people pulling thrir heads out of their arses and approaching the game in a less fashion led manner.
Would you think the same if Norwich suddenly topped the table next season ?
As a fan have you noticed a difference in vardys fitness levels this time ,he hasn't always been that fit has he ?

Would you think the same if Norwich suddenly topped the table next season ?
As a fan have you noticed a difference in vardys fitness levels this time ,he hasn't always been that fit has he ?
Well, yes. He's known for his work rate and pace. Many say thats all he has! Ditto Kante and Albrighton, Okasaki too. Its why they were signed!
As for Norwich, it would surprise me with their present team. If they try to out pass everyone, no chance, keep it simple, you never know.
There was no mention of drugs when we were getting narrowly beaten every week. What happened with nine games to go, did the roids just,"kick in"?

Well, yes. He's known for his work rate and pace. Many say thats all he has! Ditto Kante and Albrighton, Okasaki too. Its why they were signed!
As for Norwich, it would surprise me with their present team. If they try to out pass everyone, no chance, keep it simple, you never know.
There was no mention of drugs when we were getting narrowly beaten every week. What happened with nine games to go, did the roids just,"kick in"?
If Norwich going top with a poor team would surprise you ,this is why Leicester going top has surprised everyone else and probably why the doping allegations allegations won't go away .
PS think you are tempting fate wearing those champions scarf's

If Norwich going top with a poor team would surprise you ,this is why Leicester going top has surprised everyone else and probably why the doping allegations allegations won't go away .
PS think you are tempting fate wearing those champions scarf's
Norwich are no where near as good as we were at this stage. We had Cambiasso! I fear youre right about the scarves. Im certainly not wearing one, hardly any are. Just a handfull of soppy old dears who the TV cameras chose to highlight. For the first time, Im scepticsl about winning it, spudz look unstoppable at the mo. Despite having such a settled team being seen as a dark factor, fuelled by PED's, our players are blowing out of their arses. You see, we dont really have a second string like you and the rest of the super rich, they HAVE to play, and hace played THROUGH INJURY on plenty of occasions. Its called heart and desire, it goes a long way, and is seldom present in "superstars".
I genuinely hope you win the European Cup, for the old school Man City and Pellergrini. No begrudging here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.