The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

Norwich are no where near as good as we were at this stage. We had Cambiasso! I fear youre right about the scarves. Im certainly not wearing one, hardly any are. Just a handfull of soppy old dears who the TV cameras chose to highlight. For the first time, Im scepticsl about winning it, spudz look unstoppable at the mo. Despite having such a settled team being seen as a dark factor, fuelled by PED's, our players are blowing out of their arses. You see, we dont really have a second string like you and the rest of the super rich, they HAVE to play, and hace played THROUGH INJURY on plenty of occasions. Its called heart and desire, it goes a long way, and is seldom present in "superstars".
I genuinely hope you win the European Cup, for the old school Man City and Pellergrini. No begrudging here.
I used Norwich as they were pretty much are where you came from last season.
Its more than the odd one or 2 with the scarf's tho.
I hope you win it but I've got a funny feeling your going to blow it .
Think Chelsea may lay down for you to stop spurs winning it tho !

I used Norwich as they were pretty much are where you came from last season.
Its more than the odd one or 2 with the scarf's tho.
I hope you win it but I've got a funny feeling your going to blow it .
Think Chelsea may lay down for you to stop spurs winning it tho !
Everyone has their dickheads, some on here prove that!

Norwich are no where near as good as we were at this stage. We had Cambiasso! I fear youre right about the scarves. Im certainly not wearing one, hardly any are. Just a handfull of soppy old dears who the TV cameras chose to highlight. For the first time, Im scepticsl about winning it, spudz look unstoppable at the mo. Despite having such a settled team being seen as a dark factor, fuelled by PED's, our players are blowing out of their arses. You see, we dont really have a second string like you and the rest of the super rich, they HAVE to play, and hace played THROUGH INJURY on plenty of occasions. Its called heart and desire, it goes a long way, and is seldom present in "superstars".
I genuinely hope you win the European Cup, for the old school Man City and Pellergrini. No begrudging here.

What a load of bollocks, they HAVE to play through injuries haha, I take it you will line up with ten men then in Vardys absence? No you have replacements. No one will knock the players having more passion and desire but if any of your players picked up the injuries our main players have had and been out for months they wouldn't play through the pain barriers of hamstrings gone or ligament damage. You have been very lucky with injuries it doesn't change anything admitting it.

I hear where your coming from re smaller squad,and a reduced pool of players to choose from.....and i accept that some comments on this thread( esp.mine) may look like sour grapes...but do you honestly think its a good idea to enter upon anothers teams fans forum and attempt to say that your players are forced to play through injuries or do so due to "heart and desire" without even mentioning the much smaller amount of games you also have to play...
Have you ever played football and experienced the agony of a hamstring or calf strain...you would know it is almost impossible to play with this sort of damage.

All players, at every team, play through a variety of minor knocks and bumps,some often playing when not 100% but that has always been the case, from sunday morning football up to the premierleague.

Pull a hamstring tho, and its all over...you know the sort of injury where speed merchants like vardy would be expected to get at least once a season due to the nature of his game.
or players like kante would expect to pick up at least once a season due to the non-stop running he puts in match after match, and by all accounts during training too, according to his own mananger who was astonished by his efforts during non-competitive action, and was moved to comment upon the same.
Talking to a lad yesterday who had vardy in his fantasy league team-he picked up an injury a few months back and the word was three weeks anticipated absence. my mate dropped him from his FF squad, then was staggered to find vardy back within a week.
i seem to remember kante due to miss two matches around the xmas period due to an injury, but suddenly popping up,straight back in to central midfield after just missing the one.he has not stopped runnning since.

I was all for accepting the fairytale story of your clubs brilliant rise from the foot of the table,almost exactly 12 months ago,..to top of the pile now....i really was and looked forward to the shockwaves it would send round the rest of sport..until the doctors comments were reported.then i had a closer look..and there is far too much which does not stand up to scrutiny..imo.

By way of comparison, Stoke City, who are well used to the demands of the premier league and have been comfortably mid table for years now, struggled badly at the start of this season as they accomodated new signings and got to grips with a completely different style of approach play,albeit implemented by the same manager...they plummeted to the bottom of the prem and strayed there for a while....they slowly but surely( not explosively..) regained their mid table spot as the season progressed.

your own rise from April 2015 has been incredible..

Everyone has their dickheads, some on here prove that!
Why insult me ?
Take Swansea,take palace all in the same position as yourself last season if any other team had changed from relegation fighters to champions over a season you yourself would ask questions .yourself
I would think someone who says a player can play through any injury is a dickhead myself regardless if he cost 50million or 50 p

Yeah because Leicester aren't 'super rich' with an owner of a net worth of £3 billion and all that PL money. Still paying subs to play and train I heard.

Nice to see a Leicester fan on here. I served with a Major in a unit who was dye in the wool Leicester. He was near the end of 37 years service, and we managed to get him a signed Leicester top as part of his leaving presentation. Now, after 37 years he was a hardened fucker, but I tell you, the presentation of that top brought a tear to the fella's eye. When I see Leicester top of the league I think of him, and smile knowing that he's been going mental all season. I hope you win it

Welcome to our forum Lineker's Boxers. I don't believe the drugs thing either. It's easy for people to put out smears like that but where is the concrete evidence?

Anyway I hope Leicester do it as we can't. I have a nasty feeling an ominous looking Tottenham will win all their games and you'll drop enough points to allow them to win it - the Vardy ban makes it harder. I hope I am wrong of course - it would be a great story and I have never liked Tottenham especially since '81.

As for players playing through injury you are wrong - eg our own "superstars" David Silva and Sergio Aguero frequently play with injuries. Silva has been kicked at least once a game on his painful ankle for all the 6 years he has been here and are finally slowing him up - only this season and later on in the campaign has he been rested - the guy is as brave as anyone and as committed too.

Anyway good luck to the Foxes - really hope you do it mate.

Last edited:
Welcome to our forum Lineker's Boxers. I don't believe the drugs thing either. It's easy for people to put out smears like that but where is the concrete evidence?

Anyway I hope Leicester do it as we can't. I have a nasty feeling an ominous looking Tottenham will win all their games and you'll drop enough points to allow them to win it - the Vardy ban makes it harder. I hope I am wrong of course - it would be a great story and I have never liked Tottenham especially since '81.

As for players playing through injury you are wrong - eg our own "superstars" David Silva and Sergio Aguero frequently play with injuries. Silva has been kicked at least once a game on his painful ankle for all the 6 years he has been here and irbid finally slowing him up - only this season and ot later on in the campaign has he been rested - the guy is as brave as anyone and as committee too.

Anyway good luck to the Foxes - really hope you do it mate.

Good post

Up the foxes !

Breaking: Liverpool's Sakho suspended after failing drugs test.

Can't wait for the "their is no doping in England" brigade to arrive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.