The TV Quiz Show Thread

Time to end this sneerfest?

It's based on a misconception anyway.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge; not knowing something makes you ignorant (at least of that fact).

Intelligence, broadly speaking, is the ability to do something with the facts at your disposal.

It's possible to be highly intelligent and not know the capital of Estonia.

Most questions on TV quiz shows are testing knowledge not intelligence.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge; not knowing something makes you ignorant (at least of that fact).

Intelligence, broadly speaking, is the ability to do something with the facts at your disposal.

It's the ignorance that's being sneered at...not the intelligence. They make me feel more knowledgable :)

I accidentally recorded an episode of this from either Monday or Tuesday and watched it at 3.30 am when I couldn’t sleep. Obviously (?!) I got a dud group, they were so clueless it was unbelievable. I hope that was not the level the producers were aiming for!

EDIT: I had hoped it would send me back to sleep but I was so amazed at how they’d got through an audition and so busy shouting (in my head, the neighbours were asleep, what kind of person do you think I am!!) at them and telling them the answers it made me more wide awake so I ended up watching Traitors US. That’s some of my life I’ll never get back! I wish I could sleep. :-) ;-)
Me too, Eccles. Is not sleeping a function of getting old? I get about 5 hours a night, feel ok, but I should get more.

There was a woman in her mid-forties on Tipping Point the other night. She had to name a Prime minister during a certain period. She said she only knew of 2 Prime Ministers. I find that quite worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.