The two faces of Terry...............

At the end of the day, Terry didn't come. Presumably City thought he might up until he announced he was staying at Chelsea, or we wouldn't have handled the deal in the way we did.

Whether he was using us or whether he genuinely thought he was interested in a move at the time is pure conjecture. No one knows but him. I personally wish him well in helping his club to better our neighbours in the next couple of years (when we, as a work in progress, won't overhaul them). And I think we'll still manage to sign decent players who'll help us to improve.

Would have been great had Terry joined us, but he hasn't. We can still have a bright future. Let's just leave it at that.

Am I the only one who is happy that we didn't get Terry?
Overpriced and overrated. Never seems to go ten games without injury. A master of self promotion ("When will I be back, doc? Two weeks? Hello, Press office, this is JT, tell 'em I'll be back in four weeks - when I return in two, the fans and media will lap it up! Captain Courageous plays through the pain barrier!").
I know, I know, he's England captain and to those of you who have been reared up on that, it's a special and revered position but (and I've no wish to be crassly provocative) for those of us that haven't been hand-reared on an aberration that is that 1960's, one-off victory - the position of England captain does not carry any great weight. Like I say, not wishing to pull anybody's chain with that comment - just stating an honest fact.
In fact, the only good thing about having him would have been that the Premiership referees are stuck up his a**e and he cannot seem to give away a free kick. Christ, even his red card for the rugby tackle on Jo was reversed!

So, why wasn't I saying this whilst the saga was going on? Call me old fashioned but I'm inclined to give every City player (and potential player) a fair chance before I round up the posse an hang 'em high.

No, we dodged a bullet with "Mr. Chelsea", in my humble etc.

mad4city said:
Am I the only one who is happy that we didn't get Terry?
Overpriced and overrated. Never seems to go ten games without injury. A master of self promotion ("When will I be back, doc? Two weeks? Hello, Press office, this is JT, tell 'em I'll be back in four weeks - when I return in two, the fans and media will lap it up! Captain Courageous plays through the pain barrier!").
I know, I know, he's England captain and to those of you who have been reared up on that, it's a special and revered position but (and I've no wish to be crassly provocative) for those of us that haven't been hand-reared on an aberration that is that 1960's, one-off victory - the position of England captain does not carry any great weight. Like I say, not wishing to pull anybody's chain with that comment - just stating an honest fact.
In fact, the only good thing about having him would have been that the Premiership referees are stuck up his a**e and he cannot seem to give away a free kick. Christ, even his red card for the rugby tackle on Jo was reversed!

So, why wasn't I saying this whilst the saga was going on? Call me old fashioned but I'm inclined to give every City player (and potential player) a fair chance before I round up the posse an hang 'em high.

No, we dodged a bullet with "Mr. Chelsea", in my humble etc.

You're not the only one who's happy he won't be playing for us next season.

Noel Gallagher thinks he's got 'funny eyes' and he's a 'cry baby' - lol

spursmad321 said:
This is from the top table they are very very annoyed with Terry decision to stay at Chelski, they were very confident that he would join, he has always given the impression he would join City and said so in many discussions. He even threatened to hand in a transfer request if he had to. This is why City didn't pull the plug on the deal because they always believed it would happen, unlike the Eto'o deal.

Spursmad321

Err..but Terry was silent for 24 days until his statement, so how did he say that he wanted to join City "in so many discussions"? Any proof that he threatened to hand in a transfer request apart from the usual busscrap of speculations and shot in the dark of the anti-chelsea red top worshipping papers about the transfer request?
I dont believe for even a second that he would hand in a transfer request. I did say this is the Terry therad for proof.

Although marginly disappointed by the Terry saga, the club have delivered with Kolo, and although Richards really got on my tits last season with all his home made hullabaloo.... fooking DJ bollocks, I really believe he and one or two others will come on leaps and bounds this season.

So, for me, if it involves Richards to prise Lescott from that lot then no thank you. We'll pop back at Christmas hey...................

For Terry not to come out and say 'NO' on day one, like he did in January, shows that he definately considered it.

To send Dunnie back to Everton as part of the deal for big Les would be ideal. They defo need another CB if they let him go and on his day Dunnie can be mint. It's just that 'those' days don't happen often enough for a club trying to break the top 4!

Who cares ?

40 million is too much for a CB with back problems, also he would have been the highest played player at the club (maybe the world atm).

Im very happy we didnt sign him, he is a quality leader and would have added something, but not enough to warrant that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.