The Under 21-s

Frimpong looks shorter.What is the relevance?
City have been keen on signing tall powerful fullbacks recently - Danilo/Walker/Mendy, rumoured interest in Junior Firpo, Wan Bissaka etc. You've compared Frimpong to Wan-Bissaka, hence the question.

Frimpong is small but pretty damn quick. Played out of position today as a wide right player and really he doesnt play well there imo. No lack of effort but I don't think he has the touch required for a "midfield" player from the few times I have seen him in that role. As a full back I am not sure how good he is defensively , certainly not as good as Bisaka from what I have seen of him. Excellent prospect though.

I certainly had Doyle as my MotM especially in the first half. He seems to be able to find those pockets of space and also times runs well to get behind defences as he did for our second goal which came from his cross. But let's not go OTT about being a first team player next season. Too young and masses of learning to do but I am sure Pep knows all about him. Future first team prospect for sure.

7 of today's team started in the under 18's team on Monday in the youth cup semi. The Mangler did ok with some great clearances but he aint suited to passing out from the back. Notably though they scored 2 quite quickly after he and Sandler went off!

City have been keen on signing tall powerful fullbacks recently - Danilo/Walker/Mendy, rumoured interest in Junior Firpo, Wan Bissaka etc. You've compared Frimpong to Wan-Bissaka, hence the question.
I was talking ability and style,not physique.

Frimpong is small but pretty damn quick. Played out of position today as a wide right player and really he doesnt play well there imo. No lack of effort but I don't think he has the touch required for a "midfield" player from the few times I have seen him in that role. As a full back I am not sure how good he is defensively , certainly not as good as Bisaka from what I have seen of him. Excellent prospect though.

I certainly had Doyle as my MotM especially in the first half. He seems to be able to find those pockets of space and also times runs well to get behind defences as he did for our second goal which came from his cross. But let's not go OTT about being a first team player next season. Too young and masses of learning to do but I am sure Pep knows all about him. Future first team prospect for sure.
No reason Doyle can't be in and around the first team though,slowly integrated towards a start in a league Cup game or similar,nothing seems to faze him and i think he has the ability/strength to cope.Foden has managed it,so why not this kid too?

No reason Doyle can't be in and around the first team though,slowly integrated towards a start in a league Cup game or similar,nothing seems to faze him and i think he has the ability/strength to cope.Foden has managed it,so why not this kid too?
Can't disagree with any of that, he won't be 18 until October but I can't see any reason he won't be integrated over the next season into the 1st team squad while turning out for the U23's & U21's UEFA teams.

For the people who have bemoaned City not playing enough of the kids in the recent past, I think the next few seasons may just open a few eyes with the quality we've got coming through plus the crazy transfer market. Exciting times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.