"The Voice" of football

Davies and Sindstadt in my teens, Coleman and Wolstenhome from my early years. Not arsed now they all trot out how much money we have spent bla bla bla

The best by a massive distance was Barry Davis, utter class, no bias, no playing to the masses just quality. What we have now is utter rubbish from idiots who think their opinion is of any relevance to others who are there for every reason but football reasons. I think there is now cause for giving people the option of no commentators as they now are mostly an irritation. Same with the studio guests, bar a tiny minority most are an annoyance there to just back their clubs or are there for token reasons. I now never watch pre match, half time or full time analysis as I am sick of the both biased or badly misinformed rubbish that they mostly come out with added to that I will watch it on a foreign station so as not to have to listen to these idiots utter crap which totally spoils the game.
Motson v Davies was the Beatles v Stones or Blur v Oasis battle of the age. Was always Team Barry in our house.
That said, I will always associate Gerald Sinsdadt with City more than any other commentator as he covered our games much more often on ITV’s The Kick Off Match

Thanks, never knew his name I bet not many do. But as soon as you hear the voice you think football results.
Well, ppl can't have been listening if they never heard of him. For years, the script was:
"Here are the football results, read by James Alexander Gordon."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.