The Waiting List

Manchester_lalala said:
summerseat blue said:
If SC holders from level 2 CB and ES move on mass to the new stand, how many will take up the SC in the expensive seats. Can't see many on the waiting list taking up these seats. The club must have some idea who will surely.

This is why a fair amount of the 7500 will not go through with getting a ticket. Most people would of signed up when they saw 300 quid season tickets being offered, unaware that current season ticket holders get first served. I'm not complaining as I'm not too fussed about paying 500-600.
The reason i ask is that i'm 3,200 on the waiting list and it looks like the only SC's left will be the most expensive. I was willing to pay up to 500 quid SC in the new stand. Might after wait till the north stand is expanded.

summerseat blue said:
Manchester_lalala said:
summerseat blue said:
If SC holders from level 2 CB and ES move on mass to the new stand, how many will take up the SC in the expensive seats. Can't see many on the waiting list taking up these seats. The club must have some idea who will surely.

This is why a fair amount of the 7500 will not go through with getting a ticket. Most people would of signed up when they saw 300 quid season tickets being offered, unaware that current season ticket holders get first served. I'm not complaining as I'm not too fussed about paying 500-600.
The reason i ask is that i'm 3,200 on the waiting list and it looks like the only SC's left will be the most expensive. I was willing to pay up to 500 quid SC in the new stand. Might after wait till the north stand is expanded.

The most expensive in the extended stand are 599 so at 3200 I,d think you have a fair chance.

summerseat blue said:
Manchester_lalala said:
summerseat blue said:

Isn't the highest price season ticket for the new stand £469? Sure I read that somewhere

Someone has recently posted on the Stadium Expansion thread a waiting list number of 9135. Seems as though its a steady drip of people joining and bodes well for filling the expanded South Stand. Must give the Club confidence for the North Stand expansion.

waspish said:
summerseat blue said:
Manchester_lalala said:

Isn't the highest price season ticket for the new stand £469? Sure I read that somewhere

Yep

I understand the club's strategy of making the 2nd tier a higher prices, corporate section. Our increase in capacity of 6000, averaged at £40 a game works out as £240,000 a game, or about £6m a season. That's great, but to put it in context, it wouldn't even pay Joe Hart's wages for a year.

The reason for expansion is to increase our corporate offering, where we can charge 4 or 5 times the amount for the same seat. I'm sure we will fill the new stand no problem. The issue is whether we will fill the corporate seats on level 2 around the ground. I just don't see how we can attract big enough numbers of corporates to make it viable.

All of the London clubs obviously have a gigantic market on their doorstep of corporate customers and tourists from overseas. As much as it pains me, The Shite and Liverpool have the two biggest fan bases in the country, including tens, possibly hundreds of thousands in London, again many of whom will travel up to watch their team on corporate tickets. I just don't see how in the next few years we are going to be able to make a significant dent in that market.

I appreciate there is a corporate market in Manchester and the north, but it is miniscule in comparison with London. I also appreciate we are a growing club, and an attractive proposition to watch because we are successful, have great players and play good football. But the amount of "bankers" who have grown up supporting the Shite and Liverpool across the country who end up with these corporate tickets, will still prefer to go and watch their own team, I don't think we'll be seen as attractive an offer - yet.

As we continue to be successful, I'm sure this market will expand exponentially for us, in ten years I'm sure we'll have a huge corporate take up at City, whether that's a good or a bad thing is up for debate. But in the short term, I would expect tiers 1 and 3 to be at capacity for every home game after the expansion, but would expect the corporate level 2 to be very patchy for the next few years. That's not a reflection of City fans loyalty, it's a reflection, that out of the top 6 or 8 clubs in the country, we're at the biggest disadvantage in attracting this market because of our location, and lack of trophies in the 30 or so years before the take over.

I believe we are now a very viable and credible alternative to United for corporates. I'm not sure were are 100% like for like in terms of kudos, especially with foreign business clients, but we're close enough to not be worried about competing for the corporate market - providing we can remain title contenders and consistently get out of the CL group stages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.