The Waiting List

CC1 said:
You are very hard to please. Statistics place City as having one of the cheapest season ticket structure and as it keeps being pointed out (yet you ignore it) our owner has to abide by FFP

I keep ignoring it because I don't believe that other clubs ripping off their supporters entitles our club to rip off our supporters. As for FFP, I'm afraid you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding - of how a football club has to be run in the current climate. OUr club does try to keep the prices down and, as I have already said, statistics prove that considering the players we have and the recent success, our tickets are more than value for money. However, it's a game of opinions and nothing is going to change yours

And I'm sure nothing will change yours. I'm well aware of how football clubs are run, but that doesnt mean that I will blindly accept every decision they make. I'm not sure what that had to do with you making a repeated claim that people expect things for free when its totally not the case.

Value for money is very subjective, personally I dont consider what I currently pay VFM but thats for me to sort out. I dont pay for the players or success, I go to see 11 men represent my club to the best of their ability. So I don't expect to be charged extra for the privelige of watching a succesful team just as I don't expect a discount because we won nothing last season.

Given the choice, I'd rather buy two season tickets for £200 instead of an XBOX or PS4 at £350+ this Christmas, if I had 2 Children and they supported city.

People complain about the cost of a season ticket, but when you compare it to the cost of a mobile phone, a games console, a tablet, an LCD TV, or any other electrical device, it's pretty much a steal.

You can pay in 4 instalments and the £100 comes of the price of your season ticket. And there's no interest to pay either.

As others have pointed out, some of our fans are never pleased and satisfied.

moomba said:
CC1 said:
You are very hard to please. Statistics place City as having one of the cheapest season ticket structure and as it keeps being pointed out (yet you ignore it) our owner has to abide by FFP

I keep ignoring it because I don't believe that other clubs ripping off their supporters entitles our club to rip off our supporters. As for FFP, I'm afraid you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding - of how a football club has to be run in the current climate. OUr club does try to keep the prices down and, as I have already said, statistics prove that considering the players we have and the recent success, our tickets are more than value for money. However, it's a game of opinions and nothing is going to change yours

And I'm sure nothing will change yours. I'm well aware of how football clubs are run, but that doesnt mean that I will blindly accept every decision they make. I'm not sure what that had to do with you making a repeated claim that people expect things for free when its totally not the case.

Value for money is very subjective, personally I dont consider what I currently pay VFM but thats for me to sort out. I dont pay for the players or success, I go to see 11 men represent my club to the best of their ability. So I don't expect to be charged extra for the privelige of watching a succesful team just as I don't expect a discount because we won nothing last season.

Oh dear. I've never said that I think people expect things for free - READ MY POSTS. I merely point out to you that the club have to abide by FFP and they will never be able to do what you want. In my opinion we do get VFM now - but you could say that we had 44 years of not getting VFM even if the tickets were half the price they are now

I anticipate staying where I am but what kind of conditions come with these £299 seasoncards? Can you buy two together or choose where you sit? I know the value cards have numerous stipulations in place which is fair enough given you're possibly paying half of what someone else is.

Hopefully those on a budget will be able to experience City more regularly than they've been able to with the new initiative.

That is really ignorant thing to say unless you have an individual knowledge of peoples personal circumstances. Similarly I very much doubt the club are basing their price structure on this, more likely the more scientific model of supply and demand.[/quote]

This is completely true! But as a fan and a club that attempts to promote a "family club" or "fan come first", supply and demand is not what us as fan want to hear. We want a club that will consider everyone, not just those with the biggest pockets. Having a Rich owner comes at a cost to the some fans, esspaically the local ones. The more the club continues to grow the more expensive it will become. As a fan I want the best of both worlds, but ulitimly I want to City and fear being priced out over time. I mean how any fan can agreed with the clubs membership policy baffles me. Those who talk about FFP as a reason, must look at the policy and think if it is designed to hurt the fans or protect the clubs.

CC1 said:
moomba said:
CC1 said:

Oh dear. I've never said that I think people expect things for free - READ MY POSTS.

I've read your posts and you say exactly that.

moomba said:
CC1 said:
moomba said:

Oh dear. I've never said that I think people expect things for free - READ MY POSTS.

No i didn't. I was quoting from Tim of the Oak (or whatever his name is). You only see what you want to see

CC1 said:
moomba said:
CC1 said:

No i didn't. I was quoting from Tim of the Oak (or whatever his name is). You only see what you want to see

Yes and I said that he was wrong and people dont think like that. Your response was "afraid they do" or something like that.

Have a season ticket for me and my boy in the North stand and would love a chance of the cheaper tickets because i'm poor, i can't do this because they want £200 up front and i have not got it, had hoped the scheme would be aimed at people like me.

RODDY_CTID said:
That is really ignorant thing to say unless you have an individual knowledge of peoples personal circumstances. Similarly I very much doubt the club are basing their price structure on this, more likely the more scientific model of supply and demand.

This is completely true! But as a fan and a club that attempts to promote a "family club" or "fan come first", supply and demand is not what us as fan want to hear. We want a club that will consider everyone, not just those with the biggest pockets. Having a Rich owner comes at a cost to the some fans, esspaically the local ones. The more the club continues to grow the more expensive it will become. As a fan I want the best of both worlds, but ulitimly I want to City and fear being priced out over time. I mean how any fan can agreed with the clubs membership policy baffles me. Those who talk about FFP as a reason, must look at the policy and think if it is designed to hurt the fans or protect the clubs.[/quote]

I am not advocating basing ticket prices on supply and demand as unfortunately, during successful periods, this is to the detriment of the traditional fanbase and quite rightly I would like the club to be inclusive to all supporters like the models adopted in Germany.

Whether the increase in capacity will positively affect prices or ultimately prove a long term white elephant will only be determined over time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.