The Waiting List

moomba said:
CC1 said:
moomba said:
I've read your posts and you say exactly that.

No i didn't. I was quoting from Tim of the Oak (or whatever his name is). You only see what you want to see

Yes and I said that he was wrong and people dont think like that. Your response was "afraid they do" or something like that.

Dont be pedantic. It's all part of an ongoing discussion and you have taken it out of context. I am sure that nobody would expect anything free - it's just an expression to demonstrate that what some people want is out of reach whatever the ethics of our owners. The bigger picture dictates

bluemoon73 said:
Have a season ticket for me and my boy in the North stand and would love a chance of the cheaper tickets because i'm poor, i can't do this because they want £200 up front and i have not got it, had hoped the scheme would be aimed at people like me.

I don't completely understand the rules but will you not get first choice to relocate to the more affordable section as an existing Seasoncard holder?

Pesonally I dont think what people want is out of reach of the owners. They just had an annual £50-60m bonus courtesy of Sky, we'll soon pocket double champions league money presuming we continue to qualify.

Players get their cut, club gets its cut, agents get their cut, Sky and BT make their money (paid for by football supporters). What did the poor old season ticket holder get? Mine went up by £100+ this season.

I wonder how much TV companies would pay without the atmosphere of the crowd, and without the subscriptions of the football loving community.

Sheikh Mansour said when he took over "we know there wouldnt be a club without you".

The essential truth is ...football will only increase in cost...fact.

I posted on another thread that even on this forum we have city fans arguing with other city fans with some entering the who has got the biggest swinging dick .....lwages wise.

People on decent /big money slagging off others who are less fortunate.

Is that what it's all coming down to???

#Together#

I don't think so.

I'm out!!!

peoffrey said:
bluemoon73 said:
Have a season ticket for me and my boy in the North stand and would love a chance of the cheaper tickets because i'm poor, i can't do this because they want £200 up front and i have not got it, had hoped the scheme would be aimed at people like me.

I don't completely understand the rules but will you not get first choice to relocate to the more affordable section as an existing Seasoncard holder?

I'd guess L2 types would get first bite. Not sure who is next in line, if it is existing ST holders I reckon people on the waiting list will be struggling to get the cheapest ones.

peoffrey said:
bluemoon73 said:

I think- presume he will be able to relocate when -if the times comes,Im also in the north stand with my lad,if these £299 tickets became available I'll be heading " up stairs " too just to save the £200 to £300.I think a lot of other season ticket holders will also opt to relocate to these cheaper tickets,in my view anyway.

blue44 said:
peoffrey said:
bluemoon73 said:

I think- presume he will be able to relocate when -if the times comes,Im also in the north stand with my lad,if these £299 tickets became available I'll be heading " up stairs " too just to save the £200 to £300.I think a lot of other season ticket holders will also opt to relocate to these cheaper tickets,in my view anyway.

For arguments sake, if thousands and thousands of existing Seasoncard holders wanted to relocate to the £299 section then how would City do it when non-Seasoncard holders are paying to go on to a waiting list? I still don't know the rules in place but I'm presuming they'll get first chance for a limited number before they go on sale to the new applicants?

You're never going to please everyone with this and I'm glad it's not my problem to sort out.

franksinatra said:
RODDY_CTID said:
That is really ignorant thing to say unless you have an individual knowledge of peoples personal circumstances. Similarly I very much doubt the club are basing their price structure on this, more likely the more scientific model of supply and demand.

This is completely true! But as a fan and a club that attempts to promote a "family club" or "fan come first", supply and demand is not what us as fan want to hear. We want a club that will consider everyone, not just those with the biggest pockets. Having a Rich owner comes at a cost to the some fans, esspaically the local ones. The more the club continues to grow the more expensive it will become. As a fan I want the best of both worlds, but ulitimly I want to City and fear being priced out over time. I mean how any fan can agreed with the clubs membership policy baffles me. Those who talk about FFP as a reason, must look at the policy and think if it is designed to hurt the fans or protect the clubs.

I am not advocating basing ticket prices on supply and demand as unfortunately, during successful periods, this is to the detriment of the traditional fanbase and quite rightly I would like the club to be inclusive to all supporters like the models adopted in Germany.

Whether the increase in capacity will positively affect prices or ultimately prove a long term white elephant will only be determined over time.[/quote]

I can see that we actually agree on that the club is being run to increase revenues and that we have similar beliefs on what the fans want.

Expanding the stadium and investing is a good aspect, as we both know in the short term it should decrease cost, and I believe if this happen all across the stadium, we will easily fill the ground. The problems that I see is the cost scale ranges between sections of the ground, as a fan who can afford the more expensive tickets will move to cheaper (i can not blame them), My fear is massive blocks of empty seats in the third tier, with people who want to go no longer able to afford them, though a intail solution to this could be to cheapen match day tickets.

peoffrey said:
blue44 said:
peoffrey said:

For arguments sake, if thousands and thousands of existing Seasoncard holders wanted to relocate to the £299 section then how would City do it when non-Seasoncard holders are paying to go on to a waiting list? I still don't know the rules in place but I'm presuming they'll get first chance for a limited number before they go on sale to the new applicants?

You're never going to please everyone with this and I'm glad it's not my problem to sort out.

From what Iv read and understand,any ,that means all 36,000 of us season card holders will have first chance to relocate to these seats once the relocate windows opens before the start of the new season,Iv done 3 times now from the east stand to the south stand and into the family stand 2 years ago

this is why I feel a lot of people going onto this waiting list are going to be very disappointed because I feel in the current economic climate they'll be snapped up by existing card holders and all these people on the waiting list are gonna be able to get a season card but the ones priced £499 and up.

RODDY_CTID said:
franksinatra said:
RODDY_CTID said:
That is really ignorant thing to say unless you have an individual knowledge of peoples personal circumstances. Similarly I very much doubt the club are basing their price structure on this, more likely the more scientific model of supply and demand.

This is completely true! But as a fan and a club that attempts to promote a "family club" or "fan come first", supply and demand is not what us as fan want to hear. We want a club that will consider everyone, not just those with the biggest pockets. Having a Rich owner comes at a cost to the some fans, esspaically the local ones. The more the club continues to grow the more expensive it will become. As a fan I want the best of both worlds, but ulitimly I want to City and fear being priced out over time. I mean how any fan can agreed with the clubs membership policy baffles me. Those who talk about FFP as a reason, must look at the policy and think if it is designed to hurt the fans or protect the clubs.

I am not advocating basing ticket prices on supply and demand as unfortunately, during successful periods, this is to the detriment of the traditional fanbase and quite rightly I would like the club to be inclusive to all supporters like the models adopted in Germany.

Whether the increase in capacity will positively affect prices or ultimately prove a long term white elephant will only be determined over time.

I can see that we actually agree on that the club is being run to increase revenues and that we have similar beliefs on what the fans want.

Expanding the stadium and investing is a good aspect, as we both know in the short term it should decrease cost, and I believe if this happen all across the stadium, we will easily fill the ground. The problems that I see is the cost scale ranges between sections of the ground, as a fan who can afford the more expensive tickets will move to cheaper (i can not blame them), My fear is massive blocks of empty seats in the third tier, with people who want to go no longer able to afford them, though a intail solution to this could be to cheapen match day tickets.[/quote]

Well if the new prices are to go by there is no evidence an increase in capacity will lower prices, with the lowest the same as the value card. I also think like others many existing ticket holders will move into the £299, leaving many disappointed.

Incidentally if a fan pays a £100 deposit and then is unable to secure a seat in his chosen price bracket will he lose the money or be refunded?

Having many thousand empty seats can also negatively affect the attendance as rightly or wrongly many like to be part of a full crown rather than stuck in empty blocks surrounded by empty seats. Football in the UK is experiencing record attendances but the margins of affordability are becomingly increasingly squeezed and once people lose the habit of attending, potentially they may never return.

The answer has always been safe standing but I appreciate that will probably never happen in the short term.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.