The 'We Want Martin Petrov Out' Thread

all full backs must be good attackers (or get them out)
all wingers must be good defenders (or get them out)

thats a general rule nowadays
-y dont we just play wingers at the back & full backs up front it seems the only solution to me

go petrov

bring back boji

Why not? We let last seasons top scorer go out on loan, because he hasn't come back from injury in top form. We have a 21 year old striker who had 7 goals in 15 starts, playing upfront on his own out on loan aswell. We stuck with Bojinov right up until the minute he recovered from injury, before farming him out. We spent £18m on a forward and shipped him out long before he could find his feet in England.

I hope Santa Cruz doesn't go on an injury free run. Before he knows it he'll be on his way to Serie A as a makeweight for an African who can't get a work permit.

good post the main problem bobby has it to keep them happy and playing even more so in world cup year.
we must have a bigger and better squad than the dippers spuds and villa to get the top 4 spot cos as sure as eggs are eggs injuries will happen to all the teams I mentioned.
I would start petrov/vierra/johnson/taylor in sticks against maybe bolton and def stoke to freshen it up with a strong bench.
petrov is a good player on his day but FFS why dont managers play wingers on the side of the field they were brought up to play on you very seldom see a peter barnes skinning the fullback getting to the touchline and pulling back a good cross still the hardest thing to defend in football staggers me!!!

Fanzone Danny said:
the fact he is a complete liability defensively and would be interesting to see how many goals this season he has cost us,

I'd also like to see this, if anyone can assist? Considering he wasn't playing much under Hughes and our defence has leaked very few since Mancini came in I'd hazard a guess that Petrov has cost us very few or even no goals at all

Fanzone Danny said:
doesn't have the heart or inclination to go in for challenges, goes missing for large periods of games and from all accounts is really arrogant guy who doesn't give a toss about a set of fans who in the main support him every game whether he is on the pitch or on the bench.

Arrogance I don't mind in a footballer. As for him not giving a toss about us lot, then I can't say I've ever felt that way with him. It's not like he's been waxing lyrical about other clubs like Robbie was and Petrov always gives 100% on the pitch. That will do for me and that's as much of a toss I expect from a City player

Fanzone Danny said:
So I can understand why fans aint bothered if we let him go but for once I am sat on the fence with regards to him and think we have bigger fish to fry than if he stays or goes.

Yea but with our resources you could say that with almost any player in the squad. We could have bigger fish to fry than Shay, Lescott, Toure, Micah, SWP, Barry etc. Point is Petrov has been quality ever since he settled in with us (took about 7 games in his first season) and is a good member of the squad. We're probably gonna be in Europe next year which will be an extra competition and Petrov could prove to be as valuable as he's always been since he came in

Some of the stuff written about him on here in the last week is absolutely ridiculous. I find it pretty astounding considering he's been a good player for us this season

The Fat el Hombre said:
This is a thread for all those who want Martin Petrov out of our club as there seems to be an awful lot of us knocking about here all of a sudden. Despite being one of our better performers this season, we've decided that we should sack him off in the summer and let him join one of our close rivals on a free. Now that we've signed an unproven kid from middlesbrough with a handful of premier league starts, we see no reason why we would want a player with 5 goals and 7 assists from 10 games this season (stats courtesy of bluenova) in our squad. Yes we know he's got a rocket of a shot and is the bets crosser of the ball at the club, but he doesn't win enough 50/50's and that's what attacking players are all about isn't it?

We also hate the way he wants to win so much and sometimes gets frustrated on the pitch when things aren't going his way. It was also unacceptable that he was unhappy at being frozen out by our previous, inept manager. We know he has since said he's very happy, wants to stay, that he was just pissed off with previous poor management and Mancini obviously rates him, but he's made his bed now and he's gonna have to lie in it. Also, at 31, he is too old. No top teams have players of his age in, FACT

And let's not forget the cardinal sin of pointing to his name on the back of his shirt every time he bangs one in.

And worst of all, worst of fucking all. Some of us saw him having a quiet meal with his family and when we interrupted him to pester him for a photo he wouldn't fucking do it. If that's not a good enough reason to get rid I don't know what is. PETROV OUT

So just to recap, we want Petrov out because:
We don't like his celebration (this is worse than you think because he scores a lot so we see it quite often)
He's too competetive and wants to win too much
At 31 he's too experienced
He doesn't win enough challenges and will never make a good left back

lol, sarcasm at it's best.

A very well constructed post!

The Fat el Hombre said:
Fanzone Danny said:
the fact he is a complete liability defensively and would be interesting to see how many goals this season he has cost us,

I'd also like to see this, if anyone can assist? Considering he wasn't playing much under Hughes and our defence has leaked very few since Mancini came in I'd hazard a guess that Petrov has cost us very few or even no goals at all

Fanzone Danny said:
doesn't have the heart or inclination to go in for challenges, goes missing for large periods of games and from all accounts is really arrogant guy who doesn't give a toss about a set of fans who in the main support him every game whether he is on the pitch or on the bench.

don't doubt what u r saying Al just playing devils advocate really as personally I can take or leave petrov. From a personal point of view I can't relate at all to petrov as I struggle with his body language and attitude towards fans (again only going off what I have heard from half a dozen people including ones within the club) can't doubt what u say about his contribution going forward and if u were to ask me should we try and keep him given where we could be next season I'd probably say keep him

Arrogance I don't mind in a footballer. As for him not giving a toss about us lot, then I can't say I've ever felt that way with him. It's not like he's been waxing lyrical about other clubs like Robbie was and Petrov always gives 100% on the pitch. That will do for me and that's as much of a toss I expect from a City player

Fanzone Danny said:
So I can understand why fans aint bothered if we let him go but for once I am sat on the fence with regards to him and think we have bigger fish to fry than if he stays or goes.

Yea but with our resources you could say that with almost any player in the squad. We could have bigger fish to fry than Shay, Lescott, Toure, Micah, SWP, Barry etc. Point is Petrov has been quality ever since he settled in with us (took about 7 games in his first season) and is a good member of the squad. We're probably gonna be in Europe next year which will be an extra competition and Petrov could prove to be as valuable as he's always been since he came in

Some of the stuff written about him on here in the last week is absolutely ridiculous. I find it pretty astounding considering he's been a good player for us this season

kippax71 said:
As much as I would like to see Petrov stay the fact he is a fooking lazy bastard who doesnt track back. For me the best game he played for us was against Blackburn when he ran the line beating the defence and putting in some awesome crosses. Unfortunatly he now decides that it is not what a winger should do and instead decides to travel with the ball into the centre of the pitch. Although it was a funny sarcastic post the facts still are that he is not operating as an out and out winger and the reason he plays on the right is because he offers no cover for Garido. Strange really when the majority of the board slammed Robinho for the same thing but it seems okay for Petrov to do it.

you do realise this has absolutely nothing to do with Petrov not being arsed to run up the wing don't you???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.