The "which famous person died today" thread

Actress Roberta Taylor died on 6th July, due to an infection caused by a fall two months prior. Known as Inspector Gina Gold from The Bill, which she played very well. I always loved that series and was really disappointed when they stopped it.
Roberta was also in Eastenders too.

Sad, she seemed a lovely woman.

A long fantastic life for John. I've been a fan since the Beano album when Clapton was awesome, then came Peter Green who was awesome, then came Mick Taylor who was awesome, they all did their apprenticeship in the Bluesbreakers and all left to form or join other bands.

I love his early albums, my favourite being Bare Wires but also Jazz Blues Fusion and Laurel Canyon. I remember he was from Macclesfield, moved to London for gigs and recording, then went for a holiday to Laurel canyon in LA and decided this was where he would live, so he moved there.
He's played gigs all his life, he lived a life he must have dreamed off. He will be missed. RIP John and thanks for the great music.

This track seems fitting. I Know Now.

Last edited:
JOHN MAYALL
Several British popular musicians have been knighted, but the one who deserved that honour most never achieved that distinction. John Mayall changed the face of British popular music beyond recognition. His blues revolution swept the country and led to the British Invasion of the US.
I had the pleasure and privilege of seeing the Bluesbreakers many times in the late 60s. At one time or another the Bluesbreakers included Eric Clapton. Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John Mcvie, Mick Taylor, Adrian Dunbar and many other talented musicians.
The band never stood still as Mayall constantly switched the sound and style he was looking for. He became a hero in US where his revival of the blues, moribund there at the time, reintroduced America to its own black music.
As a student and a young musician he lived within a stone’s throw of Maine Road, but there is no evidence that he became a Blue, as well as a Bluesbreaker.
A true great of British music has gone but left behind a legacy of great tracks and great players.
RIP John Mayall.

Last edited:
One of most influential British musicians of all time. Personally, I didn't particularly like his stuff, just too bluesy for me, but when I have listened to his stuff and Bluesbreakers I had to doff my cap and say wow, that's a proper musician at work. Just because you don't particularly like someone or something doesn't mean you can't acknowledge pure talent. RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.