The "which famous person died today" thread

Yes he was holed up in a church in Hulme for maybe 2 years claiming sanctuary. The police raided the church and he was deported to Sri Lanka but he ended up marrying a British women so he could stay in Europe and they settled in Germamy.
Around the same time, Lanky had an opening batsman with the same name. The joke at the time was why the police didn't arrest him when on his way to Old Trafford instead of storming the church.

Nigel Perrin was an English counter-tenor of outstanding ability and admirable range. His early talent was nurtured in the choirs of Ely Cathedral and King's College, Cambridge, and he was a member of the King's Singers for 11 years

Yes he was holed up in a church in Hulme for maybe 2 years claiming sanctuary. The police raided the church and he was deported to Sri Lanka but he ended up marrying a British women so he could stay in Europe and they settled in Germamy.
Bloody hell, I remember him. In my time at Birm Uni, I organised a whip round to support him. Ended up going back to Manchester to hand over the money (mysteriously with a gorgeous blonde girl in tow). Had no idea of what happened to him and even less about my blonde companion

You must be as old as me!! Complete agree
Nope. My Genesis love in started in late 70s when I first heard
Follow you, follow me.......even now ,to this day,the opening keyboard riffs to that song bring tears to my eyes.....I listened to it, on ,my little radio,same radio I heard that Tommy Booth had scored in the 86th minute at Peterborough, and of course the Paul Power goal at Villa Park,1981....I digress. ( I'm pissed)
I had no idea about early Genesis. I got a job in the Civil service and met a man called Mick Swannell. He leant me the album Seconds Out.
,I'd never heard of the old stuff. It blue me away.i heard Suppers ready for the first time..that was it.i them delved deep into the back catalogue, and found music, of such high quality I was blown away. Ie ...Sellinging England by the Pound album.........
I'll stop here. Or I'll be on all night, off topic
I love Genesis . Brilliant musicians.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.