The "which famous person died today" thread

Alain Delon - noted actor died at 88. A very good looking man he graced the French film industry for many years often alongside Jean Paul Belmondo. Best films were Rocco and his brothers, Borsalino and Plein Soleil. He did several Hollywood productions too. (Airport and Texas across the river, Red Sun) but preferred to star in French movies. Delon had connections with real gangsters and his wife was linked to a series of high placed sex scandals but this only enhanced his fame.

Last edited:
Maybe not famous outside of Ireland, journalist Neil McCafferty has died. A bit of a rebel in her day.
She once met a group of supporters at Dún Laoghaire ferry port travelling to a City match.
I have a feeling it may have been the one where we lost to the rags 3 2 . Keane and Quinn scored 2 goals each.
She was writing a story on " daft fans " who followed their team, through thick and thin.
She was amazed at how some lads had travelled from Kerry and Cork or just finished work, were travelling to Holyhead, B& B in Wales, coach by match and back home again. She was taken aback when she realised that a lot of the lads still had a few hundred miles to travel when they arrived back to Dublin.
There was an article and our photo in The Sunday Tribune. Lads from the Dublin branch might remember it better.
A few years later I was at a Michael Jackson concert with the kids when I noticed a woman waving from the press area.
Nell called us over and got great seats for us.
She reckoned anyone daft enough to go and watch City deserved a little comfort.

Alain Delon - noted actor died at 88. A very good looking man he graced the French film industry for many years often alongside Jean Paul Belmondo. Best films were Rocco and his brothers, Borsalino and Plein Soleil. He did several Hollywood productions too. (Airport and Texas across the river, Red Sun) but preferred to star in French movies. Delon had connections with real gangsters and his wife was linked to a series of high placed sex scandals but this only enhanced his fame.
Ah he died. He was indeed extremely good looking in his youth (from a straight male's perspective).

I have always thought he looks a bit like Griezmann.

He seemed a bit of a knob, but RIP anyway. He had a great innings.

Attachments

• c1rvcJL.jpeg
    c1rvcJL.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 16

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.