The "which famous person died today" thread

Was he the bloke who was being deported around the early '80's ?
If yes, anyone remember the graffiti around Hulme ?
I presume nothing bad happened to him on his return to India (I think) ?

Yeah I recall the graffiti and also "Bring Anwar's Children Home" around Rusholme a few years earlier..
Not forgetting the graffiti about the Longsight Asda case!

Alain Delon - noted actor died at 88. A very good looking man he graced the French film industry for many years often alongside Jean Paul Belmondo. Best films were Rocco and his brothers, Borsalino and Plein Soleil. He did several Hollywood productions too. (Airport and Texas across the river, Red Sun) but preferred to star in French movies. Delon had connections with real gangsters and his wife was linked to a series of high placed sex scandals but this only enhanced his fame.

wanted his dog put down to be buried with him the bastard

Yes he was holed up in a church in Hulme for maybe 2 years claiming sanctuary. The police raided the church and he was deported to Sri Lanka but he ended up marrying a British women so he could stay in Europe and they settled in Germamy.

Last edited:

I think his name was Viraj Mendez.

There was plenty of graffiti around. One amusing piece was Viraj Mendez is our friend which soon became Viraj Mendez is our pen friend shortly after he was deported.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.